Study Finds Black Male's Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCA and Merlin demonstrate right here how folks ignore the facts on this issue.

Quote from the facts of the study (the article that starts this thread) done by a university on this issue:

According to new research from NU's Center for Labor Market Studies, employment rates and labor market attachment among African-American men have declined dramatically since the Civil Rights era.

Newswise — Against the celebratory backdrop of the 50th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 ruling in Brown versus Board of Education, a new labor market study finds that many of the nation’s African-American men face growing joblessness and year-round idleness problems.

The new report, titled “Trends in Black Male Joblessness and Year-Round Idleness: An Employment Crisis Ignored” and prepared for the Alternative Schools Network in Chicago, Ill., Northeastern University’s Center for Labor Market Studies and economist Andrew Sum analyzed both long-term and recent employment developments among the nation’s black males, finding that, since the era of Civil Rights some five decades back, African-American men have suffered a serious decline in labor force attachment and participation.
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

There are millions upon millions of whites on unemployment, the point is if there is one?

Screw it, D has no point, and no this is not an avoidance of the problem, the problem is a people problem not a Black problem. Blacks, as evidenced by many prominent Black members of society have every intellectual ability that Whites do, the problems are socio-economic but D will never admit that.

So if the answer is to not let Blacks have organozations that cater specifically to them than can we outlaw the KKK? Can we force all white country clubs to integrate? Can we breakup Irish Groups? Poilish? German? Asian? No more Irish parades on St. Paddy day? Or is this simply about Blacks because they are black? I think the latter and American history supports me.

OCA said:
So if the answer is to not let Blacks have organozations that cater specifically to them than can we outlaw the KKK? Can we force all white country clubs to integrate? Can we breakup Irish Groups? Poilish? German? Asian? No more Irish parades on St. Paddy day? Or is this simply about Blacks because they are black? I think the latter and American history supports me.
I think people should be able to from whatever group they want PRIVATELY. I am apposed to all the groups and laws that are racialy based and supported at taxpayers expence.

Big D said:
I think people should be able to from whatever group they want PRIVATELY. I am apposed to all the groups and laws that are racialy based and supported at taxpayers expence.

The NAACP is a private organization so are all Black colleges because last I checked none were state institutions. Black Miss America again a private institution. If we get rid of Black television and radio then no more use of the airwaves for Metzger's Race and Reason and all the other radio programs from the likes of National Alliance etc. etc. No more St. Paddy day parades on taxpayer owned streets, in fact no more parades of any kind which allude to ethnicity on taxpayer streets. If no Black groups of anything then we need to have a thorough going through of memberships of all Rotary, Elks, American Legion and other clubs to make sure they are not all white and if found to be so then no more use of parks or any other publicly owned forum for them.

As for Black unions I am not sure if they receive public funds or not since most unions run solely on membership dues and fundraisers.

We are also waiting for your solution, you've posted an end result not a solution, I can explain the difference between the two if you'd like.

But to cut a long story short what I belive is the best solution is to treat ALL people as equal. I belive no group of people should be judged on skin color, we need to eliminate all laws and special rights that are given to groups based on skin color. Examples: Affirmitive Action, NAACP, black congress, black TV stations, black Miss America, black colleges, black firefighters and police unions ect........

People need to treat blacks as humans and not as a pet that was just raised incorrectly. When whites truely treat blacks as humans and hold them responcable for their own behaviour, we will then be on the way to the solution.

"When whites truely hold Blacks responsible for their own behavior"

Translation: when Big D is freely allowed to discriminate at will.

Big D said:
The sence I get from you Merlin is that it is the responcabilty of whites to educate blacks, does that not in it's self show inferiority? I know that these things do not happen overnight, but the fact is since the civil rights movement the quality of life for blacks has decreaced dramatically. What group other then whites have made laws against themselfs in hopes of helping another group achive? White racism only goes so far as a reason why blacks are unsuccessful.

The dogma has logical consequences that are profoundly important. If blacks, for example, are equal to Whites in every way, what accounts for their poverty, criminality, and dissipation? Since any theory of racial differences has been outlawed, the only possible explanation for black failure is White racism. And since blacks are markedly poor, crime-prone, and dissipated, America must be racked with pervasive racism. Nothing else could be keeping them in such an abject state.

All public discourse on race today is locked into this rigid logic. Any explanation for black failure that does not depend on White wickedness threatens to veer off into the forbidden territory of racial differences. Thus, even if today's Whites can find in their hearts no desire to oppress blacks, yesterday's Whites must have oppressed them. If Whites do not consciously oppress blacks, they must oppress them Unconsciously. If no obviously racist individuals can be identified, then societal institutions must be racist. Or, since blacks are failing so terribly in America, there simply must be millions of White people we do not know about, who are working day and night to keep blacks in misery. The dogma of racial equality leaves no room for an explanation of black failure that is not, in some fashion, an indictment of White people.

