Ban Halloween Entirely Or......

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
All three, the professionally outraged, hobbyist outraged and a few sincerely outraged, have undertaken to have one Halloweed costume design outlawed, banned, in their community:

Outrage in Wis. over sale of Slenderman costumes

Now I will concede this particular costume IS in rather poor taste but how about other designs that might offend:

Black hoodies and dark makeup.
Police type costumes worn with light-coloured makeup.
Ape or chimpanzee masks of any sort.
Turbans.
Burqas.
Feathered headdresses (except for Elizabeth Warren).
Elizabeth Warren masks.
Cowboy outfits.

You see, there really is now NO way to have Halloween without being politically incorrect.

So are you happy with piecemeal bans or should we just abandon Halloween as some feel we must abandon Independence Day?

Do you have children? If your community allows Halloween what sort of costume do you feel you can let them wear without danger of being abused by the overly sensitive?

Being a Wisconsinite, they keep playing this news over and over and over. Halloween costumes shouldn't be banned, including Slenderman. We don't ban Joker costumes since that one nut shot up a movie theater.

It is Halloween! The costumes are MEANT to scare and offend.

Scaring is good. After all, it's what the current regime finds to be most useful.

Offending, though, is no longer permitted if you wish to play a professional sport or own a professional team. But if you do or own neither then it's all good!

It sounds like the people in that Wisconsin town that are pushing for the ban need to lighten up and get a life.

Samhein is actually my favorite night of the entire year...

During that time, the veil between this world and Irkalla is thinnest...

We celebrate Halloween and Dia de Los Muertos as well. Such epic holidays...

Last edited:
I'd rather see Slenderman than tramps and whores like is common now. Halloween should be ghouls, ghosts, monsters and witches.

I'd rather see Slenderman than tramps and whores like is common now. Halloween should be ghouls, ghosts, monsters and witches.

No kidding I witnessed a girl dressed up as a sexy hamburger last year. I was like, really girl?! Sexy hamburger. My friend went as sexy Bane last year as a joke lampooning all those alleged sexy costumes. :badgrin:

Halloween has sucked for years now anyways. I'm glad I was still a kid when trick or treating hours were from dark until... people stopped giving out candy. Now children have an hour or two in the daylight.

Halloween has sucked for years now anyways. I'm glad I was still a kid when trick or treating hours were from dark until... people stopped giving out candy. Now children have an hour or two in the daylight.
We'd go home with pillow cases half full of mostly full-sized candy bars. My brother and I would dump them out on the kitchen table and swap our favorites, then we'd eat a half dozen pieces each. We'd walk miles from home at the age of 7. Not a care in the world.

Perhaps you should begin celebrating Samhein. Celebrations begin at Sunset and last all night...​

Your kids need a Secret Service detail to go with them these days.

I used to run as hard as I could to hit all of the houses before 10pm. Then my parents would confiscate my haul and divvy it out piecemeal for a few months. By the time my bucket was half empty the candy was stale. Took all of the fun out of it.

We'd go home with pillow cases half full of mostly full-sized candy bars. My brother and I would dump them out on the kitchen table and swap our favorites, then we'd eat a half dozen pieces each. We'd walk miles from home at the age of 7. Not a care in the world.

I'd make more than one run. We'd have to fill our bags, go home to drop off our goods, and then go back out for more candy. Of course my parents didn't care. They had free candy for a year as well. :D

If you ban slender man costumes from Halloween that doesn't mean that it's going to go away; it's all over the internet. Seems kind of pointless to me.

I'd make more than one run. We'd have to fill our bags, go home to drop off our goods, and then go back out for more candy. Of course my parents didn't care. They had free candy for a year as well. :D
Well done. We had enough territory to cover that we'd do a loop in about three hours. As soon as it started getting dark we'd be gone. I can still remember the whole route. Right now I can see the kitchen table, my brother to my right, the overhead light, dark windows behind me, and my brother offering me a Three Musketeers in trade for a Krackle bar.

Just don't where blackface, you will have the wrath of the entire PC brigade chasing you to the gates of hell.

Of course it's fine and dandy for blacks to make a movie like "White Girls" where two black guys try to look like white blonde girls, but by god don't you dare try to do the same in blackface.

Forum List

Back