Patrick Stewart: new star trek show a response to Brexit and Trump

Why do they have to mess up a great franchise like Star Trek with their piddly little political opinions?

Star Trek has always been sociopolitical, from the start. Roddenberry created allegorical morality plays about aggression and war (Klingons/Soviets) and ideals of cooperation. And inside of that it was denouncing bigotry, sexism and ethnocentrism and demonstrating how silly it all was.

Remember this guy?

upload_2020-1-12_14-20-38.jpeg

Patrick Stewart: New Star Trek Show a ‘Response to Brexit and Trump’
Actor Patrick Stewart announced he would reprise the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a revival of Star Trek , and he’s doing so as a rebuke to President Trump and Brexit.

Oh can you see the buzz going on around all these people on either side........... left or right.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm interested to see how they present this new world against the backdrop of what's going on in our world today. The Next Generation was a mostly positive future that Gene Roddenberry envisioned. Deep Space Nine explored a darker part of that vision with grittier storylines and a war backdrop. It didn't get nearly the critical praise it deserved.

If you want to see a more in depth article without being bombarded with constant ads for supplements and other stuff peddled to the weak minded, here you go.

‘Star Trek: Picard’: Patrick Stewart on Why He Returned to the Final Frontier

He stands and paces when a subject such as Brexit or Donald Trump aggravates him. All the while, he touches the binder over and over again — tapping it, thumbing through it, waving it around.

“This is just stupid, doing something like this,” Stewart says, sitting forward in a midcentury lounge chair, holding the binder up in one hand as if it were Exhibit A. “It’s so insane. I could have found other things to do that were not so enormous as this. But I chose it. Sixteen years have passed, and the world is a different place from when I last did it. F—, it’s different.”
lol...before these elites had their world ripped out from under them, they were ripping America out from under other folks who were just as mad as the elites of today, and they would never fail to point out how mean, nasty and vulgar those others were for speaking just the way Patrick is...this really is so sweet for me.

He's an actor making a lot of money in his chosen profession. I don't think that qualifies as having his world ripped out from underneath him. He was giving his opinion about the state of affairs in the US and UK. I've always wondered why people (seems to be mostly on the right) get their knickers in a twist every time some actor/actress opens their mouth. Retreating to their Facebook and Twitter chambers to opine about how they don't speak for the common individual and that they should just go away.....and then turn around and buy their movie tickets and watch their TV shows. It would be the same reaction I have when people like James Woods or Tim Allen whine and moan about how badly conservatives are treated. I just shrug and ignore.

He's an actor making a lot of money in his chosen profession.
Yes, we are all aware of his elitist stature, it is that attitude that mocks the rest of us

I don't think that qualifies as having his world ripped out from underneath him.

OK, you want to get into a debate by what he meant when the claimed "the world is different, F_ _ _ing different" and that is why he is reprising his role in a new and different way to address that? I know what that means and if you don't you should refrain from questioning/lecturing others until you do.

He was giving his opinion about the state of affairs in the US and UK.
No, he was disturbed by the events of today [brexit and trump] and feels an urgent need to do something about it....make left wing propaganda films

I've always wondered why people (seems to be mostly on the right) get their knickers in a twist every time some actor/actress opens their mouth.[Retreating to their Facebook and Twitter chambers to opine about how they don't speak for the common individual and that they should just go away
so you wonder why the average joe opens his mouth while the elites get a pass from you? is that correct? What you are claiming here is that you do not want to here the opinion of the right, just what the left wing elites have to say, which btw is what drives those on the right to speak up

.....and then turn around and buy their movie tickets and watch their TV shows. It would be the same reaction I have when people like James Woods or Tim Allen whine and moan about how badly conservatives are treated. I just shrug and ignore.
And yet you could not just shrug and ignore my post, and you could not understand why others need to take to twitter and facebook to give their opinions.and do not understand why the elites should be challenged when they speak....something is misfiring in your logic chamber...this is what makes liberalism so very dangerous.

Last edited:
What is so abhorrent to him about people having a say in how they are governed?

In all honesty, it's the level of consistent attacks against one side. Why not some actor come out and say "we made a show and it was based on addressing systematic abuses of the Communist China government and the loss of jobs from the UK. We also do an episode tat reflects on the success of the America First movement, which has helped fight off these communists".

