Stock markets up, unemployment is down, ya gotta admit it's gettin' better...

Please tell me what Obama did to actually facilitate any economic improvement... and show your work

I was really hoping you could explain why his policies didn't send us over the brink as was widely predicted... by right wing pundits and economists.

His policies did... Are you fucking new here?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ge=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0&tx=133&ty=39

I guess "brink" is a goal post moved as well...

Last edited:
I only know what I see at the gas pump, grocery store and housing market and none of it is good and it started shortly after our president took office and started spending. I want an American to be president. I am not disputing his birth place just his attitude toward what made our country great.

Too much of his life has involved hating America, not loving it. Check out the people he hung with in his early years. Thanks a lot to all of you who voted for him.

Gas is down from the 2008 highs and if you want to be honest, we all know that the turmoil in the middle east is having a effect.

Housing is down because the bubble burst... that had to happen.

Maybe if food prices continue to rise then Americans might not be so damn fat? That would probable help on the health care costs too. (silver lining)

Gas is going up, well over 4$ at many places so it's getting close to that 2008.

Housing is going down and with that you see people are spending more on little toys, something liberals that wana make "more spending" out to be a good thing seem to never add into the mix. More or less Americans buy a 800$ TV but don't buy that 40,000$ car... American's buy a 600$ couch but not that 300,000$ house.

I agree to many people are fat, then they want free health care lolz... But not many liberal minded people would have even joked about it that way when Bush was "in power." Now that a D holds office starving might be a good thing =D!.

The republiCans make claims without proof then beg for proof that the made up thing they just mentioning is NOT happening...?

Shhhhhhh....

Don't tell the rightwingers
It's gettin'-to-be where.....ya' can't tell WHO'S more-crazy......the White Wingers.....or, their ROOKIE-REPS!!!!

"Really?" said Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spokesman Jesse Ferguson.

"Of all the people for House Republican freshmen to pick as their front man for a stunt about fi$cal re$pon$ibility, they picked Representative Rick Crawford who couldn't even pay his own credit card bills and went bankrupt because of it," Ferguson said in a statement.

According to press accounts during Crawford's campaign, he declared bankruptcy in 1994 over $12,611.67 in debt - mostly for credit cards."

520.gif

490.gif
532.gif
490.gif

Well with the economy and jobs roaring along I'm sure OL'BO is well on his way to re-election. The Good Times will be rolling I'm sure.

Me?? I will keep trying to win the Powerball and the Lotto.

Last edited:
I only know what I see at the gas pump, grocery store and housing market and none of it is good and it started shortly after our president took office and started spending.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

825.gif

Please tell me what Obama did to actually facilitate any economic improvement... and show your work

I was really hoping you could explain why his policies didn't send us over the brink as was widely predicted... by right wing pundits and economists.

Ehhhh... wrong answer... you made a specific claim... and try and back it off by trying to make others prove hearsay...

Put up or shut up, winger

I did make a specific claim... that things are getting better.

You can be dishonest and say I claimed something else and then argue that... I am sure there is a name for the type of intellectual dishonesty (cough*straw man)

... and then you went and gave me negative reputation (not real sure why that matters)... the nerve.

Ehhhh... wrong answer... you made a specific claim... and try and back it off by trying to make others prove hearsay...

You can be dishonest and say I claimed something else and then argue that... I am sure there is a name for the type of intellectual dishonesty (cough*straw man)

... and then you went and gave me negative reputation (not real sure why that matters)... the nerve.

Back up your claim with more than just winger rhetoric.... I asked you to site specifically the things that were done to bring about this alleged turnaround, and show your work as to why it was brought about

Faced with the Global Recession--worsening--every other advanced civilization on earth comenced major public works spending projects. China, Australia, and Canada were doing it best. Japan was in on it. Europe was in on it.

The Ivy League Leadership, in the Democratic Administration: Actually sent a lot of money to the SOB's who had actually caused it in the first place. Education got a lot of funding. State and Local Payrolls were saved(?)! These were the more deserving, "merit" employees.

Another third of of the Obama-Biden Stimulus went into screwball little projects that were advertized on FedBizOpps. Nowhere famously, for example, an Oregon Company, or in Idaho, got a grant to put roofs on some crappers in a park near the snow resort at Mammoth Lakes, in California. The carfare alone: Was considered a dynamic, stimulus initiative: No doubt. BP would eventually sign on to the plans.

Then a third of the Obama-Biden Stimulus went to Schedule M Tax relief for the working poor, in a bold new step in history: Including money sent to households with no federal income tax liability at all. It was in equal amounts. Cash For Clunkers sent stimulus funding for auto-makers, and car dealers.

Schedule M was modeled after the equal amount program first noted in Matt. 20::1-16, in the KJV and Catholic editions of the pithy sayings of the Jews and of some Post-Jewish followers of Rabbi, Jesus Christ. In the context of Matt. 25::14-30, then the Euclidean/Pythagorean influence of the Greater gods and goddesses of Greece and Rome are evident. Those were the dominant religions of the time.

Obama had made the Schedule M plan a part of his primary, and presidential campaign.

Then he followed through.

Then the Republicans even took that away, as soon as they had the Chance. It is nowhere noted that anyone GOP wants to have nothing to do at all with the pithy sayings of the Jews, or the subsquent followers of the rabbi, Jesus Christ!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(What in fact can anyone say about about religion: After tablets were found on Manhattan Island--maybe near a packing crate, or something! Pithy Jewish sayings they were not, apparently!)

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much credit Obama deserves. They've done some good things but they've also created a lot of uncertainty that has sapped business confidence hurting the recovery.

Back up your claim with more than just winger rhetoric.... I asked you to site specifically the things that were done to bring about this alleged turnaround, and show your work as to why it was brought about

I really think you are slow. My claim was that Obama's policies didn't send us over the edge like many predicted. That is clearly true. We are out of the recession and unemployment is down.

There is no doubt that Bush's TARP saved many banks but it was poorly implemented and gave all the benefits to the people that got us in this mess and little to no help for the homeowners.

Even right wing economists (if pressed) will admit that the stimulus stimulated the economy, they just complain that it wasn't worth it or that it was poorly implemented.

As to your "show your work" comment... who the f*ck do you think you are?

You made a specific claim citing a few cherry-picked statistics of a quite dubious nature.

If anyone is building strawmen here, it's you.

I'm not sure how much credit Obama deserves. They've done some good things but they've also created a lot of uncertainty that has sapped business confidence hurting the recovery.

You are right. Obama was an unknown quantity (a.k.a. they weren't sure they could buy him) and they were afraid he might regulate their asses (you know... spank them for being bad). As it turns out he isn't a lot different from the rest of our fearless leaders.

The U.S. economy created 216,000 jobs in March, the government reported Friday, continuing the recent rebound in hiring that has helped strengthen the recovery.

The unemployment rate dropped a tenth of a point to 8.8%, the lowest since March 2009. The unemployment rate has now dropped a full percentage point since November.

March unemployment rate dips to 8.8% as the economy added 216,000 jobs | Money & Company | Los Angeles Times

It must be tough for the Right, having to hope and pray for more unemployment, and a double dip, just to get control the Whitehouse.

Forum List

Back