Star Trek takes PC to new extremes, even for Hollywood

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I'm so sick of seeing black scientists and female commanders in movies when in real life such creatures are almost non-existent.

jan 17 2018 Those of you (most of you) who haven't been watching the new Star Trek series, Star Trek Discovery, are missing out on a entirely new level of political correctness. The show features a black female protagonist named Michael; her boyfriend, a Klingon disguised as a Muslim-Arab security officer; an obese female cadet who is a genius in all areas of science; and a gay couple, one of whom is black and possibly also hispanic.

But that isn't enough for SJWs. They actually worry that the black gay character, who is also hispanic, is not visibly hispanic.

I wish blacks were really like the way they are shown on TV

I'm so sick of seeing black scientists and female commanders in movies when in real life such creatures are almost non-existent.

jan 17 2018 Those of you (most of you) who haven't been watching the new Star Trek series, Star Trek Discovery, are missing out on a entirely new level of political correctness. The show features a black female protagonist named Michael; her boyfriend, a Klingon disguised as a Muslim-Arab security officer; an obese female cadet who is a genius in all areas of science; and a gay couple, one of whom is black and possibly also hispanic.

But that isn't enough for SJWs. They actually worry that the black gay character, who is also hispanic, is not visibly hispanic.

I'm a big Star Trek fan but don't watch ST Discovery. It is "Star Trek" in name only, the show is a piece of crap (I watched the network-aired pilot) and Gene's son can go suck my ass for exploiting for profit now that he needs a job what he ignored all his life when his father was alive and he was out getting stoned.

I'm a big Star Trek fan but don't watch ST Discovery. It is "Star Trek" in name only, the show is a piece of crap (I watched the network-aired pilot) and Gene's son can go suck my ass for exploiting for profit now that he needs a job what he ignored all his life when his father was alive and he was out getting stoned.
Who is Gene?

Always fascinating to hear from Trump supporters.

You understand that Star Trek is a show about a somewhat utopian future, don't you? It's not supposed to be representative of how the world is now.

I'm curious why the article says that the doctor's uniform is "so tight that nothing is left to the imagination" when it appears to be the same basic cut as every other uniform, just a different color. Also, describing the cadet as "obese" is a pretty large exaggeration. Here's a picture of her:
star-trek-discovery-cadet-tilly.jpg

Then the article goes on to say that Voyager had a "hispanic Klingon." How the hell can an alien be hispanic? :lol:

I agree that anyone upset that the doctor is not explicitly latino is being ridiculous.

Discovery is different from other Trek shows, and I understand Star Trek fans not liking it for that reason. This show has a much darker tone, is much less uplifting, than I remember the original and TNG being. Complaining because there are black scientists and female commanders, particularly in a show about the far future, however, is asinine.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Who is Gene?

Gene Roddenberry - Wikipedia

Who is Gene?
Annex%20-%20Kelly,%20Gene_10.jpg

It really is. There's always such anger, such....random hatred. Like they're just pissed off all the time and looking for an outlet, any outlet, to go off on.

I mean, Star Trek? Really?

When did conservatives become such fragile little snowflakes that a TV show would have them shitting their drawers is mascara smearing hysterics? At this point even 'Cucks' are telling them to sack the fuck up.

It really is. There's always such anger, such....random hatred. Like they're just pissed off all the time and looking for an outlet, any outlet, to go off on.

I mean, Star Trek? Really?

When did conservatives become such fragile little snowflakes that a TV show would have them shitting their drawers is mascara smearing hysterics? At this point even 'Cucks' are telling them to sack the fuck up.

LOL

Remember if this was 1966- Shooter would be all about boycotting NBC for having an inter-racial cast.

Nothing much has changed- racists still hate Star Trek.

sucks to be you in the 21st century, doesn't it?

it really is. There's always such anger, such....random hatred. Like they're just pissed off all the time and looking for an outlet, any outlet, to go off on.
I Mean, Star Trek? Really?

If Star Trek did NOT have these PC characters then you llibs would be the ones howling. THINK, white-hating racist.

45AAC981-00EC-42D2-AAEF-40C7F3D5A28A.jpeg

Then the article goes on to say that Voyager had a "hispanic Klingon." How the hell can an alien be hispanic? :lol:
Hey einstein. You do it by hiring a hispanic actor for the role.
The actor being hispanic does not make the alien character hispanic. ;)

Sure it does. If a black is hired to play James Bond then Bond is black in that movie. THINK

James Bond is a human character. Klingons are an alien species. :rofl:

Forum List

Back