Stop hating on these cops for being HUMAN BEINGS!!

I wouldn't expect you to understand, there is no bravery in the African community
Seriously? The bravest mf's I know are that of blacks......who else can survive 200 plus years of stupid ignorant pathetic violent white people and then end up fuckin their daughters....Brave black men do this shit every hour on the hour, Tank

I'm even questioning whether the SRO was told to keep an empty weapon and got caught outside without ammo.

I've never heard of an officer being told to be geared up without ammo ... but there are nearly 5,000 PDs in the US and they all have different procedures.

It comes down to liability. A department that sends it's cops out unarmed in situations where they need to be armed leaves itself open to a massive suit.

I'm even questioning whether the SRO was told to keep an empty weapon and got caught outside without ammo.

I've never heard of an officer being told to be geared up without ammo ... but there are nearly 5,000 PDs in the US and they all have different procedures.

It comes down to liability. A department that sends it's cops out unarmed in situations where they need to be armed leaves itself open to a massive suit.

He was on permanent SRO (school resource officer) duty.. They make these assignments semi-solid so the officer gets to KNOW the kids and the territory.

I'm supposing it might be a concession to a gun-phobic School District office or even a County Sheriff who is DEFINITELY not a fan of 2nd Amendment...

In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive.....this hero shit is for the movies and just a hand full of brave men, mainly our soldiers and firefighters. Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later. In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....fuck being a hero...unless its an unarmed black man with expired tags on his car, then you got a fuckin hero.

You got a deranged kid, shooting up everybody and you want cops, who haven't shot a gun since Tyrone the black guy was jay walking??????????? and you want him to go into a building and save lives? Had that been a predominate black school, they would have dropped bombs inside the school.

Bottom line, they know, white people are crazy
In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive....Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later....In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....
Yes, but the fact of the matter is that cops, somewhat like soldiers, are employed, trained and paid to subordinate those urges. When they don't do so, quite simply, they aren't adequately enough doing a part of the job they signed-up to do and that they are paid to perform.

Fear of perishing is a healthy emotion when its possessed and heeded in a perspicacious manner. When fear is given too great a role in governing one's thoughts and deeds, it catalyzes unsuitable, irrational and/or inapt outcomes. Such outcomes, among cops and soldiers, include not doing the very thing they are employed to do.

Does that mean that cops and actively serving soldiers are held to higher and/or more rigid behavioral standards than are the rest of us? Yes, it does. Considering them as mere men and women, I fully understand and adjudge as "normal" the FL cops choice(s) not to enter the Parkland school. Considering them as cops, I see men and women who agreed to take a job whereof they, in fact, were unwilling to fulfill all the obligations that job carries.
Dude, its just a job, its just a uniform.....all this attached banter about their tax payer obligations don't mean crap. In the real world, fear takes priority. Everybody wants to jump down these men throats for wanting to stay alive and yet you give a pass to another tax paid servant that acts like a fuckin moron 24/7, ie Trump. 2 examples of people showing thier true character in light of what is expected.

In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive.....this hero shit is for the movies and just a hand full of brave men, mainly our soldiers and firefighters. Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later. In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....fuck being a hero...unless its an unarmed black man with expired tags on his car, then you got a fuckin hero.

You got a deranged kid, shooting up everybody and you want cops, who haven't shot a gun since Tyrone the black guy was jay walking??????????? and you want him to go into a building and save lives? Had that been a predominate black school, they would have dropped bombs inside the school.

In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive....Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later....In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....
Yes, but the fact of the matter is that cops, somewhat like soldiers, are employed, trained and paid to subordinate those urges. When they don't do so, quite simply, they aren't adequately enough doing a part of the job they signed-up to do and that they are paid to perform.

Fear of perishing is a healthy emotion when its possessed and heeded in a perspicacious manner. When fear is given too great a role in governing one's thoughts and deeds, it catalyzes unsuitable, irrational and/or inapt outcomes. Such outcomes, among cops and soldiers, include not doing the very thing they are employed to do.

Does that mean that cops and actively serving soldiers are held to higher and/or more rigid behavioral standards than are the rest of us? Yes, it does. Considering them as mere men and women, I fully understand and adjudge as "normal" the FL cops choice(s) not to enter the Parkland school. Considering them as cops, I see men and women who agreed to take a job whereof they, in fact, were unwilling to fulfill all the obligations that job carries.
Dude, its just a job, its just a uniform.....all this attached banter about their tax payer obligations don't mean crap. In the real world, fear takes priority. Everybody wants to jump down these men throats for wanting to stay alive and yet you give a pass to another tax paid servant that acts like a fuckin moron 24/7, ie Trump. 2 examples of people showing thier true character in light of what is expected.
Dude, its just a job, its just a uniform.....
Well, if that's how you feel about it, and I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to feel that way with regard to your own evaluation of a career you might pursue as a cop or soldier, I'm glad you aren't one of the cops patrolling my streets.

