States with teachers unions have the best test scores

'Waiting for Superman".....go see it. or order it on pay per view....make your own decision.

Thank you so much. I couldn't for the life of me think of it.

Saw it.

Great eye opener. Should have been up for an Oscar but of course the idiots who pick em didn't see it that way. Might interrupt their liberal view of things.

Makes you wonder what they do with the money we dump into the bottomless pit of education???

I think "Waiting for Superman" was not really made well. Other documentaries give a solution but they demonized teachers and made it look easy to fix our education problems. I mean it painted every parents as great parents and blamed teachers is whats wrong at least show where parents didn't give a shit. That happens more frequently than bad teachers.

Thats why it wasn't nominated, it didn't give the whole story.

Aren't conservatives against public schools altogether?

Definitely. They're even on the warpath against the Dept of Education fer chrisakes.

....apparently they believe mom's Kitchen Table High School is all any 3d World country needs, eh?

Before the Dept of Ed existed, we produced students who put us on the moon with computers that had less computational capacity than a digital watch and students who designed the plane that still holds world speed records with nothing but pencils and slide rules.

After the Dept of Ed we produce students who can't make change for a dollar without a calculator

Definitely. They're even on the warpath against the Dept of Education fer chrisakes.

....apparently they believe mom's Kitchen Table High School is all any 3d World country needs, eh?

Add to the list the EPA, FDA, EEOC, etc.

There ya go.

Who's testing that shrimp down there? Thats real smart being against the FDA & EPA after the Deepwater Horizon debacle. Brilliant.

Before the Dept of Ed existed, we produced students who put us on the moon with computers that had less computational capacity than a digital watch and students who designed the plane that still holds world speed records with nothing but pencils and slide rules.

After the Dept of Ed we produce students who can't make change for a dollar without a calculator

Whoomp! There it is.

Or a Smart Register.

90% of all the Jethros and Ellie Mae's in the world live in the south. They're not black.

Jethro and Ellie Mae moved to Beverly Hills with uncle Jed

I suspect only 6% of scientists live in the south.

NASA is in the south, and I would not be surprised at all if all the scientist who work for NASA are Republicans considering the Democrats track record with wanting to kill off NASA funding.

Why does the right care about education anyway? They only want to bring it down. Not a single suggestion on how to improve it and lots of ways to ruin worse than they already have. Besides, most of their kids drop out and most of the ones who want to go can't afford it. Their leaders have made sure of that.

The left has been in charge of education for decades, and the clear result is things just get worse. Look at California and the way its graduates become less and less relevant as their test scores and academic standing drops more every year.

Even if the right's goal is to destroy education you should support putting them in charge of it. According to you they cannot do anything right, so they will probably make things better in their attempt to make things worse. They certainly cannot do any worse than your side has.

Democrats want to kill off NASA funding? Hilarious.

What's the name of the Bible College you went to?

90% of all the Jethros and Ellie Mae's in the world live in the south. They're not black.

NASA is in the south, and I would not be surprised at all if all the scientist who work for NASA are Republicans considering the Democrats track record with wanting to kill off NASA funding.

Why does the right care about education anyway? They only want to bring it down. Not a single suggestion on how to improve it and lots of ways to ruin worse than they already have. Besides, most of their kids drop out and most of the ones who want to go can't afford it. Their leaders have made sure of that.

The left has been in charge of education for decades, and the clear result is things just get worse. Look at California and the way its graduates become less and less relevant as their test scores and academic standing drops more every year.

Even if the right's goal is to destroy education you should support putting them in charge of it. According to you they cannot do anything right, so they will probably make things better in their attempt to make things worse. They certainly cannot do any worse than your side has.

OBAMA CUTS NASA
Price, Tea, China...for $1,000 Alex...

That's because we have computers BETTER than a pocket watch. And all with Republicans being only a measly 6% of scientists. Hey, don't you have some prayer meeting to attend? Considering Republicans contribution to science, it might be "time well spent".

Hey, you want to know what's really, really funny? Conservatives had to go to a gay man, Phillip Johnson, to design one of their greatest monuments, The Crystal Cathedral" because they couldn't. Isn't that hilarious? I'm still laughing.

ar12879277551875.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

We've already had this discussion.

William Proxmire

Google

Put all that together and come back and apologize.

That's because we have computers BETTER than a pocket watch. And all with Republicans being only a measly 6% of scientists. Hey, don't you have some prayer meeting to attend? Considering Republicans contribution to science, it might be "time well spent".

