Star Trek- Better than I thought it was going to be!

OK, I give you the Cage thing was terrible. Then again, this was long before he settled into his B-movie persona of today. He actually had some draw at the time. But yes, I think a bad choice.

I'm sure the polar bear fighting would also have been terrible, but it has the advantage of being polar bears! :D

Like I said, it's an easy character to ruin. I'm not a big fan of Superman in general. I tried to go back and watch the Reeves movies, and wow, they were awful. I think I prefer the crappy Brandon Routh version!

So, this sounds like it would have been horrendous, but you never know.....he was able to make at least one good Batman movie! :tongue:
the first Superman movie is considered the first Movie based on Comics actually done well.....some consider it the best from that Century....

Those people would be very wrong. :tongue:

First, you have to decide if you are talking all comic book movies, or just comic book hero movies. I consider The Crow probably the best ever comic book movie, but it's not your typical hero movie.

Still, I prefer Batman by a long shot to Superman. I've seen both multiple times, and Batman holds up better, at least for now.

I think Blade holds up better as well, but again, not exactly the typical comic book hero movie.

I guess Batman is the only comic hero movie I can think of better than Superman, pre-2000. :tongue:

Those people would be very wrong.

you will find that Comic fans (Super Hero Hype) did not think Burtons Batman was all that great....for one....Batman for 50 years was a guy 6'3....and here comes 5'8 Keaton....why? ...because Burton said i have never seen a big guy who can act....:doubt:......he was lucky Keaton did a credible acting job....but after that one they all sucked....

First, you have to decide if you are talking all comic book movies, or just comic book hero movies. I consider The Crow probably the best ever comic book movie, but it's not your typical hero movie.

being that Blade and the Crow fought the bad guys.....they are considered Super hero's.....a Comic Book movie would be like "Archie and Veronica"......

but its all what you like....Superman did say that Batman is the most dangerous guy in the Justice League....:eusa_angel:

the first Superman movie is considered the first Movie based on Comics actually done well.....some consider it the best from that Century....

Still, I prefer Batman by a long shot to Superman. I've seen both multiple times, and Batman holds up better, at least for now.

I think Blade holds up better as well, but again, not exactly the typical comic book hero movie.

I guess Batman is the only comic hero movie I can think of better than Superman, pre-2000. :tongue:

I think you are cutting off tons of good movies, the first Superman movie was in the 1940s, not 1978.

that was a serial not a movie.....the Fleischer Cartoons were great.....

you will find that Comic fans (Super Hero Hype) did not think Burtons Batman was all that great....for one....Batman for 50 years was a guy 6'3....and here comes 5'8 Keaton....why? ...because Burton said i have never seen a big guy who can act....:doubt:......he was lucky Keaton did a credible acting job....but after that one they all sucked....

being that Blade and the Crow fought the bad guys.....they are considered Super hero's.....a Comic Book movie would be like "Archie and Veronica"......

but its all what you like....Superman did say that Batman is the most dangerous guy in the Justice League....:eusa_angel:

Batman would have been a much more dangerous guy if he would have carried a gun.

The Crow is not the average super hero comic. He's not really a hero at all, the story is one of revenge.

Blade is a bit closer to a hero, but still not within the normal mold.

I was a Batman fan before Burton's movie. I loved it when I saw it. Yes, I didn't think Keaton was a good choice....but then he pulled it off.

Yes, the rest sucked. The second one had some redeeming qualities, but still too many problems. The rest didn't even have redeeming characteristics. :tongue:

Batman would have been a much more dangerous guy if he would have carried a gun.

Mud i think REALISTICALLY ....he would....

The Crow is not the average super hero comic. He's not really a hero at all, the story is one of revenge.

I was a Batman fan before Burton's movie. I loved it when I saw it. Yes, I didn't think Keaton was a good choice....but then he pulled it off.

Yes, the rest sucked. The second one had some redeeming qualities, but still too many problems. The rest didn't even have redeeming characteristics. :tongue:

He's not really a hero at all, the story is one of revenge.

so is Batmans and the Punisher....

You guys take this shit seriously huh? Lol

Ftr I liked batman beginning where he was in that below ground dungeon the best. Although I loved Jacks joker

i was raised with comics in the late 50's and 60's.....Heath Ledger was the way the Joker is supposed to be.........a pure psychopath....

Batman may have been inspired to become a hero by revenge, but he became a hero. He protects the innocent, he saves people from criminals.

You have more of a point with the Punisher. That character has been kept intentionally morally murky. Some versions have been a bit heroic, others have not been at all. The Punisher has long finished the direct revenge aspect of his story, though. Of course, none of the Punisher movies were all that good. :tongue:

The Crow was not an ongoing series like Punisher or Batman. There was no need to make a character that acted heroic. It was a short series that revolved entirely around this revenge scenario. He and his girlfriend are killed, he comes back to get revenge on those who did it, comic ends. It wasn't a world of super heroes, he wasn't a vigilante of a Batman or Punisher stripe, he didn't want to go after anyone but those responsible for his and his girl's death. It was a very different dynamic than the average comic book hero.

I read the Crow and have read a decent amount of Batman and Punisher comics, so I'm not entirely speaking out of my ass. :lol:

Batman may have been inspired to become a hero by revenge, but he became a hero. He protects the innocent, he saves people from criminals.

