Story of Joseph Smith - Founder of Mormonism

Mormonism was taking shape, despite the protest of churchgoers. While the Mormons proclaimed,
Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. The Christians protested No! he's a scoundrel! You're a cult! Blasphemy! Everything you teach is a lie!

This was the "persecution" they faced in their early years. People hated the unbiblical new doctrines he was creating, following his "translation" into English of the Book of Mormon.

In the following scene we see the Christian asking the ex-Mormon - David, how this was possible!

Christian: David, I'm stumped! How could he translate the Book of Mormon from invisible golden plates?

David the ex - Mormon: Joseph may have believed they were there and that he could see them. Some say he used magical glasses to do it. Out of this craziness came forth "The Book of Mormon." Satan gave Joseph its message.

Christian: Unbelievable! Is it still the same, or has it been changed, too, like the story of the "angel" Moroni?

Ex-Mormon - David: Are you kidding? You'd be stunned to know how many times!

Christian: How many? 40 or 50?

Ex-Mormon David: Try 3,913 times! That's the magic of Mormonism: It has always changed and it always will.

The Mormons hold the Bible as the lowest of all their books.

It's no surprise to see the Book of Mormon above the Word of God. In Mormonism, the writings of Joseph Smith supercede anything God has written in His bible.

ALL Mormons are supposed to believe this.

everything we teach is a lie?

so Jesus didn't rise from the dead and is t the Son of God?

To be clear, Avatar, the persons who said, Everything Joseph Smith taught was a lie - were the people of Independence. That is the part of the record of documentation of what preceded the Mormons being driven out of Independence. They came into the town telling the towns people, This land is ours now. Soon God will smite you Gentiles and everything you have will be ours. This is what is on record as to the many reasons the people of Independence wanted the Mormons to leave.

So please examine who you are addressing. As you'll note the teachings of the Mormon church have changed - over 1300 times according to the information provided here - I have no idea what Smiths' belief was about the resurrection at that point and time but the record of that event - the people of Independence - non - Mormons - rising up against them - clearly said everything he teaches is a lie.

Now you can look up the history of the Mormons being driven out of Independence and what brought it on by looking up the history on it.

That is part of the problem with Mormonism according to the ex-Mormon who gave testimony about it - that their doctrines / beliefs keep changing - adapting - in order to slip out of the questions put to them. Please read the entire thread and the footnotes provided. There is not just one resource (Chick publications) there are numerous resources and I listed those for RW.

I must tell you that Saul was disqualified from being king for disobeying God by 2%. He obeyed God 98% in what he was commanded to do but directly disobeyed in the other 2%. Yet you want to make an exception for Joseph Smith Jr.? Why? He was proven to be a murderer, a liar, a thief, a con man, a womanizer, a seducer of other men's wives, a false prophet and your only concern is that he must have been right at least once because you're claiming he believed the resurrection to be true. Even if he did, it is not different than a broken clock being right twice a day - a moot issue. The bottom line, Avatar, is that according to the King James Bible if a prophet was wrong even once - he was called (and rightly so) a false prophet. You need to realize this isn't an indictment against you as a human being. Anyone could be deceived. Satan is a most subtle enemy. The answer is to seek the LORD and ask Him to please open up the Scriptures to you and let him know you are willing to do His will and that you are not willing to do the will of the Mormon Temple any longer. Jesus said, Come out from among them and be ye separated. You must come out of there. You cannot drink from the cup of the LORD and the cup of demons. You have to make a choice and the choice that leads to eternal life and heaven is Jesus Christ alone.

Jeri,

I've seen in several of your posts that you are claiming the witnesses of the Book of Mormon were forced by Joseph to lie and say they had seen the plates.

Yet many of these men had disagreements with Joseph throughout his life. Take Oliver Cowdery. Him and Joseph had such a disagreement that he left the church. And yet despite leaving Joseph and the church he continued to affirm his testimony that he had seen the plates. So much so that he lost an election for political office is Wisconsin.

And after Joseph was murdered,Oliver returned to the church in humility and was rebaptized knowing he would not be returning in a position of power. He affirmed his testimony at his death bed.

David whitmer likewise separated himself from the church. Yet he continued to maintain that he saw the plates even after Joseph's death. He never returned to the church but went out of his way to make sure the press knew he maintained his testimony late into His life.

These are just two of the witnesses. Some were martyred for their testimony. Hyrum was murdered by a mob along with his brother.

How exactly did Joseph coerce these men to continue to testify that they had seen the plates (some of them testified to handling the plates) beyond his death to the point of them giving up political power and affirming their testimony on their death beds if they had not seen it?

