Star Trek- Better than I thought it was going to be!

My wife does not like the new Kirk, she feels his portrayal is no good compared to Shattner's Kirk. I like all of them. I also am wondering why we don't facsimile their world govt.on our planet.

The new Kirk is fine. The new Spock needs some work.

i heard it was good

have not gone yet

I would rather wait till it comes out in Blueray.

Very few movies are worth going to a theater and risk getting shot over.

i heard it was good

have not gone yet

Well, that wouldn't be a problem if you gun whacks didn't let every psycho in the country practice he "Second Amendment Rights".

I did notice when I went to see it, the theatre ran a "Cover your Ass" promo. It had such utterly useless advice as "Let theatre management know if you see anyone suspicious" and "Make sure you walk calmly to the exits".

i heard it was good

have not gone yet

Well, that wouldn't be a problem if you gun whacks didn't let every psycho in the country practice he "Second Amendment Rights".

I did notice when I went to see it, the theatre ran a "Cover your Ass" promo. It had such utterly useless advice as "Let theatre management know if you see anyone suspicious" and "Make sure you walk calmly to the exits".

I think the problem is the lack of treatment those wackjobs get while living in liberal states. You see, even nutjobs have rights. In some states it takes practically an act of congress to get them committed.

But the real reason I don't like going to the movies is the fact that very few of them are worth putting up with the hassle of driving there, paying $20 to see when I can wait till it comes out and pay for a DVD and see it as many times as I want.

Fact is most of the crap that Hollywood produces isn't worth watching.

[

Joe they were not awful.....if they were they would not sold as well as they did.....they were way more imaginative than the TV Shows.....and the first 9 Bab 5 novels were written by 8 different writers.....David only wrote the "The Centauri Trilogy " and two novelizations of the TV Movies.... the other 2 Trilogies were written by 2 other Authors....

Something selling is not an indication of quality. Just ask Steven King (SARCASM).

I thought Peter David also wrote the Psi-Corps trilogy books.

there are so many books Joe that if they are as bad as you think they are, don't you think that after about 6-7 books that they would have kinda died out?......i sure as hell would have stopped reading them if they sucked....why read 200 shitty novels?.....
and no David did not write that Trilogy.....J. Gregory Keyes did....

I think that Star Trek has simply evolved with the techology the producers now have at their disposal compared to the original series. And, as such, it makes sense that resulting productions focus more on the action elements such technological advances can accomodate.

Furthermore, I disagree with your opinion of Pine's portrayal of Capt. Kirk. He brings a much greater fluid energy to the role than his predecessors. He's leading a young crew, eager to go where no man has gone before, and his almost boyish wonder of the challenges he's anticipating making a refreshing change compared to Stewart's mature leadership.

My wife does not like the new Kirk, she feels his portrayal is no good compared to Shattner's Kirk. I like all of them. I also am wondering why we don't facsimile their world govt.on our planet.

You must be drunk. The new spock could pass as the original on sight or sound.

or Tim Burton.....

At least Tim Burton has imagination. All those other two have are big explosions.

he would destroy Star trek as bad as he would have destroyed Superman if they would have followed through and let him make that movie.....Burton has imagination....but not for this type of Sci-Fi.....not his forte....

He might not have destroyed Superman. I thought he did a good job with the first Batman. It was, at the time, the best comic book movie that had been made. Sure, it had some issues, and it led to horrible, horrible sequels, but it was great at the time.

Plus, Superman is an easy character to ruin. :tongue:

At least Tim Burton has imagination. All those other two have are big explosions.

he would destroy Star trek as bad as he would have destroyed Superman if they would have followed through and let him make that movie.....Burton has imagination....but not for this type of Sci-Fi.....not his forte....

He might not have destroyed Superman. I thought he did a good job with the first Batman. It was, at the time, the best comic book movie that had been made. Sure, it had some issues, and it led to horrible, horrible sequels, but it was great at the time.

apparently you did not see who was in line to play Superman and how Burton was going to change the costume...

Kevin Smith was hired to write the script....the only plus of this thing....but he was gone after he told Jon Peters that Superman does not fight Polar Bears who apparently attack him at his fortress....Kevin said Peters insisted that he has to fight a Polar Bear.....Nicolas Cage was picked to play Supes.....

