I've told you but you EV advocates ignore reality!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Cost Of Driving Electric Vehicle Equal To Paying $17.33 Per Gallon Of Gasoline, Study Finds
One of many points made is this:
“When an EV owner connects to the electric grid, how much are they paying for the extra generation, transmission, and distribution costs that they are imposing on the grid, and will those embedded costs rise over time?”
Remember I've made several comments regarding the additional cost of generating the electricity needed for EVs.
Almost all of the glowing articles regarding EVs are though for cars...not trucks!

EVtrucksneedingnewplants.png

Cost Of Driving Electric Vehicle Equal To Paying $17.33 Per Gallon Of Gasoline, Study Finds
“When an EV owner connects to the electric grid, how much are they paying for the extra generation, transmission, and distribution costs that they are imposing on the grid, and will those embedded costs rise over time?”
Remember I've made several comments regarding the additional cost of generating the electricity needed for EVs.
Almost all of the glowing articles regarding EVs are though for cars...not trucks!

View attachment 849863

Are you doing bad math again?

Didn't I warn you the last 10 times I corrected your huge fucking errors?

Are you doing bad math again?

Didn't I warn you the last 10 times I corrected your huge fucking errors?
The sad part is you never ever provide any proof to your f...king dumb ass comments!

Prove where the errors are in this?
I've provided sources. I've shown the math. Now dumb ass prove where these numbers are wrong!
And mind you dumb ass... I used the assumption that JUST 30% of all Trucks were EVs... if it were
60% the amount of kWh needed would double! to Nearly 1 trillion additional kWh per year while the USA today generates and uses 4.240 Trillion kWh NOW!

The sad part is you never ever provide any proof to your f...king dumb ass comments!

Prove where the errors are in this?
I've provided sources. I've shown the math. Now dumb ass prove where these numbers are wrong!
And mind you dumb ass... I used the assumption that JUST 30% of all Trucks were EVs... if it were
60% the amount of kWh needed would double! to Nearly 1 trillion additional kWh per year while the USA today generates and uses 4.240 Trillion kWh NOW!

View attachment 850257

Your math is always wrong.
I show you every time.
Have you forgotten already? DURR

Only four months ago.......how large was your error?

Your math is always wrong.
I show you every time.
Have you forgotten already? DURR

Only four months ago.......how large was your error?

But you never proved anything! You just copied my facts!
Projected Nuclear Power Plant Construction Costs Are Soaring.
Companies that are planning new nuclear units are currently indicating that the total costs (including escalation and financing costs) will be in the range of $5,500/kW to $8,100/kW or between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW plant.
NOT me but these experts... https://www.synapse-energy.com/site....Nuclear-Plant-Construction-Costs.A0022_0.pdf
between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW... so let's say $6 billion per 1,100 mW plant or
1,100,000 kW plant.
Now this is JUST EV trucks... no cars so it will be more!
Plus remember Biden said "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

60% of all USA electric generated by fossil fuel plants.

So with 4.240 trillion kWh generated and 60% by fossil fuels, we'll need to replace 2.54 Trillion kWh.
Add 2.54 trillion with .464 Trillion kWh additional electricity from just 30% of Trucks being EVs..
that's a total of nearly 3 trillion kWh to be replaced.
1 nuclear plant generating 1,100,000,000 kW costs $6 billion. See above...
3,000,000,000,000 kW divided by 1,100,000,000 kW generated by 1 nuclear plant at a cost of $6 billion is equal 2,727 power plants to replace the 3 trillion kWh generated by current fossil fuel and the additional plants for just 30% of EVs being Trucks...no cars!
$16,363,636,363,636 to replace the power plants Biden wants and new demand for just 30% EV trucks!

Companies that are planning new nuclear units are currently indicating that the total costs (including escalation and financing costs) will be in the range of $5,500/kW to $8,100/kW or between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW plant.
NOT me but these experts... https://www.synapse-energy.com/site....Nuclear-Plant-Construction-Costs.A0022_0.pdf
between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW... so let's say $6 billion per 1,100 mW plant or
1,100,000 kW plant.
Plus remember Biden said "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So with 4.240 trillion kWh generated and 60% by fossil fuels, we'll need to replace 2.54 Trillion kWh.
Add 2.54 trillion with .464 Trillion kWh additional electricity from just 30% of Trucks being EVs..
3,000,000,000,000 kW divided by 1,100,000,000 kW generated by 1 nuclear plant at a cost of $6 billion is equal 2,727 power plants to replace the 3 trillion kWh generated by current fossil fuel and the additional plants for just 30% of EVs being Trucks...no cars!
$16,363,636,363,636 to replace the power plants Biden wants and new demand for just 30% EV trucks!

View attachment 850279

But you never proved anything!

Didn't I prove your numbers were wrong?
How much were your numbers off by again?

I had a laser printer back when they were new to home users and when the ink toner cartridges ran out it was cheaper to buy a brand new printer than to buy just a cartridge. The same goes with EV cars and their batteries. You don't want to own one of them when the battery poops out.

Didn't I prove your numbers were wrong?
How much were your numbers off by again?
Surely you are smart enough to keep a copy of all your "corrections"! But you hardly ever make
an independent expert attested facts supported comments. Zero. You said you proved "numbers were wrong"... well if so you should have a copy of your proof to provide, otherwise you are lying!

View attachment 849863
Not a fan...but hybrids were a good idea.

Surely you are smart enough to keep a copy of all your "corrections"! But you hardly ever make
an independent expert attested facts supported comments. Zero. You said you proved "numbers were wrong"... well if so you should have a copy of your proof to provide, otherwise you are lying!

1698620247599.png

Over 8000 times too high? Crazy!

Is your admission enough proof?

1,100,000 kW plant.

View attachment 850279

only a string of nuke plants could meet that demand long term. You would need somewhere in the order of 100 of them.

Forum List

Back