Testimony of Three Witnesses

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer
Martin Harris

Testimony of Eight Witnesses

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That Joseph Smith, Jun., the translator of this work, has shown unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated we did handle with our hands; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship. And this we bear record with words of soberness, that the said Smith has shown unto us, for we have seen and hefted, and know of a surety that the said Smith has got the plates of which we have spoken. And we give our names unto the world, to witness unto the world that which we have seen. And we lie not, God bearing witness of it.

These were not the only witnesses. Just the ones who had their names recorded in the Book of Mormon.

11 witnesses plus Joseph makes 12. Why 12?

Because the Book of Mormon is a type for Jesus Christ. He was buried in the earth and there were 12 that carried their.testimony of His resurrection to the world. There were 12 who.testified of the Book of Mormon which was buried in the earth and brought forth.

All things testify of Christ. All things happen for a reason. Do you think it's just a coincidence that Moroni gave Joseph the plates during the feast of trumpets? When the Lord prepares the people for the harvest and the day of the Lord?

Do you think it's a coincidence that Elijah returned during Passover when a majority of the Jewish world left a seat for him?

Joseph was either who he claimed to be or he is the luckiest man who ever walked the earth with as many things he got right. I could make an extremely long list of "coincidences."

They may have had disagreements with him in times past, Avatar but they were clearly intimidated by him in their fear of being seen as one who had not enough "faith" to "see the golden plates"! The bottom line was there were no golden plates. The box was empty. My heart truly is moved with compassion for you because I know that you are very sincere and you do believe that Joseph Smith Jr. was a true prophet. I want you to consider that men such as John C. Bennett who lived in 1842 wrote a book about the subject called History of the Saints and you will find on page 218 of that book that Joseph Smith Jr.s master and model was Muhammad. He even called himself the second Muhammad. Now he wanted to rule as Muhammad did. He made his own religion as Muhammad did. He claimed to have been given the message by an angel - just as Muhammad did. Satan can come to people as an angel of light, Avatar. The King James Bible warns us of this and tells us the identifying markers of a message from a fallen angel - a demon spirit and not from the Lord God Almighty. This is the Scriptures you should pray over - this message was given by Paul to the Corinthians:

Would be to God, ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by an means, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is found in Christ.

For if he that comes preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

Have I committed an offense in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached the gospel of God freely?

I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service. And when I was present with you, and wanted I was chargeable to no man: For that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.

As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.

Wherefore? Because I love you not? God knoweth.

But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion, that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
For such are false apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is of no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Corinthians 11: 1-15

And again it is written:

But though we, or an angle from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach another gospel unto you that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1: 8,9

and again

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet please men, I should not be a servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1: 10, 11, 12

This is the decision we must all make. Will we be pleasers of men? Or pleasers of God? Do we seek the praise of men? Or the praise of God? This will determine out eternal destiny. When you are rejected by family members, loved ones, friends, Christ will take you up. There is one that remains closer than a Brother. Jesus is His Name.

I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over the minds of those reading today and I bind Satan in the name of Jesus Christ. I command Satan to loose the minds of the people reading and command all lying spirits, witchcraft spirits, spirits of sorcery, spirits of unbelief, spirits of doubt, and the spirit of fear, spirit of heaviness to leave them now, in Jesus name. I call forth the angels of the LORD God Almighty to warfare on their behalf today and that as they learn the truth the truth will set them free. In Jesus Name.

Last edited:
This is a very important thread...thanks @Jerimiah. We cannot allow these false prophets to spread a tanted word. Mormonism has been a blight on American society for more than a century now...the truth needs to be told.

This is why they need to take a new look at Ms. Arias and her case...she was being manipulated and controlled by an evil cult. She has been railroaded by the Mormon community.

To God be the glory. Anytime the Word of God goes forth it won't return back to Him void without first performing the work it was sent to do and any time the truth is being brought forth about cults / false prophets / the occult / it is going to set people free. I'm believing Jesus Christ to set many free from this message, Nutz. The mercy and lovingkindness of Jesus Christ for the lost is very great! I do not know about the case of Ms. Arias because I didn't follow it. I'll have to read her story and see what you are talking about here concerning the Mormon community. I never heard this before. Thank you and thanks your comment!

Listen to this song and rejoice that we are saved by grace and not through works! We are saved through Christ alone - not a religion, not a Church, not an Organization, not by any man! We are redeemed by the Blood of Jesus Christ when we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and turn from our sins - having repented of them - believing on the cross that he died upon for our sins and shed his blood for - and that God raised him from the dead on the 3rd day ............ or we can choose to remain condemned in our sins! We have been given a free will by God - God has not appointed any dictators to rule over people! God does not need any Dictators, any Vicars, any Popes, any Judges! God is on the throne and He needs no man to sit in the seat of judgment. To God be the Glory! He alone is our Judge! We are saved by Grace and receive Christ as it is written in Romans 10:9,10.

