Student Wearing Military Type Jacket Prompts Southington School Lockdown

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Is it any wonder why American students lag behind their international peers when this is the caliber of people "educating" them?

SOUTHINGTON, CT (WFSB) -
A student walking in the hall wearing a green military-style jacket prompted a lockdown at a Southington school on Tuesday.

John F. Kennedy Middle School on South Main Street in the Plantsville section of Southington was put in lockdown around 11 a.m.

Superintendent of Schools Tim Connellan told Eyewitness News that a studentwas walking in a hallway, while others were in class, which alarmed a staff member.

Connellan said the staff member described the student as wearing a militarystyle jacket, and notified the school office.

All students were told to return to their classrooms while the school was placed in lockdown, which is "part of the standard operating procedure." The staffer alerted school leaders and they called police.

Officers searched the John F. Kennedy Middle School and its surrounding grounds, but police said the initial search "revealed nothing of a suspicious nature."

Student wearing military type jacket prompts lockdown at school - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Seems like a pretty big overreaction to me.

The schools are training up the kids. This is brainwashing worse than evangelical lunacy. Pop Tarts as guns, shirts with guns on them, etc. It's not bad judgement, it's thought control.

sure , school uniforms are ok with me but the whole idea that wearing a military style jacket can cause a school lockdown is crazy IMO . This clothing was just the thing in the late 60s , early 70s in high school . --------------------- I kick myself because I lost my genuine US Air Force issue parka with REAL wolf fur hood fringe . Also had a Nam issue jacket that I lost . Course I was outa school but I sure looked good drinking a muga beer down at ANDY's Bar .

The paranoia of the public school teachers is reaching a fever pitch.
Army fatigue jackets at one time used to be all the rage.
The teachers need to have their meds checked at the school door before entering.

The far right can't control the schools no matter how much the want, so that is not a problem.

Military appearance (jackets, pants, camouflage, etc) has unfortunately become a symbol of danger in civilian life.

School uniforms for students and teachers and staff and administration should be mandatory.

Is it any wonder why American students lag behind their international peers when this is the caliber of people "educating" them?

SOUTHINGTON, CT (WFSB) -
A student walking in the hall wearing a green military-style jacket prompted a lockdown at a Southington school on Tuesday.

John F. Kennedy Middle School on South Main Street in the Plantsville section of Southington was put in lockdown around 11 a.m.

Superintendent of Schools Tim Connellan told Eyewitness News that a studentwas walking in a hallway, while others were in class, which alarmed a staff member.

Connellan said the staff member described the student as wearing a militarystyle jacket, and notified the school office.

All students were told to return to their classrooms while the school was placed in lockdown, which is "part of the standard operating procedure." The staffer alerted school leaders and they called police.

Officers searched the John F. Kennedy Middle School and its surrounding grounds, but police said the initial search "revealed nothing of a suspicious nature."

Student wearing military type jacket prompts lockdown at school - WFSB 3 Connecticut
If this is the full story, over reaction by the school. If something else was going on....we may have only heard a small part of it. But jacket only? Yeah, big overreaction.

The far right can't control the schools no matter how much the want, so that is not a problem.

Military appearance (jackets, pants, camouflage, etc) has unfortunately become a symbol of danger in civilian life.

School uniforms for students and teachers and staff and administration should be mandatory.

A symbol of danger? For liberal pussies maybe...

This is the type of uniform Starkey wants.

1e29c17dd4bc609f41cce4d9970c66ed.jpg

SOUTHINGTON, CT (WFSB) -

If this is the full story, over reaction by the school. If something else was going on....we may have only heard a small part of it. But jacket only? Yeah, big overreaction.

Its all part of one of the biggest cancers in our society. The staff over-reacts because God forbid something happens, then society and media look to blame everyone but the nut job in question. Blame the school, blame the gun, blame the NRA, blame the teachers, blame the police. Its easier to contemplate that the cause of this is someone not doing their job or someone got a hold of an inanimate object that is somehow "bad" than to realize that your fellow citizen can rarely just up and go nutters.

To me, if people are that easily scared, they should find somewhere else to be.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If you cry fire, there had better be one because if there isn't, don't expect anyone to believe you if there is one for real later on.

Forum List

Back