Hey, you want to know what's really, really funny? Conservatives had to go to a gay man, Phillip Johnson, to design one of their greatest monuments, The Crystal Cathedral" because they couldn't. Isn't that hilarious? I'm still laughing.

What makes you think Robert Schuller is a Republican?

Correlation does not suggest causation. In this case, bucs is right. Liberals are generally more intelligent than conservatives; Liberals tend to be pro-union. Hence, there is a noticeable correlation, but it is not necessarily because one causes the other.

Indeed...........just curious as to why, then, are the idea's of liberals getting punted on from sea to shining sea at the moment. Everywhere you look the past two years, liberal public policy is getting kicked in the balls by the majority.

I guess there must be alot of stupid people in the country then...........and I must say...........damn glad Im one of them.

Heres to the idea's of the stupids............firmly in the majority, thank God!!!:boobies::boobies::fu:

Now conservative governors and mayors want to abolish teachers' right to due process, their seniority, and -- in some states -- their collective bargaining rights. Right-to-work states do not have higher scores than states with strong unions. Actually, the states with the highest performance on national tests are Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Vermont, and New Hampshire, where teachers belong to unions that bargain collectively for their members.

Unions actively lobby to increase education funding and reduce class size, so conservative governors who want to slash education spending feel the need to reduce their clout. This silences the best organized opposition to education cuts.

There has recently been a national furor about school reform. One must wonder how it is possible to talk of improving schools while cutting funding, demoralizing teachers, cutting scholarships to college, and increasing class sizes.

The real story in Madison is not just about unions trying to protect their members' hard-won rights. It is about teachers who are fed up with attacks on their profession. A large group of National Board Certified teachers -- teachers from many states who have passed rigorous examinations by an independent national board -- is organizing a march on Washington in July. The events in Madison are sure to multiply their numbers.

Why America's teachers are enraged - CNN.com

Thanked by the usual suspects:
JFK_USA (Today), manifold (Yesterday), midcan5 (Today), rightwinger (Yesterday), uscitizen (Yesterday)

Thats all I need to know about this post.

:bsflag:

ar12879277551875.jpg

I got something even funnier............here you have Republicans only 6 % of scientists and meanwhile, who has won the whole global warming debate?

The 6%ers!!!!!:lmao::funnyface::boobies::fu::fu::fu:

Cap and Trade is in the crapper...........epic fAiL for the 94%ers. Even John Kerry said recently that the phrase global warming is not even uttered in the Capitol these days!!!! Its 100% radioactive.

And the k00ks gloat abouot the 6% scientists thing!!!:blowup::blowup::blowup::2up:

I am not a republican, have a degree in engineering, and am an atheist.

I just don't believe the government can do everything for everyone like you do.

[/IMG]

And I don't know how you made the leap to sexuality here but i am not afraid of homosexuals.

ar12879277551875.jpg
so that kinda debunks your bullshit about how Conservatives feel about gay people doesnt it?....and the people who built this thing Dean were mostly Conservatives.....again debunking your Bullshit....your so full of shit Dean..... Isn't that hilarious?.... I'm still laughing......

ar12879277551875.jpg

This is funny :D
Crystal Cathedral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Beginning in 2010, creditors filed lawsuits to collect money due to them for providing goods, services and broadcasting The Hour of Power weekly TV show. A board member said that the total debt was US$55 million.[14][15] The church's board filed for bankruptcy on October 18, 2010, citing US$43 million in debt including a US$36 million mortgage and US$7.5 million in other debt. Church officials said that they had been trying to negotiate payments but after several suits were filed and writs of attachment were granted the church had to declare bankruptcy.[16]
Shows what happens when one builds kingdoms on earth especially w/ credit.

This is funny :D
Crystal Cathedral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Beginning in 2010, creditors filed lawsuits to collect money due to them for providing goods, services and broadcasting The Hour of Power weekly TV show. A board member said that the total debt was US$55 million.[14][15] The church's board filed for bankruptcy on October 18, 2010, citing US$43 million in debt including a US$36 million mortgage and US$7.5 million in other debt. Church officials said that they had been trying to negotiate payments but after several suits were filed and writs of attachment were granted the church had to declare bankruptcy.[16]
Shows what happens when one builds kingdoms on earth especially w/ credit.

yep....right now the dear Reverend is not looking to well....the OC Register showed everyone how he set up his family in expensive homes and were paid in one instance $12,000 a year salary from the church,but the guy had a 132,000 housing allowance which according to the article was tax deductible......so the guy made out like a bandit....all this is now being called into question by the US Trustee in charge of the Bankruptcy....

Forum List

Back