Listen to this song and rejoice that we are saved by grace and not through works! We are saved through Christ alone - not a religion, not a Church, not an Organization, not by any man! We are redeemed by the Blood of Jesus Christ when we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and turn from our sins - having repented of them - believing on the cross that he died upon for our sins and shed his blood for - and that God raised him from the dead on the 3rd day ............ or we can choose to remain condemned in our sins! We have been given a free will by God - God has not appointed any dictators to rule over people! God does not need any Dictators, any Vicars, any Popes, any Judges! God is on the throne and He needs no man to sit in the seat of judgment. To God be the Glory! He alone is our Judge! We are saved by Grace and receive Christ as it is written in Romans 10:9,10.

Then why do you spend all your time judging others beliefs? It seems to me that you are trying to sit in God's place.

What religion do you follow, Jeri?

I already told you, Ravi. I follow Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible. I am a Born again believer in Jesus Christ. I am a member of the Body of Christ.

I worship the Lord Jesus Christ and fellowship with other believers who believe the Doctrine of Christ written in the Bible - not the Doctrines of devils which are the basis for all false cults / teachings.

The purpose of this thread is to lead people out of darkness and into the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man can come to the Father except through the Son. No man died on the cross for you. Only Jesus Christ. No man / false prophet can save you. Only Jesus Christ. Ye must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. Read John Chapter 3. Thank you for reading today, Ravi.

Right not meant to attack Mormons but it claims Smith was a practitioner of witch craft. LOL you people will grasp at any straw to attack a religion that has never done a thing to hurt ot harm you or anyone else. Remind us how great the Pope is again?
popes don't write bibles

That's because they lack the authority and don't receive revelation.

It's evidence of apostasy
While it is commendable that you recognize the Roman Vatican as Apostasy you must realize that Joseph Smith has provided more than enough evidence to expose himelf as a false prophet. Yes, the Pope is a false prophet. No question about it. He does not teach from Scripture but denies that Only through Jesus Christ can one find eternal salvation. But so does the Mormon teaching, Avatar. If you will look at the profile here of what the Mormons teach and what the Word of God teaches you will find they do not agree. If a teaching of man does not agree with the Word of God - we must throw it out as false and stay with the Word of God.

It is written:
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

And again it is written:

King James Bible
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

The bottom line here is that by preaching the word and being instant in season and out of season - consistent - The Word of God does reprove, rebuke........IT CORRECTS WRONG DOCTRINE ERROR, FALSE TEACHINGS, FALSE PROPHETS - it is the final authority.
Not a book written by a man named Joseph Smith whose own followers revealed him to be a murderer, a thief, a liar, a con man, a womanizer, a false prophet, and a criminal.

God's prophets are not right "once in awhile " and then wrong the rest of the time - living like criminals and misleading others... people are perishing because of lack of knowledge here. It must be the King James Bible that is our plumb line here people - not any new teaching coming down the line - there have been name false teachers - Joseph Smith isn't the first person to try to replace Jesus Christ! Even calling for a coronation crown and all demanding he be crowned King of the Kingdom of heaven!

This is blasphemy, folks! Clear and simple! The word of God is to reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering (that is patience) and DOCTRINE. Which once again - is the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. NOT The Doctrine of a false prophet named Joseph Smith. Amen? Amen.

Please study the scriptures put up here today and let the Word of God penetrate your hearts. Stop trying to make excuses for something you know to be wrong and line yourselves up with the Word of God. Not a man who was fallible and misled millions. Thank you for reading today.

Last edited:

I already told you, Ravi. I follow Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible. I am a Born again believer in Jesus Christ. I am a member of the Body of Christ.

I worship the Lord Jesus Christ and fellowship with other believers who believe the Doctrine of Christ written in the Bible - not the Doctrines of devils which are the basis for all false cults / teachings.

The purpose of this thread is to lead people out of darkness and into the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man can come to the Father except through the Son. No man died on the cross for you. Only Jesus Christ. No man / false prophet can save you. Only Jesus Christ. Ye must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. Read John Chapter 3. Thank you for reading today, Ravi.
You aren't following right then. There is nothing Christian in your judgmental bullshit.

Right not meant to attack Mormons but it claims Smith was a practitioner of witch craft. LOL you people will grasp at any straw to attack a religion that has never done a thing to hurt ot harm you or anyone else. Remind us how great the Pope is again?
popes don't write bibles

That's because they lack the authority and don't receive revelation.

