They are trying to erase Captain James T. Kirk from history........how dare they....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Captain Kirk is the best Captain in Star Trek.....he was the first, and best.......the new movies didn't do him justice....

Now?

The leftists....the fascists....are erasing Capt. Kirk from history...

“Has anyone at Paramount come out with an official explanation for this MASSIVE FLUB?” someone asked.

“It’s not the first time it’s been going on for years,” Shatner replied. “It makes no difference to me that a group who think they are ‘enlightened’ (or whatever they think they are) obviously feels threatened by the Kirk character.”

“It’s a character from a 1960’s TV show- get over it.”

To prove this point, Shatner included a promotional photo celebrating Star Trek Day, where much less popular characters are front and center. Shatner’s Kirk is nowhere to be seen:
-----
Shatner added:

It doesn’t bother me in the least. A bunch of self righteous strangers thinking they are sending a message by erasing the past? Who is going to forget? It’s everywhere. It’s so indoctrinated that it will take many generations to be forgotten, no matter what they do. Let it be.
And it shouldn’t bother Shatner because consider the source: blacklisting fascists threatened by 1) Kirk’s unapologetic masculinity, 2) Kirk’s eternal popularity, and 3) Shatner’s incredible success.

How many people can come close to replicating William Shatner’s success?
-----

But in this near-dystopia, heroic, masculine men like James Kirk and icons unafraid to speak their piece like William Shatner must be silenced, purged, and punished. Shatner’s James Kirk must be erased for the same reason Indiana Jones is emasculated, Luke Skywalker is branded a child killer, and one icon after another is eliminated and replaced with affirmative action hires.

Captain Kirk is the best Captain in Star Trek.....he was the first, and best.......the new movies didn't do him justice....

Now?

“Has anyone at Paramount come out with an official explanation for this MASSIVE FLUB?” someone asked.

“It’s not the first time it’s been going on for years,” Shatner replied. “It makes no difference to me that a group who think they are ‘enlightened’ (or whatever they think they are) obviously feels threatened by the Kirk character.”

To prove this point, Shatner included a promotional photo celebrating Star Trek Day, where much less popular characters are front and center. Shatner’s Kirk is nowhere to be seen:
-----
Shatner added:

And it shouldn’t bother Shatner because consider the source: blacklisting fascists threatened by 1) Kirk’s unapologetic masculinity, 2) Kirk’s eternal popularity, and 3) Shatner’s incredible success.

-----

But in this near-dystopia, heroic, masculine men like James Kirk and icons unafraid to speak their piece like William Shatner must be silenced, purged, and punished. Shatner’s James Kirk must be erased for the same reason Indiana Jones is emasculated, Luke Skywalker is branded a child killer, and one icon after another is eliminated and replaced with affirmative action hires.

Did he miss Star Trek: Strange New Worlds?

Happens with age. :)

And who is going to dress up like Captain Kirk anyway? You're just a white nerd in a dumb shirt. The other characters have traits that identify them.

Kathryn Janeway was the best Captain in Star Trek, and had the most challenging situation to deal with. She was also the toughest.

Not even close.....She wasn't even Captain of a real starship.....just a tiny little one...

Kathryn Janeway was the best Captain in Star Trek, and had the most challenging situation to deal with. She was also the toughest.
I think the best Captain in Star Trek is Sisko. Deep Space Nine was dark and gritty. In retrospect, it was the best of the Star Trek series. Took a bit of getting used to after TOS, the movies, and STNG

"In The Pale Moonlight" for me anyway ranks as the BEST Star Trek episode ever made.

Now?

-----
Shatner added:

-----

I guess that's what you get when you boldly go where no man has been before.

Now?

-----
Shatner added:

-----

Bill Can Redeem Himself by Wearing a Dress and Emoting TDS

I think the best Captain in Star Trek is Sisko. Deep Space Nine was dark and gritty. In retrospect, it was the best of the Star Trek series. Took a bit of getting used to after TOS, the movies, and STNG

"In The Pale Moonlight" for me anyway ranks as the BEST Star Trek episode ever made.
That's a great episode.

Sisko was a great Commander/Captain, but rarely commanded a ship. That series is very good, but they lost me frequently with the Kai Winn Adami/Bajoran mysticism stuff.

They are trying to erase Captain James T. Kirk from history​

The original series is a canonical success. It built the entire franchise. More likely the real reason these minor characters are front and center now is because they are trying to appeal to newer audiences to try to get more interest in their newer series which they have invested in heavily, but have not done nearly as well.

Now?

-----
Shatner added:

-----

I have all seven of the original Star Trek movies which are classics. I watch reruns of the original TV series frequently.

Star Trek was pure imaginative, creative entertainment in its day and now still. The characters, even the Klingons and Vulcans, Khan, etc., were believable and seemed be belong in that time and setting. And not only did it entertain, but it made you think, stretch your imagination and perspective. You were torn between appreciating Spock's impeccable ethics by denying emotional responses vs Kirk's more emotional intuitive and creative ability that often found solutions that pure reason could not.

But for sure men were men in Star Trek, especially Kirk, and despite their rank, status, ability, importance, women were women. There was absolutely no gender confusion ever. And women were neither oppressed nor suffered any form of disrespect, at least because they were women. That was way WAY ahead of its time.

But alas. Normal men and women are now allowed in the world of 'woke'. So like all American history, traditions, customs that don't fit the 'woke' doctrines, Kirk must be destroyed, denied, forever buried from the human experience, forgotten.

Just one more reason to despise 'wokeism' and all it is trying to force upon us.

Forum List

Back