The logical consequences of this are clear. Since we are required to believe that the only explanation for non-White failure is White racism, every time a non-White is poor, commits a crime, goes on welfare, or takes drugs, White society stands accused of yet another act of racism. All failure or misbehavior by non-Whites is standing proof that White society is riddled with hatred and bigotry. For precisely so long as non-Whites fail to succeed in life at exactly the same level as Whites, Whites will be, by definition, thwarting and oppressing them. This obligatory pattern of thinking leads to strange conclusions. First of all, racism is a sin that is thought to be committed almost exclusively by White people. Indeed, a black congressman from Chicago, Gus Savage, and Coleman Young, the black mayor of Detroit, have argued that only White people can be racist. Likewise, in 1987, the affirmative action officer of the State Insurance Fund of New York issued a company pamphlet in which she explained that all Whites are racist and that only Whites can be racist. How else could the plight of blacks be explained without flirting with the possibility of racial inequality?
http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/3874.php

How can I or anyone take you seriously when you can't even spell?

Sence? Responcability? Themselfs?

Big D said:
Does anyone here disagree at all with the facts from the study done by Northeastern University on black males http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

or is it just that you disagree with me posting these facts?

I don't challenge the study, I challenge your conclusion. The study simply states that umemployment among teen and elderly blacks has increased over time. Nowhere in the article regarding this study is there mention of any causality factor research. And nowhere in the article was there any statment such as the one you used for the title of this thread.

Your conclusion that black males are "useless" was not supported by the text of the article. Instead it was a figment of your own very prejudiced imagination. You should refrain from challenging others to debate this issue on a factual basis because you will most certainly come out on the losing end every time. The facts never support blind prejudice.

• Thanks
Reactions: OCA
Big D said:
Does anyone here disagree at all with the facts from the study done by Northeastern University on black males http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/506187/

or is it just that you disagree with me posting these facts?

Big D, nobody disagrees with the small fraction of actual unbiased facts that you present, what we disagree with is the blatant racism you display when you suggest that Blacks and Hispanics are inferior. You simply ignore all socio-economic factors and also the historical propensity that America has to hold minorities down.

I'm sure you'll post some dumbass cut and paste from one of your bookmarked supremist websites that we've all seen a dozen times before, i'm not even sure exactly why I bother with you.

Merlin1047 said:
I don't challenge the study, I challenge your conclusion. The study simply states that umemployment among teen and elderly blacks has increased over time.
Quote from the study:
Among 20 to 24 year old black men, employment rates averaged just 57 percent during the past three years, compared with an average of 80 percent employment in the late 1960s. The E/P (employment to population) ratio of young black men in 2003 lagged well behind the white male employment rate by nearly 20 percentage points;

* In 2002, a full quarter of African-American men ages 20 to 64 were not employed at any point during the year. The year-round joblessness rate for black adult males in 2002 was twice as high as that of white and Hispanic males;

* The year-round idleness rate for black men varies by age, educational attainment, and geographic location. Idleness rates in 2002 ranged from a low of 18 percent for those ages 35 to 44 to a high of nearly 42 percent for those 55 to 64. Forty-four percent of black men with no high school diploma were idle year-round versus 26 percent of high school graduates and only 13 percent of those with a bachelor’s or higher degree.

OCA said:
Big D, nobody disagrees with the small fraction of actual unbiased facts that you present, what we disagree with is the blatant racism you display when you suggest that Blacks and Hispanics are inferior. You simply ignore all socio-economic factors and also the historical propensity that America has to hold minorities down.
As much as you want to blame the history of America.
You simply ignore the fact that outside America is where blacks and hispanics have a lower quality of life.

Is it not odd that Asians and Jews who have had just as much as if not more discrimination as blacks and hispanics are very successful in the world.
What is also fact is that Asians and Jews have the highest IQ's.

Lets take a group of Black 5 year olds from Compton and a group of White 5 year olds from Hamptons, NY and switch residences for all their schooling years(5-18) and I guarantee you the White kids will end up stupider than the Blacks if the White kids don't end up in prison first. Its all about opportunities and nothing else.

Your claim of Blacks and Hispanics having a lower quality of life outside of America is false. Ever been to Mexico City? HUGE rich class there but no middle class, the slums there kind of remind me of areas of West Virginia inhabited by Whites. Also if I go to any Black country i'm sure I could find a significant portion of the country who can spell sense, responsibility and themselves unlike you, and you want to talk IQ?

Also show me where Asians were sold and enslaved.

OCA said:
Lets take a group of Black 5 year olds from Compton and a group of White 5 year olds from Hamptons, NY and switch residences for all their schooling years(5-18) and I guarantee you the White kids will end up stupider than the Blacks if the White kids don't end up in prison first. Its all about opportunities and nothing else.

Your claim of Blacks and Hispanics having a lower quality of life outside of America is false. Ever been to Mexico City? HUGE rich class there but no middle class, the slums there kind of remind me of areas of West Virginia inhabited by Whites. Also if I go to any Black country i'm sure I could find a significant portion of the country who can spell sense, responsibility and themselves unlike you, and you want to talk IQ?

Also show me where Asians were sold and enslaved.
The test you speak of has been done, it was called interacial bussing and it was a huge failure. The test scores of blacks did not improve at all.

The poor quality of life in Hispanic or African majority country's is a well known fact, why do you think hispanics and africans risk their lives just for a chance to live in a white majority country?

As far as my spelling, that is your attempt to avoid the issue and make this a personal attack, as you see I do not care that you mispelled Polish.

Quote from OCA:
Can we breakup Irish Groups? Poilish? German? Asian?

If you believe that a couple of hundred years of slavery has changed blacks, just think how thousands and thousands of years living in the African jungle has left them unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back