It's evidence of apostasy
While it is commendable that you recognize the Roman Vatican as Apostasy you must realize that Joseph Smith has provided more than enough evidence to expose himelf as a false prophet. Yes, the Pope is a false prophet. No question about it. He does not teach from Scripture but denies that Only through Jesus Christ can one find eternal salvation. But so does the Mormon teaching, Avatar. If you will look at the profile here of what the Mormons teach and what the Word of God teaches you will find they do not agree. If a teaching of man does not agree with the Word of God - we must throw it out as false and stay with the Word of God.

It is written:
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Why don't you just admit you are not a Mormon and do not follow their beliefs

I'm sure they will say the same thing about your beliefs

You aren't following right then. There is nothing Christian in your judgmental bullshit.

I'm not judging people - I'm judging the doctrine of a false prophet and exposing it as evil and a work of darkness, Ravi. There is a difference. Now the Scriptures declare that is what a believer is to do. Defend the faith. Speak out against the works of darkness and expose them.

It is written:
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

What does reprove mean? Expose them. Openly. That is what I am doing here.

I am to obey the LORD. Not you. You are living in darkness according to John 1:5. Listening to you would be like the blind following the blind - both will be led into a ditch. Which is precisely what has happened to the followers of Joseph Smith. They have been led into a ditch. Which is what they are being pulled out of today - with the Truth.

Jesus said in John 7:17 that anyone that was willing to do the will of God would know it. So be willing to do the will of God and he shall reveal to you that the Doctrine of Jesus Christ is from God and not from any man made - cult!

Those who create false religions do so to seek the praise of men for themselves, they are thieves -stealing God's glory, they prophesy out of the imaginations of their own mind, to enrich themselves, to become a god to the people - to control the laity - just another branch of the Nicolaitans whose deeds Jesus despised - it's totally wicked.

Nico - controllers
laitans - laity - lay people

Nicolaitans - controllers of the people.

Control is a form of witchcraft.

Now note the difference in what these Mormon missionaries teach in this video tract:

Who are you going to believe? The Word of God? Or Joseph Smith?

That is bizarro weird stuff Jeri, very childish cartoons, do people think and talk like that in the jack chic world ? Do you expect people to take it seriously with out laughing? Kinda reminds me of the grade b monster movies with real low Production values we used to see as kids, real cheap Schlock

Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. Ephesians 5:11-12

Some folks do not like watching videos so I will post this tract in its entirety so that some further information can be learned. Such as the racist doctrines - directed against the African people - there are many people who are not aware that these teachings exist in the Mormon religion.

That is bizarro weird stuff Jeri very childish cartoons, do people think and talk like that in the jack chic world and you expect people to take it seriously with out laughing? Kinda reminds me of the gade b monster movies with real low Production values we used to see as kids, real cheap Schlock

When he is quoting from Mormon books - Journal of Discourses volumes, documents that are well known along with other valid sources? Yes, I do. Look at the footnotes. This is a well done study, Guno. Don't let the fact that it was done in cartoon tract form throw you. Much research was done to prove that people will read something in cartoon form because they are attracted to that type presentation. So this was the reason for using that forum to reach others.

I'll put the tract up frame by frame and quote all the footnotes under each frame so you can do an independent study. You do want to know the truth don't you?

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
That deserves its own thread.

In the badlands.

Racism is a serious sin in the eyes of God because the African people were created in the image of God just as a white Irish man was created in the image of God. There is no difference. NONE. Therein there is no sin against a white man marrying a black man. Or a black man marrying a white woman. Moses marryied Zipporah and she was a black woman.

When some people began murmuring and speaking against her - God was very displeased! Anyone who dislikes someone else because of the color of their sin is a racist. Anyone who uses a religion to perpetuate racism is not only a false teacher but a racist. With that said, let's have a look at these Mormon Missionaries and learn more about what the Mormons really believe! Shall we?

We begin here:
The Visitors
0061_02.gif

0061_03.gif

0061_04.gif

The Visitors
0061_05.gif

0061_06.gif

0061_07.gif

0061_08.gif

Now the footnotes are the sources of this information - first the Mormons are the Members of the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".

**The Journal of Discourse Volume II teaches that God was once a man.
*** Yet the Bible teaches that God is a Spirit. John 4:4 : God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:4

*** In the book, The Seer, By Orson Pratt on page 172 we see the teaching that God has many wives. You can look that book up and research that also.

Quoting a teaching from the Pearl of Great Price - Abraham 3:9, 16 it teaches that God is now on a planet near a star called Kolob with his "wives" having "spiritual children"...

But the Bible teaches - Our Father which Art in Heaven see King James Bible Matthew 6:9

Last edited:

Forum List

Back