Stock markets up, unemployment is down, ya gotta admit it's gettin' better...

If the world isn't perfect, Obama doesn't get credit

He doesn't get undeserved credit either.

Who's the arbiter?

Things are getting better but things arent where they need to be, republicans cant even admit that. Every piece of good news is met with responses of "yeah but.."

You guys expect waaay more outta this guy than any other president. He should end the decades long conflict in the Middle East or things are going to hell in a hand basket..? But they werent before Obama? Gas prices are high so the sky if falling..? But when gas was higher the sky wasnt falling then...?

The reason republicans are constantly disappointed is because they take posistions that are impossible to reach. Palin for President, cut spending to levels that Govt spend, Middle East peace, Oil Independence, etc. So you'll always find something to bitch about even if all is grand because a Dem is in the White House.

I would hardly call 9% unemploment,skyrockting gas prices and food prices going through the roof an improvement.
Oh and inflation is coming next. In fact it's already started.
And as long as gov spending continues I dont see any real changes coming.
Public confidence is way down.

Never in our history have we had so many people trying to lower public confidence... at least not inside our own borders.

Yeah your right......Obama and company are doing a fine job of that.

I only know what I see at the gas pump, grocery store and housing market and none of it is good and it started shortly after our president took office and started spending. I want an American to be president. I am not disputing his birth place just his attitude toward what made our country great.

Too much of his life has involved hating America, not loving it. Check out the people he hung with in his early years. Thanks a lot to all of you who voted for him.

Gas is down from the 2008 highs and if you want to be honest, we all know that the turmoil in the middle east is having a effect.

Housing is down because the bubble burst... that had to happen.

Maybe if food prices continue to rise then Americans might not be so damn fat? That would probable help on the health care costs too. (silver lining)

Gas is down from 2008 highs......and thats supposed to make me feel better about todays prices?

And you think it's a good thing that the poor can not afford food? The price of food wont change my eating habits.....only poor peoples.

Gas is going up which causes the price of everything to go up. If 9% employment isn't bad enough the Country is facing inflation and the loss of the Japanese market. What are we hearing from the president? It's simple...use less gas while he and his elitist comrades jet all over the world. It's incredible that there is no outrage about Obama lending Brazil money to improve their (Soros affiliated) oil industry and telling them that the US will be their best customer while preventing US companies from drilling for oil.

The reason the is no outrage about Obama lending Brazil money is because Obama didn't lend Brazil money. The Import/Export Bank guaranteed 2 billion dollars worth of loans to Petrobras. This mean that a US bank can loan Petrobras up to 2 billion dollars of federally insured funds. I think Chase bank already has a deal on the table for them. They have not taken the money either. We hope they take us up on the money too, here's why. That money must be sent on American products and services. That means more jobs for Americans. Why would anyone be against that? Well, other than Republicans who are hoping that the President will fail.

The US has increase crude oil production over the last year too. Of the 33 deep water wells being drilled that were shut down after the BP Blowout killed 11 worker, 6 (at last count, it may be more by now) new permits have now been issued.

So basically you don't like Obama. Everything he does is baaaaddd.

Waaaaahhhh.

Sheeple.

I only know what I see at the gas pump, grocery store and housing market and none of it is good and it started shortly after our president took office and started spending. I want an American to be president. I am not disputing his birth place just his attitude toward what made our country great.

Too much of his life has involved hating America, not loving it. Check out the people he hung with in his early years. Thanks a lot to all of you who voted for him.

Gas is down from the 2008 highs and if you want to be honest, we all know that the turmoil in the middle east is having a effect.

Maybe if food prices continue to rise then Americans might not be so damn fat? That would probable help on the health care costs too. (silver lining)

Gas is down from 2008 highs......and thats supposed to make me feel better about todays prices?

And you think it's a good thing that the poor can not afford food? The price of food wont change my eating habits.....only poor peoples.

Show me one other post where you were concerned about the needs of the poor.

This thread is a prelude to what the 2012 campaign will look like. The right side attempting to minimize positive economic stats while the left side attempts to over-state the positivity of some economic stats. What ever numbers are used, misused, or ignored, the most important one will the unemployment. I think it's at three straight months of 200K growth now, so the more this trend continues the less-threatened Obama's seat in the oval office. But food and gas prices are a legit concern, and the GOP would be smart to relentlessly hammer on that.

[youtube]gP4apO4dbhw[/youtube]

After listening to Beck for the last couple of years I was scared to peak my head out of the shelter... but when I finally did, things are looking up.:razz:

I promise you next weeks headlines will tell us the opposite. That's how the story always goes.

I thought I saw a food stamp thread the other day that showed that the poor get free (for them) food.