Bullet Dodged: What Burton?s Superman Would?ve Looked Like « Spinoff Online ? TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

apparently you did not see who was in line to play Superman and how Burton was going to change the costume...

Kevin Smith was hired to write the script....the only plus of this thing....but he was gone after he told Jon Peters that Superman does not fight Polar Bears who apparently attack him at his fortress....Kevin said Peters insisted that he has to fight a Polar Bear.....Nicolas Cage was picked to play Supes.....

Bullet Dodged: What Burton?s Superman Would?ve Looked Like « Spinoff Online ? TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

OK, I give you the Cage thing was terrible. Then again, this was long before he settled into his B-movie persona of today. He actually had some draw at the time. But yes, I think a bad choice.

I'm sure the polar bear fighting would also have been terrible, but it has the advantage of being polar bears! :D

Like I said, it's an easy character to ruin. I'm not a big fan of Superman in general. I tried to go back and watch the Reeves movies, and wow, they were awful. I think I prefer the crappy Brandon Routh version!

So, this sounds like it would have been horrendous, but you never know.....he was able to make at least one good Batman movie! :tongue:

OK, I give you the Cage thing was terrible. Then again, this was long before he settled into his B-movie persona of today. He actually had some draw at the time. But yes, I think a bad choice.

I'm sure the polar bear fighting would also have been terrible, but it has the advantage of being polar bears! :D

Like I said, it's an easy character to ruin. I'm not a big fan of Superman in general. I tried to go back and watch the Reeves movies, and wow, they were awful. I think I prefer the crappy Brandon Routh version!

So, this sounds like it would have been horrendous, but you never know.....he was able to make at least one good Batman movie! :tongue:

He made one good Batman movie because fans were scared shitless about what he was going to do with it, and the studio didn't give him free reign with the character. When he got to do it is way we ended up with nipples on the costumes and this.

Batmobile_Batman_Forever.jpg

the first Superman movie is considered the first Movie based on Comics actually done well.....some consider it the best from that Century....

He made one good Batman movie because fans were scared shitless about what he was going to do with it, and the studio didn't give him free reign with the character. When he got to do it is way we ended up with nipples on the costumes and this.

I thought Burton stopped after the second one. Wasn't it after that the whole nipple thing started, and almost all the other incredibly ridiculous things they did? I mean, sure, the second movie had the penguins firing missiles from their backs, and that's the scene that sticks with me and makes me really hate that second one....but it was still so much better than the Carrey Riddler, Schwartzenegger Mr. Freeze, etc. :tongue:

the first Superman movie is considered the first Movie based on Comics actually done well.....some consider it the best from that Century....

Those people would be very wrong. :tongue:

First, you have to decide if you are talking all comic book movies, or just comic book hero movies. I consider The Crow probably the best ever comic book movie, but it's not your typical hero movie.

Still, I prefer Batman by a long shot to Superman. I've seen both multiple times, and Batman holds up better, at least for now.

I think Blade holds up better as well, but again, not exactly the typical comic book hero movie.

I guess Batman is the only comic hero movie I can think of better than Superman, pre-2000. :tongue:

I thought Burton stopped after the second one. Wasn't it after that the whole nipple thing started, and almost all the other incredibly ridiculous things they did? I mean, sure, the second movie had the penguins firing missiles from their backs, and that's the scene that sticks with me and makes me really hate that second one....but it was still so much better than the Carrey Riddler, Schwartzenegger Mr. Freeze, etc. :tongue:

Burton was the producer of the third movie.

Those people would be very wrong. :tongue:

First, you have to decide if you are talking all comic book movies, or just comic book hero movies. I consider The Crow probably the best ever comic book movie, but it's not your typical hero movie.

Still, I prefer Batman by a long shot to Superman. I've seen both multiple times, and Batman holds up better, at least for now.

I think Blade holds up better as well, but again, not exactly the typical comic book hero movie.

I guess Batman is the only comic hero movie I can think of better than Superman, pre-2000. :tongue:

I think you are cutting off tons of good movies, the first Superman movie was in the 1940s, not 1978.

Forum List

Back