Last edited:
What it points out in glaring unflinching reality is putting a gun in someone's hand, a teacher or janitor or someone else at the school, in no way prepares a human being for the moment they have to walk into assault rifle gunfire 'to do a job'. Even the police that are much more highly trained than any teacher at a school hesitate and have trouble functioning in the moment of reality.

And how can you a) blame people for a reaction that NOBODY can know of before actually being in a life and death situation, and b) expect people that aren't trained nearly as much as the police to react like rambo in that situation. Police are human beings, you can bet many of them are either terrified when out in the field and are involved in a gunfight, or they're traumatized to the point of great anxiety in every encounter they have with the public. The nonstop shootings of unarmed civilians we've seen illustrates with great clarity that a number of police officers are in fact terrified. Some of the police are as scared to death while doing their job as anyone that isn't a cop would be.

And even when the military goes into battle there are people that freeze up and can't function. A mortal threat to anyone throws the book out the window, extensive training and repetition is the best method for lowering the instances of freezing and inability to function but it is no guarantee. All human beings react differently when faced with their death. And anyone that would say THEY know what they would do are lying and fronting. Some people actually RUN into bullets wizzing past, some freeze, some run. To expect people like teachers, administrators, and janitors to become super-heroes a moment after going over what the Pythagorean Theorem is is ludicrous.

I expect nothing from them other than to give them the opportunity to stay alive and keep others alive as well. If a dozen teachers have guns and they either all freeze or run, what changes? Nothing. But if even one confronts a shooter, it could have a profound impact on the carnage.

Mark

Dude, its just a job, its just a uniform.....
Well, if that's how you feel about it, and I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to feel that way with regard to your own evaluation of a career you might pursue as a cop or soldier, I'm glad you aren't one of the cops patrolling my streets.
No disrespect, but I served 10 years in Navy and I have been privy many many times locally to see our cops in action....and I'm never impressed. They're never around when the real danger is posed. They come after the fact. I've never seen in my neck of the woods a hero story about cops, never. Now I've seen them bravely give tickets out for seat belts not being warn, I've seen many times them shoot unarmed blacks, but hero's.....I'm still waiting. My reality and I'm sticking to it!!

I must admit that I haven’t been keeping up on this issue. It’s all just noise at this point.

But, based on what I know, I believe that the cops didn’t go in because of training and police procedures rather than out of cowardice.

For decades the accepted procedure in these cases is to cordon the offender and his hostages and wait did SWAT or HRT before breach.

My own department changed to the current AAO process to allow front line cops to breach in a very specific set of circumstances only three years ago. It took nearly two years to get all the cops through the five day training to do that.

I would not be surprised to hear, when all the facts come out, that the cops had been ordered to stay outside the hot cordon until SWAT arrived.

According to Scot Israel, the sheriff, they should have gone in, found the suspect, killed the suspect.

What it points out in glaring unflinching reality is putting a gun in someone's hand, a teacher or janitor or someone else at the school, in no way prepares a human being for the moment they have to walk into assault rifle gunfire 'to do a job'. Even the police that are much more highly trained than any teacher at a school hesitate and have trouble functioning in the moment of reality.

And how can you a) blame people for a reaction that NOBODY can know of before actually being in a life and death situation, and b) expect people that aren't trained nearly as much as the police to react like rambo in that situation. Police are human beings, you can bet many of them are either terrified when out in the field and are involved in a gunfight, or they're traumatized to the point of great anxiety in every encounter they have with the public. The nonstop shootings of unarmed civilians we've seen illustrates with great clarity that a number of police officers are in fact terrified. Some of the police are as scared to death while doing their job as anyone that isn't a cop would be.

And even when the military goes into battle there are people that freeze up and can't function. A mortal threat to anyone throws the book out the window, extensive training and repetition is the best method for lowering the instances of freezing and inability to function but it is no guarantee. All human beings react differently when faced with their death. And anyone that would say THEY know what they would do are lying and fronting. Some people actually RUN into bullets wizzing past, some freeze, some run. To expect people like teachers, administrators, and janitors to become super-heroes a moment after going over what the Pythagorean Theorem is is ludicrous.

I expect nothing from them other than to give them the opportunity to stay alive and keep others alive as well. If a dozen teachers have guns and they either all freeze or run, what changes? Nothing. But if even one confronts a shooter, it could have a profound impact on the carnage.

