Stock Market Fluctuations

Has trump commented on todays massive downturn ?
Is it the fault of Trump or maybe Obama ?
Dow now down 8.7% last week and today. Almost 2300 points

Trump Considering Firing Dow Jones Industrial Average
By Andy Borowitz 3:00 P.M.
Trump Considering Firing Dow Jones Industrial Average

WASHINGTON After watching it suffer its worst losses since he became President, Donald Trump is “seriously considering” firing the Dow Jones industrial Average, aides have confirmed.

According to the aides, Trump is “furious” at the D.J.I.A. for going down so precipitously and believes that it has treated him “very unfairly.”

“Increasingly, the President has become convinced that the Dow Jones Industrial Average is not on his team,” one aide said. “Seeing the negative Dow numbers in the corner of the TV screen has been wrecking eleven hours of every day for him.”

Reportedly, Trump is mulling replacing the Dow with a New System, in which Sarah Huckabee Sanders would appear every day at 4 p.m. to announce how high stocks had Skyrocketed.

En route to an appearance in Ohio, Trump stopped short of saying that he would ask for the stock market index’s resignation, but his contempt for the Dow was palpable.

“The Dow Jones Industrial Average is a disgrace, and it should be very, very ashamed of itself,” he said.
`

Last edited:

You tell me. How many times have I heard on here that President Trump's economy, job creation, stock market rise, economic growth and housing starts were "all because of Obama's policies"?

If that's true what the leftists have repeatedly said, then anything that happens to the economy is still in Obama's lap.

You can't have it both ways.

You tell me. How many times have I heard on here that President Trump's economy, job creation, stock market rise, economic growth and housing starts were "all because of Obama's policies"?

If that's true what the leftists have repeatedly said, then anything that happens to the economy is still in Obama's lap.

You can't have it both ways.

Oops...LOL

2 hours ago apparently:
tweat.png

Well the DOW is not the economy, but this is 100% on Trump. Although nothing he did contributed to it, other than maybe making an economy be too good and the stock market go up too fast.

I already made a thread about this over a week ago.

Well the DOW is not the economy, but this is 100% on Trump. Although nothing he did contributed to it, other than maybe making an economy be too good and the stock market go up too fast.

I already made a thread about this over a week ago.
I think it's part of the economy, and "America is once again OPEN FOR BUSINESS!".

Well its not part of the economy, it's the stock market. But, when people lose money there, it rattles businesses.

The economy is the production and consumption of goods and services and the wealth created by same.

It's not the DOW.

Last edited:
Always dodgy when you point to the stock market as an indicator of a strong economy. It can be but not necessarily so,

It could be an INDICATOR of a strong or weak economy, but its not THE ECONOMY or even part of it.

There was a massive "new gap" opened up by Trump's tax cuts and business friendly de-regulation, the speculators and other bulk investors went in "deep" to fill that gap. Then the belief that the feds would raise interest four times instead of three. The speculators and other bulk investors "shallowed" resulting in the "correction" we see.

As I advised last week, don't throw all your eggs in one basket because the markets drunk - that shit comes with a hangover like we're seeing.

Another tid bit of advice, look into ROTH IRA's now because you know damn well that if the D's retake control the taxes are going up :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back