This thread is a prelude to what the 2012 campaign will look like. The right side attempting to minimize positive economic stats while the left side attempts to over-state the positivity of some economic stats. What ever numbers are used, misused, or ignored, the most important one will the unemployment. I think it's at three straight months of 200K growth now, so the more this trend continues the less-threatened Obama's seat in the oval office. But food and gas prices are a legit concern, and the GOP would be smart to relentlessly hammer on that.

I did a search on Google news back to 2004 and there were multiple stories every year about energy and food inflation.

I just wish our 'leaders' could work on these problems.

Last edited:
Shhhhhhh....

Don't tell the rightwingers

I am just sure it was those guys that were saying that Obama's policies would put us in another 'great' depression.

Thank God I have a bucket full of old gold coins and food insurance... just in case.

I wonder if Beck still has his Y2K provisions buried in the back yard.

He doesn't get undeserved credit either.

Who's the arbiter?

Things are getting better but things arent where they need to be, republicans cant even admit that. Every piece of good news is met with responses of "yeah but.."

You guys expect waaay more outta this guy than any other president. He should end the decades long conflict in the Middle East or things are going to hell in a hand basket..? But they werent before Obama? Gas prices are high so the sky if falling..? But when gas was higher the sky wasnt falling then...?

The reason republicans are constantly disappointed is because they take posistions that are impossible to reach. Palin for President, cut spending to levels that Govt spend, Middle East peace, Oil Independence, etc. So you'll always find something to bitch about even if all is grand because a Dem is in the White House.
Yes, things are getting better and most economist predict it will continue to improve. I believe we will see a change in GOP tactics very soon. For the last two years it's been all about wasteful government spending with no job growth. As we pull out of the recession we will start having some inflation as we always do, coupled with higher gas prices, and worldwide food shortages, inflation will become an issue. Since job growth will no longer be an issue, I think the GOP will start hitting the inflation issue and all the horrors of hyperinflation.

After listening to Beck for the last couple of years I was scared to peak my head out of the shelter... but when I finally did, things are looking up.:razz:

I will freely admit it is getting better. However I bet not one of you obama loving lefties will admit that the Mere Fact that Republicans took over the house and seem poised to regain the Senate has put Business and wall street at ease, and is at least in part, responsible for the Recent upturn.

Go ahead tell me how stupid and wrong I am so I can go to bed knowing just how blatantly dishonest you people really are.

It didn't matter that I went into the hospital for surgery, or that my husband has Parkinson's and everyday my autistic son puts more stress on our lives and makes them shorter, out state has no money for emergency care and refuses to provide a place for my son. They say they have no "funds". How is that "better?"

What happens when my husband and I are gone...and that day is coming sooner that you think with all the stress and medical problems we are having and no help and no respite care from our state?

I haven't seen a let up on homeless picking up lunches, our food bank is serving more people than ever before. Most of the people I know looking for work have been looking for a long time. How is that "better"? Define "better?" Oh yeah, the rich are richer, I sit corrected once again.

The simple fact is that a lot of the opposition just can't stand having a young intelligent black man in the Whitehouse brimming over with confidence and enthusiasm. It's certainly not all about race, but it's there.

The simple fact is that a lot of the opposition just can't stand having a young intelligent black man in the Whitehouse brimming over with confidence and enthusiasm. It's certainly not all about race, but it's there.

You should be telling that to the rest of the world....they don't see him the same way you do. :eusa_whistle:

I think I will pass on the celebration for now thank You very much....I don't see it getting better,not yet anyway.

Just waiting for the Summer of recovery 2010 to kick in.

You should be telling that to the rest of the world....they don't see him the same way you do. :eusa_whistle:
Might may an interesting thread. Is the US more racist than other countries?

Might may an interesting thread. Is the US more racist than other countries?

Who's talking about racism but you, Flopper? Obama could be green and gray....the world would think the same about him. Not a very good try on your part to bring the racism in the conversation...you need to work on that...it was just too obvious. :razz:

I will freely admit it is getting better. However I bet not one of you obama loving lefties will admit that the Mere Fact that Republicans took over the house and seem poised to regain the Senate has put Business and wall street at ease, and is at least in part, responsible for the Recent upturn.

Go ahead tell me how stupid and wrong I am so I can go to bed knowing just how blatantly dishonest you people really are.

:lol::lol::lol:

man, it never gets old...How are Republicans responsible for all the good and none of the bad? They've been in office for what 3 months and you're saying the economy is turning around because of what happened 3 months ago?

I'm no economist but I can bet it takes longer than that to change an economy around. Plus, what happened to the second recession from Obama's policies? Youre not using that anymore?

Show me one other post where you were concerned about the needs of the poor.

Thats easy....you wont find one. And the only hungry americans I give two shits about are kids,the rest of the lazy fucks can starve as far as i'm concerned. But that doesnt change the fact that the poor will suffer more then the wealthy when it comes to higher food prices. As a lib I thought you where supposed to care?
You should be pissed that Obamy is making the poor suffer..

Forum List

Back