States With the Highest Gas Prices

Yep no suprises there, they are pretty much the highest cost of living states.

Why is gas going up right now anyway?
It cannot be speculation can it?

Yep no suprises there, they are pretty much the highest cost of living states.

Why is gas going up right now anyway?
It cannot be speculation can it?

Bigger question is why are we exporting so much oil when prices are so high?

Does 50 cents per gallon in either direction really make that much of a difference in most peoples lives? I mean enough to... you know, warrant all the bitching.

I'm talking about your every day commuter. I deal with it and I move on. 45 dollars a refill, 50... 55... 60. It's not breaking my bank.

NOTE: This is a bait thread. I want conservatives to come in here and defend the poor(of which I am by the way) and tell us just how hard it is to make ends meet because of fluctuations in gas prices.

How much does your local, neighborhood fuel supplier need to advertise?

Any industry that produces the kind of retail cash flow that the oil industry does without any advertising is probably not competitive enough.

Does 50 cents per gallon in either direction really make that much of a difference in most peoples lives? I mean enough to... you know, warrant all the bitching.

I'm talking about your every day commuter. I deal with it and I move on. 45 dollars a refill, 50... 55... 60. It's not breaking my bank.

NOTE: This is a bait thread. I want conservatives to come in here and defend the poor(of which I am by the way) and tell us just how hard it is to make ends meet because of fluctuations in gas prices.

Yeah, what's $200 per month to a single mother raising 3 kids?

Why is it going up? Because the private sector would rather rake in even bigger profits and fuck the common folk than, well, not doing that.

Why is it going up? Because the private sector would rather rake in even bigger profits and fuck the common folk than, well, not doing that.

Yeah, those eveil job providers!

You do realize that with no private sector there is no public sector, no jobs, no food, no I phones. I pads, no NOTHING --- for anyone...

RIGHT???

Then you arent factoring in the inflating food prices.

Yeah the audacity of people who expect to actually get paid for the job they do. They should just let their children starve. That was sarcasm for those who have difficulty with that.

Any industry that produces the kind of retail cash flow that the oil industry does without any advertising is probably not competitive enough.

Your local fuel supplier isn't making a lot of money. The money is being made at the refinery. This is why BP and many other of the big oil companies got out of the retail end of the operations. Running stores that sell gas just wasn't profitable enough, so they all took their money and moved it to Asia, where they are expanding operations like crazy.

Let me guess there comrade, you'd just as soon Nationalize all the oil companies and then let the "state" decide what we should pay - right?

Das Vi Danya, Comrade

Let me guess there comrade, you'd just as soon Nationalize all the oil companies and then let the "state" decide what we should pay - right?

Das Vi Danya, Comrade
Funny how they never want to admit that the Oil Companies profit magins are perfectly in line with all other heavy industry.

Your local fuel supplier isn't making a lot of money. The money is being made at the refinery. This is why BP and many other of the big oil companies got out of the retail end of the operations. Running stores that sell gas just wasn't profitable enough, so they all took their money and moved it to Asia, where they are expanding operations like crazy.

Not untrue. Not really my point, but not untrue. The point being that gasoline is sold at a retail level, supposedly by more than one company, and nobody seems to need to advertise. Any industry that moves that much ca$h on a retail level without the need to advertise is probably not a prime example of good old fashioned American competition. The auto industry on the other hand seems very competitive. At least here in FL - every other ad on the boob-tube is for a dealership or brand.

Not saying I have a solution, just notating an observation.

On a $3.60 gallon of gas, the oil company is yielding anywhere between $.08 and $.10 per gallon; or about 3 percent. Federal Government however, gets approxately $0.60 per gallon or 20 percent. The oil company bears all of the risk (e.g. Exploration, manufacturing, liability). What overhead or risk does the Government bear?

Wouldn't the Government be doing the common folk a favor if they cut their take during rising prices vs. taking 7.5x multiples of so-called "obscene profits"?

Think.

Yeah the audacity of people who expect to actually get paid for the job they do. They should just let their children starve. That was sarcasm for those who have difficulty with that.

Those lazy assed children should go out and get a job in the fields or the mines for instance.

On a $3.60 gallon of gas, the oil company is yielding anywhere between $.08 and $.10 per gallon; or about 3 percent. Federal Government however, gets approxately $0.60 per gallon or 20 percent. The oil company bears all of the risk (e.g. Exploration, manufacturing, liability). What overhead or risk does the Government bear?

Wouldn't the Government be doing the common folk a favor if they cut their take during rising prices vs. taking 7.5x multiples of so-called "obscene profits"?

Think.

You should say the companys not the company.
The drilling and exploration one.
The production one.
The transportation one.
The refining one.
the distribution one.
Yes the retailer gets 6-10 cents per gallon but others have made money off of it before it gets to the retailer.

Forum List

Back