Student Suspended For Sexual Harrassment - Wearing A Costume To Another School's Prom

dilloduck said:
So who is the final arbiter on what is harmful "to others" ? Is there any kind of sexual behavior that even YOU would consider harmful to others? How about having sex knowing full well that you have aids but not telling your partner?

I think there is a law against that...

dilloduck said:
I think I've hear from battery to some form of manslaughter-might have conspiracy thrown in to. However, on the web, quicktime, this is all I could find:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ted+aids+united+states&hl=en&client=firefox-a
What are the laws regarding knowingly infecting someone with HIV?
In some states, persons who are aware of their infection but who knowingly put their sex partners at risk or intentionally attempt to infect someone are subject to criminal penalties.

For more information regarding the laws in your state, you may wish to contact your state health department.

What are the laws regarding privacy for persons with HIV?
Virtually every state has passed laws dealing directly with HIV or AIDS. These states have enacted statutes, regulations, or policies that protect HIV-related information either directly or indirectly. Laws regarding obtaining HIV/AIDS information, how it is protected, and under what circumstances confidential medical information is releasable varies among states.

For more information regarding the laws in your state, you may wish to contact your state health department.

dilloduck said:
I was directing that question to Inesin who apparently questions any law petaining to sexual acts.
Well, it had 'my quote' on the reply part. Can only help. :thup: Go Sox. (I know, totally unrelated...)

dilloduck said:
I was directing that question to Inesin who apparently questions any law petaining to sexual acts.

I question any law that punishes a person unjusticely. If you'd pay attention you would have seen that.

Punishing a child molestor after he/she has served their time sets a dangerous precedent that can be used against other people if the wrong person so choosed to in the future. If child molestors are deemed still dangerous by society then dont let them out of jail. Give mandatory life sentences for child rapists or execution and be done with it. Don't keep punishing a person after they have supposedly paid their debt to society.

As for your specific alegation, the only one i can see that i defended was prostitution. Prostitution is the transaction between 2 conesnting adults to exchange sex for money. Who then is harmed? The woman gives her consent and the man gives his consent. If both are of legal age, who are we to punish these people. Sure judge them all you like. This is a free country. We can call them scum of society. We can look down at these people. But to punish someone for an act that harm's no one but themselves, who are we to do that?

Now we can restrict the areas that they can do business in. I wouldnt want a prostitute standing on the local corner no more then i would want a panhandler or a drug dealer. We as communities have a legal authority to restrict what goes on in public. If they however run an ad through the paper and offer the service in the privacy of their home or at a private building that is from view of the public (meaning windows are closed, not the house physically), then thats their business.

I can't see where else i have defended a sex law though. Perhaps you can enlighten me with your over generalizations.

insein said:
I question any law that punishes a person unjusticely. If you'd pay attention you would have seen that.

Punishing a child molestor after he/she has served their time sets a dangerous precedent that can be used against other people if the wrong person so choosed to in the future. If child molestors are deemed still dangerous by society then dont let them out of jail. Give mandatory life sentences for child rapists or execution and be done with it. Don't keep punishing a person after they have supposedly paid their debt to society.

As for your specific alegation, the only one i can see that i defended was prostitution. Prostitution is the transaction between 2 conesnting adults to exchange sex for money. Who then is harmed? The woman gives her consent and the man gives his consent. If both are of legal age, who are we to punish these people. Sure judge them all you like. This is a free country. We can call them scum of society. We can look down at these people. But to punish someone for an act that harm's no one but themselves, who are we to do that?

Now we can restrict the areas that they can do business in. I wouldnt want a prostitute standing on the local corner no more then i would want a panhandler or a drug dealer. We as communities have a legal authority to restrict what goes on in public. If they however run an ad through the paper and offer the service in the privacy of their home or at a private building that is from view of the public (meaning windows are closed, not the house physically), then thats their business.

I can't see where else i have defended a sex law though. Perhaps you can enlighten me with your over generalizations.