Mark
Dude, unless one is willing to take on this responsibility, and the system is prepared to provide AR-15's and body armor, we're talking a hollywood movie script. You people don't live in reality...you just don't. Youtube any shoot out.....first things you notice are those with guns running for cover, which is okay, but rarely do you see someone bravely stand down someone with a gun, unshielded. Imagine a teacher taking on this shit.....in the real world, shit like what you imagine just doesn't happen.....now what all schools in this country should do....starting on day one...is teach kids how to resolve anger, teach kids how to resolve conflicts...get into the minds of these kids and let them know, one bad day, does not constitute the end. Managing anger should be the number one lesson taught in our schools.

starting on day one...is teach kids how to resolve anger, teach kids how to resolve conflicts...get into the minds of these kids and let them know, one bad day, does not constitute the end. Managing anger should be the number one lesson taught in our schools.

Great idea & I don't disagree, but would include this being taught at home as well.

I must admit that I haven’t been keeping up on this issue. It’s all just noise at this point.

But, based on what I know, I believe that the cops didn’t go in because of training and police procedures rather than out of cowardice.

For decades the accepted procedure in these cases is to cordon the offender and his hostages and wait did SWAT or HRT before breach.

My own department changed to the current AAO process to allow front line cops to breach in a very specific set of circumstances only three years ago. It took nearly two years to get all the cops through the five day training to do that.

I would not be surprised to hear, when all the facts come out, that the cops had been ordered to stay outside the hot cordon until SWAT arrived.

According to Scot Israel, the sheriff, they should have gone in, found the suspect, killed the suspect.

Beware of jury by sound bite. If the sheriff directly or procedurally kept them from going in or, which has been suggested, kept them unarmed, he may be throwing them under the proverbial bus.

Wait for the entire post mortem to come out, of it ever does.

[

Dude, unless one is willing to take on this responsibility, and the system is prepared to provide AR-15's and body armor, we're talking a hollywood movie script. You people don't live in reality...you just don't. Youtube any shoot out.....first things you notice are those with guns running for cover, which is okay, but rarely do you see someone bravely stand down someone with a gun, unshielded. Imagine a teacher taking on this shit.....in the real world, shit like what you imagine just doesn't happen.....now what all schools in this country should do....starting on day one...is teach kids how to resolve anger, teach kids how to resolve conflicts...get into the minds of these kids and let them know, one bad day, does not constitute the end. Managing anger should be the number one lesson taught in our schools.

You're wrong about the first part.

"Without warning, a Garland, Texas, police officer found himself taking heavy fire from two suspected terrorists with semi-automatic rifles and “protective gear” outside a free speech event on Sunday. The brave cop is being hailed a hero after he neutralized both suspects using only his .45-caliber duty pistol, undoubtedly saving lives."

How One Hero Texas Cop With a .45-cal Glock Took Out Two Suspected Terrorists With Rifles, Body Armor

The second part I agree with but it is just the tip of the iceberg of teaching that needs to be done. Schools should not be the primary teacher of this though, that's the parents job. Schools need to reenforce what kids are learning at home, just as parents reenforce what they learn in school (school work).

You are dead wrong on this. When you hire on as a policeman, you understand that your duty is to serve and protect. And if that means putting your life on the line, so be it. In the military what those men did would have been dereliction of duty, and would have been a stain on them for the rest of their lives. That is as it should be for those four men.

You're a pain in the ass most of the time, but I'll have to agree with you on some points. People are pissed off right now and they're attacking anyone and anything because of the Florida school shooting. It's not the time to be bringing down our law-enforcement officers.
And you continue to be right on nothing. When they signed on as law officers, they knew what their duties included. They failed those duties, and have to live with the stain of cowardice for the rest of their lives.

You are dead wrong on this. When you hire on as a policeman, you understand that your duty is to serve and protect. And if that means putting your life on the line, so be it. In the military what those men did would have been dereliction of duty, and would have been a stain on them for the rest of their lives. That is as it should be for those four men.

That goes completely against how police are trained. We are trained not to take life-threatening risk but to follow safety procedure in all situations. If we risk our lives and things go well ... medals and citations all around.

If we risk our lives and things go bad, for us or for innocents, then accusations and condemnations are the order of the day.

As I've said before, it's all about departmental liability. Protect and serve, but within accepted policy guidelines.

Once again, the Supreme Court has ruled that law-enforcement has no constitutional duty to protect. You're on your own, Bubba.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

How could it have gone any worse for the students if the guard and officers had gone straight in? They failed, and they will wear the cowards brand for the rest of their lives.

Once again, the Supreme Court has ruled that law-enforcement has no constitutional duty to protect. You're on your own, Bubba.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
Well now, a coward protecting cowards. Who the hell did they think was being murdered inside that school? If you cannot take a risk to save the lives of children, you are truly a fucking coward. Coward defending cowards.

Forum List

Back