Can you, I, or anyone on this board imagine such a narrative from ANY movie, TV shows, or actor? Why is it constantly always one sided?

Big money funds much of this. At what point is it no longer entertainment, and something else. Something maybe even nefarious?

It's readily apparent to even the most casual observer that you have never watched "Last Man Standing". Tim Allen's character is a staunch Trump supporter, and brings it up constantly, talking bad about Dems and Pelosi, telling everyone that taxes are bad, all the conservative talking points basically.

Patrick Stewart: New Star Trek Show a ‘Response to Brexit and Trump’
Actor Patrick Stewart announced he would reprise the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a revival of Star Trek , and he’s doing so as a rebuke to President Trump and Brexit.

Oh can you see the buzz going on around all these people on either side........... left or right.
Patrick Stewart has revealed these last few years he is a brainwashed loon with SEVERE TDS. What a disappointment he's turned out to be.

It's readily apparent to even the most casual observer that you have never watched "Last Man Standing". Tim Allen's character is a staunch Trump supporter, and brings it up constantly, talking bad about Dems and Pelosi, telling everyone that taxes are bad, all the conservative talking points basically.
Has nothing to do with the problem, the complaint is about the entertainment industries standards and what they want from the performers, Your tim allen example goes against those standards and will not award allen any brownie points from the elites, in fact it may hurt his chances of getting plum jobs which means he is the one standing up to the industry and should be applauded for it while those who toe the line should be condemned for it or at least called out on it...so hooray for standing up to the industry and boo for being an industry toady, see how it works?

Has nothing to do with the problem, the complaint is about the entertainment industries standards and what they want from the performers, Your tim allen example goes against those standards and will not award allen any brownie points from the elites, in fact it may hurt his chances of getting plum jobs which means he is the one standing up to the industry and should be applauded for it while those who toe the line should be condemned for it or at least called out on it...so hooray for standing up to the industry and boo for being an industry toady, see how it works?

They won't award Allen or the show any awards? Really? Because not only has Last Man Standing been nominated for lots of awards, they have won quite a few as well.

And...........sorry..............but your claim that he won't get any "plum jobs", is also incorrect. They stopped the show for a while, but apparently, it was good enough that they decided to bring it back.

Here's a link to the awards Last Man Standing has won....................

Last Man Standing - Awards - IMDb

I think hes still living in Brooklyn ....he lives in a wealthy progressive gentrified hood ...hes old and smokes tons of weed
sir-patrick-stewart-dressed-as-a-lobster-and-lounging-in-a-tub-139697.jpg

Entertainment wise I like next Generation but on my list of best of the franchise the original of course number 1 ...ds9 I liked more than next gen because it was a little darker ..they had a massive war ...and had lipstick lesbian action ..

The sisko rules

The 4th star trek that CBS ran for a few seasons that's where I bailed

What does he mean we're fucked ?

Ok boomer !

Yooose all have already been fucked and sold down the river long before President Trump and Borris Johnson came along ...
Lol the eu is a globo homo inc cluster fuck of tremendously moronic left wing proportion ...
In the United States you cant tell the difference between the rhinos and the d rats
Both as imperfect as they are breathes of fresh hair .....I mean air

Which Patrick stewart has none of

:04:
Heres some........ before capitalism stole it

They won't award Allen or the show any awards? Really? Because not only has Last Man Standing been nominated for lots of awards, they have won quite a few as well.

And...........sorry..............but your claim that he won't get any "plum jobs", is also incorrect. They stopped the show for a while, but apparently, it was good enough that they decided to bring it back.

BS, did an anchor fall on your head? or are you taking the ultra-liberal tact of rearranging what was said to pretend you can rebut it...I said:
Your tim allen example goes against those standards and will not award allen any brownie points from the elites,
^[that is a cut and paste]^

geez-o-petes!!! you just had an argument about something that never happened with someone who didn't say it...as for his show coming back, it came back on a different network, did it ever cross your mind why a show you claim is "nominated for a lot of awards" and "wins quite a few as well" gets cancelled? what do you suppose the reason for that is? try to be honest, if not with us then at least with yourself...
I should stop while I'm ahead but perhaps something else amusing will come of this, do you honestly believe there is not an enormous left wing liberal bias coming from hollywood?

