Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

I think the Deep Space Nine was not only better than SNW, it was actually better than TNG.

Deep Space Nine had a big advantage that it wasn't "All forgotten by next week", which TNG and VOY both suffered from. It started the trend of season long story arcs.
Never got into Deep Space Nine. I like Star Trek where the crew was on the move, going where no one has gone before. The only good thing in Voyager was 7 of 9. Enterprise was ok but boring at times. Some seasons in Discovery were good but not the one that delt with the parallel universe with the empress and the crews bad doubles. That story was about as fresh as week old cat food . Strange New Worlds takes the audience back to the time when Star Trek began exploring the universe.

Last edited:
I love Babylon 5. Once you get past the goofy hairstyles and the SFX that look like it was rendered on a nerd's computer, it was a pretty good show with solid performances, and an engaging storyline. I would rate it above ANY Trek show, even DS9.
Season 2 - 4 were some of the best on television. GKar's speeches were some of the best ever.

Stargate was a great series.

About a third of the episodes were OK. A third were good and a third were excellent.
It was never the same after O'neill (Richard Dean Anderson) was off the team.

It was never the same after O'neill (Richard Dean Anderson) was off the team.
I like the fact that occasionally they would do a show where they made fun of themselves.

Great series. They have the complete series on Hulu and when there is nothing better on I will find one of the episodes to watch.

Never got into Deep Space Nine. I like Star Trek where the crew was on the move, going where no one has gone before. The only good thing in Voyager was 7 of 9. Enterprise was ok but boring at times. Some seasons in Discovery were good but not the one that delt with the parallel universe with the empress and the crews bad doubles. That story was about as fresh as week old cat food . Strange New Worlds takes the audience back to the time when Star Trek began exploring the universe.

Here's what I liked about DS9. I had an overall story arc. Sisko was a different character in the first episode than he was in the last one, where he reached a destiny that the entire series built up to. He had a story arc. He grew as a character and frankly felt a lot more like a real person.

As opposed to Picard or Janeway, who were the same character in the last episode they were in the first.

Seriously, if you already have Paramount Plus, you should give it another look, but watch it in sequence and realize it's a bit slow building up in Season 1.

My problem with Voyager is that it was "Gilligan's Starship". They kept finding these possible ways to get home only to have it screwed up by the end of the episode.

Enterprise was three seasons of Brannon Braga flipping the bird to the fans, and one season of the producers try to fix things to win them back.

Discovery was kind of awful. The problem when the Captain changes every season and the show is focused on what should be a supporting character.

Picard was two seasons of Awful and one season of Fan Service and Member-Berries

Here's what I liked about DS9. I had an overall story arc. Sisko was a different character in the first episode than he was in the last one, where he reached a destiny that the entire series built up to. He had a story arc. He grew as a character and frankly felt a lot more like a real person.

As opposed to Picard or Janeway, who were the same character in the last episode they were in the first.

Seriously, if you already have Paramount Plus, you should give it another look, but watch it in sequence and realize it's a bit slow building up in Season 1.

My problem with Voyager is that it was "Gilligan's Starship". They kept finding these possible ways to get home only to have it screwed up by the end of the episode.

Enterprise was three seasons of Brannon Braga flipping the bird to the fans, and one season of the producers try to fix things to win them back.

Discovery was kind of awful. The problem when the Captain changes every season and the show is focused on what should be a supporting character.

Picard was two seasons of Awful and one season of Fan Service and Member-Berries
What happens in these productions is the actor playing the character or director believes the character needs more depth to make him seem more realist. That might be a romance or flash backs revealing more about the character, or possibly changing the acting style in order to make character funnier, friendlier, more sympatric, etc. This something occur thruout the series and should occur. Doing this thou takes extra work for the scriptwriters, the director, and the actor. However, some people just don't want to invest their time in building and expanding a character. These are the series we watch a few episodes and decide it's too boring.

Forum List

Back