Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

Nope not on private property. They should however be STRONGLY encouraged to haul their anti_American Mex asses back to where their rag should properly fly.

Really? Strongly encouraged to haul their "anti_American asses back to where? BTW This is the flag our Mexican American neighbor was flying over their front porch:

marineflag.jpg

In context you CLEARLY implied they had a MEXICAN flag. Regardless they are EITHER Mex or American, can't be both. IF they wannabe Mex they need to do it in Mexico.

No...I said they were Mexican American (which they are) and they had a flag. I just stood back and let your prejudices against anyone with "Mexican" in their name go to work. You did not disappoint.

And I'm Both Irish and American and Scottish and American and German and American and English and American. Sorry if YOU have no roots to be proud of....but MOST of us are proud of where we came from as well as proud to be Americans.

Really? Strongly encouraged to haul their "anti_American asses back to where? BTW This is the flag our Mexican American neighbor was flying over their front porch:

marineflag.jpg

In context you CLEARLY implied they had a MEXICAN flag. Regardless they are EITHER Mex or American, can't be both. IF they wannabe Mex they need to do it in Mexico.

No...I said they were Mexican American (which they are) and they had a flag. I just stood back and let your prejudices against anyone with "Mexican" in their name go to work. You did not disappoint.

And I'm Both Irish and American and Scottish and American and German and American and English and American. Sorry if YOU have no roots to be proud of....but MOST of us are proud of where we came from as well as proud to be Americans.

Proverbs 16:17-18

16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I don't know I wasn't at the school. I take Nick Morris' word for it.

You mean the boy who has apologized, said he was wrong (his mother said he was wrong) and is making it up to the owner of the flag? That Nick Morris?

He said it was wrong of him to throw the flag in the trash, not that it was wrong to take it down.

Ah...gotcha...so you're going with the boy who threw someone else's property in the trash rather than a picture of where the flag was...with no American flag anywhere near it.

Well, if you're gonna be partisan, might as well go all the way, eh? :eusa_whistle:

You mean the boy who has apologized, said he was wrong (his mother said he was wrong) and is making it up to the owner of the flag? That Nick Morris?

He said it was wrong of him to throw the flag in the trash, not that it was wrong to take it down.

Ah...gotcha...so you're going with the boy who threw someone else's property in the trash rather than a picture of where the flag was...with no American flag anywhere near it.

Well, if you're gonna be partisan, might as well go all the way, eh? :eusa_whistle:

The first sentence is a statement that is factually incorrect.

To answer your question, no I'm not partisan by any means. I am a conservative that will vote for those that holds to conservative principles, be they R's, D's or I's.

To answer your question, .no I'm not partisan by any means I am a conservative that will vote for those that holds to conservative principles, be they R's, D's or I's.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

To answer your question, no I'm not partisan by any means. I am a conservative that will vote for those that holds to conservative principles, be they R's, D's or I's.

That does not mean you are "not partisan".

Partisan: 1. A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.

A flag display is suppose to have a larger and more dominant American flag in it. That is why the school refered to it as a decoration. Where's the US flag?

A flag display is suppose to have a larger and more dominant American flag in it. That is why the school refered to it as a decoration. Where's the US flag?

Wait....are you saying that ALL flag displays HAVE TO HAVE an American flag included? Where in the flag code does it say that?

That does not mean you are "not partisan".

Partisan: 1. A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.

You have either supported my claim that I am not partisan or you've proven that everyone that holds to certain principles or ideas are all partisan.

Wait....are you saying that ALL flag displays HAVE TO HAVE an American flag included? Where in the flag code does it say that?

§175. Position and manner of display
The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
(a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
(b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Yes, that is what I said.

The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
(a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
(b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Um....is there something there that says that any flag display MUST INCLUDE an American flag?

Um....is there something there that says that any flag display MUST INCLUDE an American flag?

Underlined and the key part in bold not helpful enough huh? The "No other falg" part should have helped you too. Shoots a big hole in your defense.

Well...me and the cricket in the corner are waiting....

Which violation you want to go with?

No, that is not what it says...there is NOTHING in the Flag Code that requires that there always be an American flag in ANY flag display. For you to read that when it isn't there is ridiculous.

No, that is not what it says...there is NOTHING in the Flag Code that requires that there always be an American flag in ANY flag display. For you to read that when it isn't there is ridiculous.

Having trouble reading for comprehension? Let me remove the extra verbage and you can see it more plainly.

No person shall display the flag of any other national flag in place of the flag of the United States at any place within the United States. Pretty simple really. You are wrong. I probably would have let it slide, but you made such a point of it, I decided to check. Bad move on your part.

Forum List

Back