Stop hating on these cops for being HUMAN BEINGS!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive.....this hero shit is for the movies and just a hand full of brave men, mainly our soldiers and firefighters. Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later. In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....fuck being a hero...unless its an unarmed black man with expired tags on his car, then you got a fuckin hero.

You got a deranged kid, shooting up everybody and you want cops, who haven't shot a gun since Tyrone the black guy was jay walking??????????? and you want him to go into a building and save lives? Had that been a predominate black school, they would have dropped bombs inside the school.

Bottom line, they know, white people are crazy

I wouldn't expect you to understand, there is no bravery in the African community

I've come to the rescue of others I did not know. Wasn't asked, wasn't paid. If I was walking down the street and heard gunfire in a school and I was carrying (maybe even without) I could not stand myself not going in to see what I could do to stop it. How else could a person live with themselves? I mean, these are lone shooters and they are engaged in one thing: a bunch of screaming children running around in front of them. They are preoccupied and think everyone will run and hide. Chances are good that if you wait for your opportunity, they won't see you coming, and what could feel better than to hit that little 17 year old asshole in the back, take his rifle and beat his head in with the butt of his own gun.

I must admit that I haven’t been keeping up on this issue. It’s all just noise at this point.

But, based on what I know, I believe that the cops didn’t go in because of training and police procedures rather than out of cowardice.

For decades the accepted procedure in these cases is to cordon the offender and his hostages and wait did SWAT or HRT before breach.

My own department changed to the current AAO process to allow front line cops to breach in a very specific set of circumstances only three years ago. It took nearly two years to get all the cops through the five day training to do that.

I would not be surprised to hear, when all the facts come out, that the cops had been ordered to stay outside the hot cordon until SWAT arrived.

What it points out in glaring unflinching reality is putting a gun in someone's hand, a teacher or janitor or someone else at the school, in no way prepares a human being for the moment they have to walk into assault rifle gunfire 'to do a job'. Even the police that are much more highly trained than any teacher at a school hesitate and have trouble functioning in the moment of reality.

And how can you a) blame people for a reaction that NOBODY can know of before actually being in a life and death situation, and b) expect people that aren't trained nearly as much as the police to react like rambo in that situation. Police are human beings, you can bet many of them are either terrified when out in the field and are involved in a gunfight, or they're traumatized to the point of great anxiety in every encounter they have with the public. The nonstop shootings of unarmed civilians we've seen illustrates with great clarity that a number of police officers are in fact terrified. Some of the police are as scared to death while doing their job as anyone that isn't a cop would be.

And even when the military goes into battle there are people that freeze up and can't function. A mortal threat to anyone throws the book out the window, extensive training and repetition is the best method for lowering the instances of freezing and inability to function but it is no guarantee. All human beings react differently when faced with their death. And anyone that would say THEY know what they would do are lying and fronting. Some people actually RUN into bullets wizzing past, some freeze, some run. To expect people like teachers, administrators, and janitors to become super-heroes a moment after going over what the Pythagorean Theorem is is ludicrous.

In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive.....this hero shit is for the movies and just a hand full of brave men, mainly our soldiers and firefighters. Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later. In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....fuck being a hero...unless its an unarmed black man with expired tags on his car, then you got a fuckin hero.

You got a deranged kid, shooting up everybody and you want cops, who haven't shot a gun since Tyrone the black guy was jay walking??????????? and you want him to go into a building and save lives? Had that been a predominate black school, they would have dropped bombs inside the school.

You're a pain in the ass most of the time, but I'll have to agree with you on some points. People are pissed off right now and they're attacking anyone and anything because of the Florida school shooting. It's not the time to be bringing down our law-enforcement officers.

I find it funny that Republicans are now throwing an officer under the bus because they want to defend their precious guns and want teachers to become gun slinging cowboys and cowgirls.

But they have no problem defending a cop when they shoot unarmed minorities.

Funny, weren't you just dehumanizing them a few years ago in Ferguson? What a crock this thread is.

I find it funny that Republicans are now throwing an officer under the bus because they want to defend their precious guns and want teachers to become gun slinging cowboys and cowgirls.

I'm a Republican.

Most "minorities" are armed

Really? I am a minority(black) . And the only people in my family who have guns, are the ones who were in the military or who are cops.
Everyone else is gun free.
I said most, not all

You cannot even say most. And even if it's most, the minorities cops are killing are unarmed.

In the real fuckin world, the first instinct of humans is to survive....Most people just want to live...and this is apparent when you see time after time after time over the last few years, cops shooting black men first out of sheer fear, and then asking questions later....In the real world, cops are just human beings like the rest of us and their first instincts is to survive....
Yes, but the fact of the matter is that cops, somewhat like soldiers, are employed, trained and paid to subordinate those urges. When they don't do so, quite simply, they aren't adequately enough doing a part of the job they signed-up to do and that they are paid to perform.

Fear of perishing is a healthy emotion when its possessed and heeded in a perspicacious manner. When fear is given too great a role in governing one's thoughts and deeds, it catalyzes unsuitable, irrational and/or inapt outcomes. Such outcomes, among cops and soldiers, include not doing the very thing they are employed to do.

Does that mean that cops and actively serving soldiers are held to higher and/or more rigid behavioral standards than are the rest of us? Yes, it does. Considering them as mere men and women, I fully understand and adjudge as "normal" the FL cops choice(s) not to enter the Parkland school. Considering them as cops, I see men and women who agreed to take a job whereof they, in fact, were unwilling to fulfill all the obligations that job carries.

But, based on what I know, I believe that the cops didn’t go in because of training and police procedures rather than out of cowardice.

Same exact conclusion here. Are we related or something? :ack-1:

I'm even questioning whether the SRO was told to keep an empty weapon and got caught outside without ammo.

Forum List

Back