Last edited:

BS, did an anchor fall on your head? or are you taking the ultra-liberal tact of rearranging what was said to pretend you can rebut it...I said:
Your tim allen example goes against those standards and will not award allen any brownie points from the elites,
^[that is a cut and paste]^

geez-o-petes!!! you just had an argument about something that never happened with someone who didn't say it...as for his show coming back, it came back on a different network, did it ever cross your mind why a show you claim is "nominated for a lot of awards" and "wins quite a few as well" gets cancelled? what do you suppose the reason for that is? try to be honest, if not with us then at least with yourself...
I should stop while I'm ahead but perhaps something else amusing will come of this, do you honestly believe there is not an enormous left wing liberal bias coming from hollywood?

People on this thread have said that because of Hollywood's left bias, there are no shows on television, movies, etc. that show the conservative viewpoint. I then responded that Last Man Standing is a very conservative show. You then said it wouldn't get any awards, and I showed you where they did.

Sorry, but while there is a definite bias towards the left in Hollywood, there are conservatives (and their shows) that support Trump.

He's an actor making a lot of money in his chosen profession.
Yes, we are all aware of his elitist stature, it is that attitude that mocks the rest of us

I don't think that qualifies as having his world ripped out from underneath him.

OK, you want to get into a debate by what he meant when the claimed "the world is different, F_ _ _ing different" and that is why he is reprising his role in a new and different way to address that? I know what that means and if you don't you should refrain from questioning/lecturing others until you do.

He was giving his opinion about the state of affairs in the US and UK.
No, he was disturbed by the events of today [brexit and trump] and feels an urgent need to do something about it....make left wing propaganda films

I've always wondered why people (seems to be mostly on the right) get their knickers in a twist every time some actor/actress opens their mouth.[Retreating to their Facebook and Twitter chambers to opine about how they don't speak for the common individual and that they should just go away
so you wonder why the average joe opens his mouth while the elites get a pass from you? is that correct? What you are claiming here is that you do not want to here the opinion of the right, just what the left wing elites have to say, which btw is what drives those on the right to speak up

.....and then turn around and buy their movie tickets and watch their TV shows. It would be the same reaction I have when people like James Woods or Tim Allen whine and moan about how badly conservatives are treated. I just shrug and ignore.
And yet you could not just shrug and ignore my post, and you could not understand why others need to take to twitter and facebook to give their opinions.and do not understand why the elites should be challenged when they speak....something is misfiring in your logic chamber...this is what makes liberalism so very dangerous.

Wow, that is a whole lot of right wing anguish. Stewart states (in the Variety article) that he was responding to the events of Trump and Brexit and why have those organizations that Picard supported in the original happy, positive future TNG series hadn't changed. That was because he wasn't interested in going back and doing the Picard of TNG. The world has changed. It is f'ing different. The character should change as well. And I didn't see him say anything about making left wing propaganda films. It's Star Trek, not Avatar. :)

Last edited:
Wow, that is a whole lot of right wing anguish.
Well I suppose once you run it through the liberal filter enough times it is kinda possible to reach that conclusion.

Stewart states (in the Variety article) that he was responding to the events of Trump and Brexit and why have those organizations that Picard supported in the original happy, positive future TNG series hadn't changed.
lol...did you forget to turn off the filter? he actually says the opposite.

That was because he wasn't interested in going back and doing the Picard of TNG. The world has changed. It is f'ing different.The character should change as well.
again with the rewording, here is what he said:
"Sixteen years have passed, and the world is a different place from when I last did it. F—, it’s different.”

said:
And I didn't see him say anything about making left wing propaganda films.
Because that's what propagandists do? they claim to be making propaganda films? a bogus claim!
FROM THE VARIETY ARTICLE:
"Stewart believes that makes the piece more timely than ever. He characterizes “A Christmas Carol” as a “profoundly angry attack” on a society that treats marginalized people as subhuman. “Forget about Tiny Tim and all that stuff,” he says. “It’s a political document.”
Pure liberal propaganda

Last edited:

Forum List

Back