Study- Why Your All-Electric Cars make the air Dirtier

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
or course the devil is in the details. Obama is color blind I know

-Geaux

People who own all-electric cars where coal generates the power may think they are helping the environment. But a new study finds their vehicles actually make the air dirtier, worsening global warming.

Say what?

Ethanol isn't so green, either.

"It's kind of hard to beat gasoline" for public and environmental health, said study co-author Julian Marshall, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota. "A lot of the technologies that we think of as being clean ... are not better than gasoline."

The key is where the source of the electricity all-electric cars. If it comes from coal, the electric cars produce 3.6 times more soot and smog deaths than gas, because of the pollution made in generating the electricity, according to the study that is published Monday by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. They also are significantly worse at heat-trapping carbon dioxide that worsens global warming, it found.

Study Your All-Electric Car May Not Be So Green - ABC News

This is where the 'sciencey' liberals choose to ignore scientific fact and stick their heads in the ground.

They have an Agenda to push, which includes pushing fraudulent "Green technology". The truth does not stop the Agenda.

This is where the 'sciencey' liberals choose to ignore scientific fact and stick their heads in the ground.

They have an Agenda to push, which includes pushing fraudulent "Green technology". The truth does not stop the Agenda.

Green talk is just hooey. Libs like giving the impression they actually care about anything but themselves

-Geaux

EV's are ghey.....nobody in America wants them. They'll sell 80,000 or so this year..........lmao.........Americans will buy well over 1 million trucks alone this year.

EV sales are sucking........ get the details HERE>>> Electric Vehicle sales are sucking US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ........packed with tables and graphs. Total sales are < 3% in America...........:2up:

Add me to the new to me list. :banana:

-Geaux

Truck1a.jpg

I have lived a good part of my life where most of the electricity is generated by hydro-electric plants. So the supposition "People who own all-electric cars where coal generates the power..." is a caveat that does not necessarily condemn all EVs..

Also, the fact that 80k fewer cars per year are putting out exhaust fumes and burning gasoline is the plus. The pollution caused by generating the electricity is the next problem to be solved. But the main advantage is getting off oil, especially imported oil. The rate we are burning through it is certainly not sustainable.

I have spent most of my working life driving trucks. I love a good truck. But that doesn't mean I don't also lust for a Tesla in my garage.

Last edited:
it may cause us to use more coal which is good for the folks who work in the coal field

however it does not cause global warming

man made global warming = hoax

although it is rather humorous to learn

that it increases coal consumption

--LOL

which reinforces the idea

the road to hell is paved

with liberal intentions

--LOL

EV's are ghey.....nobody in America wants them. They'll sell 80,000 or so this year..........lmao.........Americans will buy well over 1 million trucks alone this year.

EV sales are sucking........ get the details HERE>>> Electric Vehicle sales are sucking US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ........packed with tables and graphs. Total sales are < 3% in America...........:2up:

-Geaux

Truck1a.jpg

sIcK Geaux...........gotta love a Ford truck. Powerdiesel dude?

I have lived a good part of my life where most of the electricity is generated by hydro-electric plants. So the supposition "People who own all-electric cars where coal generates the power..." is a caveat that does not necessarily condemn all EVs..

Also, the fact that 80k fewer cars per year are putting out exhaust fumes and burning gasoline is the plus. The pollution caused by generating the electricity is the next problem to be solved. But the main advantage is getting off oil, especially imported oil. The rate we are burning through it is certainly not sustainable.

I have spent most of my working life driving trucks. I love a good truck. But that doesn't mean I don't also lust for a Tesla in my garage.

Me too......but only if somebody buys it for me.

For that money Winter, you can have a R35 GTR AWD Nissan that can go around the 'Ring in Germany in a few clicks over 7 minutes!!:ack-1: No contest.

that would also be 80k more cars emitting ozone and such

These type of threads are generally THE WORST THREADS to try and have a decent discussion.

Its all steeped in an underlying right wing agenda and from my experience in dealing with that type of brainwashed nonsense, they will NEVER step away from the "Volt hate."

Last edited:

-Geaux

Truck1a.jpg

sIcK Geaux...........gotta love a Ford truck. Powerdiesel dude?

Powerstroke Diesel beeast!

These type of threads are generally THE WORST THREADS to try and have a decent discussion.

Its all steeped in an underlying right wing agenda and from my experience in dealing with that type of brainwashed nonesenc, they will NEVER step away from the "Volt hate."

hates volt really --LOL

i love electricity we converted our home to electric heat even

very clean cheap and dependable

when they invent a car that runs totally on electric

that can get over 350 miles on one charge that takes less then 10 minutes to cycle

i would be all in on one

Not that facts matter in this thread, but electrical sources very state to state.

Furthermore, a very large amount of energy is required to refine and ship crude oil.

Me too......but only if somebody buys it for me.

For that money Winter, you can have a R35 GTR AWD Nissan that can go around the 'Ring in Germany in a few clicks over 7 minutes!!:ack-1: No contest.

Yeah, the Tesla is not in my budget anytime soon.

But a luxury car that can go 0-60 in a shade over 4 seconds, and that I can fuel up for free, sounds pretty excellent to me.

The Nissan GT R lists for between $101,000 and $149,000. The base model Tesla (w/85kWhr charging) starts at around $80,000 and goes down to around $70,000 after all the federal and state incentives.

Hell, if $149k is in my budget, then I'd scrape up another $2,000 and buy a new Porsche 911 Turbo.

But being able to seat 5 adults in a luxury sedan that has as much tech as the space shuttle, and will still haul ass, appeals to me. Doing it without buying a drop of gasoline makes it all the sweeter.

Its all steeped in an underlying right wing agenda and from my experience in dealing with that type of brainwashed nonesenc, they will NEVER step away from the "Volt hate."

hates volt really --LOL

that can get over 350 miles on one charge that takes less then 10 minutes to cycle

i would be all in on one

Yes, Volt hate. The Internet is filled with hate for GMs " commie car."

hates volt really --LOL

i would be all in on one

oh that volt

it sucks there are better choices then that

hates volt really --LOL

i would be all in on one

oh that volt

it sucks there are better choices then that

The Chevy Volt sucks because you heard that it did.

Ask Jay Leno what he thinks.

Take your Tesla on a trip from Seattle to Miami or from Boston to San Diego. I will do the same in my Sienna. I guarantee I will get to my destination before you because I will have a reliable source to continue my trip every time my tank is empty, now and in the foreseeable future.

You with your Tesla? Not so much.

Forum List

Back