You have more of a point with the Punisher. That character has been kept intentionally morally murky. Some versions have been a bit heroic, others have not been at all. The Punisher has long finished the direct revenge aspect of his story, though. Of course, none of the Punisher movies were all that good. :tongue:

The Crow was not an ongoing series like Punisher or Batman. There was no need to make a character that acted heroic. It was a short series that revolved entirely around this revenge scenario. He and his girlfriend are killed, he comes back to get revenge on those who did it, comic ends. It wasn't a world of super heroes, he wasn't a vigilante of a Batman or Punisher stripe, he didn't want to go after anyone but those responsible for his and his girl's death. It was a very different dynamic than the average comic book hero.

I read the Crow and have read a decent amount of Batman and Punisher comics, so I'm not entirely speaking out of my ass. :lol:

the Crow has a whole series of Graphic Novels.....so it just did not end...there are five different Crows (in the novels).....and whether you like it or not.....Comic Vine one of the major listers of Comics has the Crow classified as a "Super Hero" because he has abilities and fights evil.....just the way it is....

the 3rd Punisher movie was considered by the Punishers fan club i guess you can call them..... to be vastly superior to the others.....they gave it a high ranking.....

Last edited:

the Crow has a whole series of Graphic Novels.....so it just did not end...there are five different Crows (in the novels).....and whether you like it or not.....Comic Vine one of the major listers of Comics has the Crow classified as a "Super Hero" because he has abilities and fights evil.....just the way it is....

the 3rd Punisher movie was considered by the Punishers fan club i guess you can call them..... to be vastly superior to the others.....they gave it a high ranking.....

Bah. First, I don't count all the different Crow characters as one hero, so that's not really a good argument. Second, at least in the original, he wasn't fighting evil so much, he was avenging his and his fiance's murder. It was very specific, he didn't concern himself with the evils of the world, just what had been done to him. Third, I don't care if Comic Vine calls the Crow a super hero. The character simply does not fit into the traditional super hero mold.

Powers don't make a comic book hero. Batman has no powers, but is a comic book hero. In fact, there is an entire Batman, Inc. currently filled with non-powered heroes. Many villains have powers and are clearly not heroes. Powers are only indicative of the difference between hero and super-hero.

The third Punisher movie may have been the best of the bunch (which was the third? The Jane/Travolta one, or that War Zone version?) but that doesn't say much. It's like picking one of the Fast and Furious movies or the Transformers movies and saying they are the best of the bunch. That's the best in a pile of shitty movies. :tongue:

Bah. First, I don't count all the different Crow characters as one hero, so that's not really a good argument. Second, at least in the original, he wasn't fighting evil so much, he was avenging his and his fiance's murder. It was very specific, he didn't concern himself with the evils of the world, just what had been done to him. Third, I don't care if Comic Vine calls the Crow a super hero. The character simply does not fit into the traditional super hero mold.

Powers don't make a comic book hero. Batman has no powers, but is a comic book hero. In fact, there is an entire Batman, Inc. currently filled with non-powered heroes. Many villains have powers and are clearly not heroes. Powers are only indicative of the difference between hero and super-hero.

The third Punisher movie may have been the best of the bunch (which was the third? The Jane/Travolta one, or that War Zone version?) but that doesn't say much. It's like picking one of the Fast and Furious movies or the Transformers movies and saying they are the best of the bunch. That's the best in a pile of shitty movies. :tongue:
I don't care if Comic Vine calls the Crow a super hero.

well when you become one of the Authorities in the Comic World then i will take into consideration what you say....they have a little bit more on their side than you or me.....

Powers don't make a comic book hero.

never said it did.....

Batman has no powers, but is a comic book hero.

thats right....he is also Considered a Super Hero because he fits the criteria laid out,like a Secret Identity,a Costume,amazing gadgets.....etc....

Many villains have powers and are clearly not heroes

thats because they dont fight evil......:eusa_eh:

and it was the War Zone Punisher movie.....Thomas Jane was no Punisher....

well when you become one of the Authorities in the Comic World then i will take into consideration what you say....they have a little bit more on their side than you or me.....

never said it did.....

thats right....he is also Considered a Super Hero because he fits the criteria laid out,like a Secret Identity,a Costume,amazing gadgets.....etc....

From what I've read, Jane was actually decently well liked as the Punisher. He did a short called Dirty Laundry that wasn't too bad.

Punisher really isn't a great movie character though. Most iterations of the Punisher don't have enough depth.

If Comic Vine is an authority of some sort, well, I've never known. :) The definition of super hero I've always seen is that the hero must have some sort of powers. That's what the super is about. :tongue:

never said it did.....

From what I've read, Jane was actually decently well liked as the Punisher. He did a short called Dirty Laundry that wasn't too bad.

Punisher really isn't a great movie character though. Most iterations of the Punisher don't have enough depth.

If Comic Vine is an authority of some sort, well, I've never known. :) The definition of super hero I've always seen is that the hero must have some sort of powers. That's what the super is about. :tongue:
i have a definition from a Comic Encyclopedia that i have that was given by Marvel and DC who share ownership of the United States trademark for the phrases "Super Hero" and "Super Heroes".......and according to what they have......as long as that non-powered guy has
Extraordinary abilities
a Strong Moral Code
a Secret Identity
a Costume
a Head Quarters
and a supporting Cast of Villians.....he/she is considered a Super Hero.....

Forum List

Back