Student Wearing Military Type Jacket Prompts Southington School Lockdown

I agree. The protocol should have been to ask the student to come to the office for a moment. Of course if he is armed, who knows what happens next.

I agree. The protocol should have been to ask the student to come to the office for a moment. Of course if he is armed, who knows what happens next.

Well, if he's armed and the principal is armed, hopefully the two dumb shits would take each other out and that would be the end of it.

All t his talk of armed principals and teacher is going to lead to innocent students, teachers, and staff dying sooner or later.

I think each school district of any size should have a police presence, and I don't mean deputy dog security outsourcing. I worked for Chuck Vance a long time ago after the service, and the current rental security service are nothing like that.

The far right can't control the schools no matter how much the want, so that is not a problem.

Military appearance (jackets, pants, camouflage, etc) has unfortunately become a symbol of danger in civilian life.

School uniforms for students and teachers and staff and administration should be mandatory.

a symbol of danger? you're insane. maybe to you, but normal people, no.

as to uniforms, this post alone proves you're not a republican. you start off claiming the "far right" wants to control schools, then you end up claiming how you would control schools with uniforms. you have no self awareness.

The far right can't control the schools no matter how much the want, so that is not a problem.

Military appearance (jackets, pants, camouflage, etc) has unfortunately become a symbol of danger in civilian life.

School uniforms for students and teachers and staff and administration should be mandatory.

as to uniforms, this post alone proves you're not a republican. you start off claiming the "far right" wants to control schools, then you end up claiming how you would control schools with uniforms. you have no self awareness.

How would school uniforms be controlling schools? Now, to clarify , by school uniforms I mean khakis and polos for the gentlemen and skirts and blouses or khakis and blouses for the ladies along with plain white sneakers.

This would solve a myriad of problems.

School uniforms

What good would that have done? This was outerwear.

Issue jackets to.

Matter of fact, I don't know why public schools don't have dorms so you can just drop your child off on monday morning and let the school raise them until friday evening.

Some of us prefer not to relinquish our children to the state.

I was kidding about the dorms. Not about the uniforms.

How would school uniforms be controlling schools? Now, to clarify , by school uniforms I mean khakis and polos for the gentlemen and skirts and blouses or khakis and blouses for the ladies along with plain white sneakers.

is your response serious? uniforms are not about controlling schools? you can't be serious.

is your response serious? uniforms are not about controlling schools? you can't be serious.

You noticed my response was a question? You must not have since you didn't answer a question.

So, let me try again. In your opinion how is requiring a uniform of khaki pants, a polo shirt, an white sneakers "controlling schools?"

Simply screaming "that is controlling schools" isn't enough, give a reason.

Oh, and remember, schools already have dress codes so simply upping that dress code doesn't really change much in terms of "control"

You noticed my response was a question? You must not have since you didn't answer a question.

So, let me try again. In your opinion how is requiring a uniform of khaki pants, a polo shirt, an white sneakers "controlling schools?"

Oh, and remember, schools already have dress codes so simply upping that dress code doesn't really change much in terms of "control"

1. the public schools i went to had no dress code other than the bland, nothing too sexy or violent.

2. requiring schools to have a uniform is control. think about the military. they are all in uniform.

"I think in situations like this, staff members reacted exactly the way they were supposed to react and I think school administration acted exactly the way they were supposed to act and so did the police department," Connellan added.

And, in a report on TV, it said he had ignored the school rules concerning dress in the past.

Sadly, we ignore things like this at the peril of our children.

When it has been ignored in the past, the result has been mass shootings. The nutters can blame PC libs if they want but if the kid had been armed, if he had shot others, they would be the first to clamor for the heads of the school for not catching an obvious warning sign.

Last edited:

1. the public schools i went to had no dress code other than the bland, nothing too sexy or violent.

2. requiring schools to have a uniform is control. think about the military. they are all in uniform.

you of course answered nothing. Do you simply not know why school uniforms represent government control, all you DO know is that your conservative blogs told you to say that? I mean come on man. Use your head for something besides a coat rack. What is it about school uniforms that tells Yurt "uh oh that's government control"

Applebees wears uniforms, are they controlled by the government?

Are you in the right thread? Or are you just smokin' some good shit today?

Something else might work better, considering the atmosphere schools seem to be trying for...say, orange one-piece jumpsuits, with "PRISONER'...err, I mean "STUDENT" stenciled across the back.

Jake, this has nothing to do with the far right. This is just plain common sense. Spare us your asshattery.

The paranoia of the public school teachers is reaching a fever pitch.
Army fatigue jackets at one time used to be all the rage.
The teachers need to have their meds checked at the school door before entering.
It isn't paranoia if they actually have valid reasons to worry.

They didn't.

Forum List

Back