I have zippo problem with prostitution, personally think it should be legalized and regulated.

As for rape and child sexual crimes, the proponderance of studies and recidivism rates say that it's a violence act, not sexual. The nature of the crime is against rehabilitation. Lock em up and throw away the key. If the law lets them out, let the community know, so they can defend themselves and those they love.

Kathianne said:
I have zippo problem with prostitution, personally think it should be legalized and regulated.

As for rape and child sexual crimes, the proponderance of studies and recidivism rates say that it's a violence act, not sexual. The nature of the crime is against rehabilitation. Lock em up and throw away the key. If the law lets them out, let the community know, so they can defend themselves and those they love.

I personally feel the law shouldnt let them out. Execution or life in prison would be mandatory for child rapists. Meaning intercourse, bj's (yea thats sex bill), actual molestation (not just rubbing up against someone), etc. I would make it real clear in the law. Not stuff you can really get into on the forum without offending people. Basically depending on the nature of the crime you have 2 options. Life in prison or death. No parole. No shorter sentence. You preyed upon a person who is not of the ability to fully think for themselves or defend themselves and knowingly performed these acts on them then you deserve no less then those 2 options.

People need to stop focusing their efforts on making child molestors lives as miserable as possible outside of jail and start forcing their politicians to get serious on sentences for these criminals so that they never leave jail. The reason being is that any law enacted to torture a person who once committed a crime sets a dangerous precedent in the future. If something we all take for granted suddenly becomes illegal due to an authoritarian group of people (like driving a car) then those people would make regular people's lives as miserable as possible in order to torture violators of their code.

Don't follow an angry mob. Think about things people before you blindly throw a pitchfork at someone.

insein said:
I personally feel the law shouldnt let them out. Execution or life in prison would be mandatory for child rapists. Meaning intercourse, bj's (yea thats sex bill), actual molestation (not just rubbing up against someone), etc. I would make it real clear in the law. Not stuff you can really get into on the forum without offending people. Basically depending on the nature of the crime you have 2 options. Life in prison or death. No parole. No shorter sentence. You preyed upon a person who is not of the ability to fully think for themselves or defend themselves and knowingly performed these acts on them then you deserve no less then those 2 options.

People need to stop focusing their efforts on making child molestors lives as miserable as possible outside of jail and start forcing their politicians to get serious on sentences for these criminals so that they never leave jail. The reason being is that any law enacted to torture a person who once committed a crime sets a dangerous precedent in the future. If something we all take for granted suddenly becomes illegal due to an authoritarian group of people (like driving a car) then those people would make regular people's lives as miserable as possible in order to torture violators of their code.

Don't follow an angry mob. Think about things people before you blindly throw a pitchfork at someone.

I think I'm hearing ya. Child victim criminals, death, life. We agree, they will do it again, given the chance. We also agree that most were in all liklihood victims at one time. So keep them locked up. I'd rather not kill them.

Rapists, are all about dominance and violence, hate. They hate women.

Now we can restrict the areas that they can do business in. I wouldnt want a prostitute standing on the local corner no more then i would want a panhandler or a drug dealer. We as communities have a legal authority to restrict what goes on in public.

Why should we restrict any behavior that goes on between 2 consenting adults? Can't the rest of society just look the other way while these citizens enjoy their freedom? You need to make you mind up on this one, dude.

rtwngAvngr said:
Who here wants their child to be a democrat?

All you have in response to the issue of legalizing prostitution is an emotional argument - a bad one at that. You criticize me for responses lacking in substance, and then you give us jewels of knowledge like that.

(and I'm not a democrat, or a liberal, but I know you like to think that so it's easier to debate me in your head)

The ClayTaurus said:
All you have in response to the issue of legalizing prostitution is an emotional argument - a bad one at that. You criticize me for responses lacking in substance, and then you give us jewels of knowledge like that.

(and I'm not a democrat, or a liberal, but I know you like to think that so it's easier to debate me in your head)

Blah blah blah. I didn't say that.

Forum List

Back