Stalking the interstates?

I'm not sure I'm comfortable knowing there are drivers on the highways that are busy shooting pictures of scenery instead of concentrating on driving.

Driving a car is pretty much the only time during your daily life when you have the potential of involuntarily taking someone's life. Why the hell would you not be as responsible with it as you can?

Don't fret. It was ona them murkins. No danger.
He's probably home BBQ'ing someones child while watching Okrah.

Man.... you need to shut the fuck up about "murkins." Don't you realize what kind of a fuckin' idiot you sound like?

Barb ... you were so close ... so close. Too bad you couldn't have stopped in for a cup of coffee or something, on your way out to the Pike.
I hope you enjoyed your time on the Cape.

Most of the time, I mind my own business out on the road. Paying little attention to the drivers around me. Their vehicles yes, but not them. Scary stuff Barb. I hope your ride on the Mass Pike was uneventful. Be careful out there! The weather sucks today!

So, while hurtling through space up I-495 on my way from Cape Cod to the Mass Pike, fighting wind and rain, I notice this WEIRDO who decided to scare the shit out of me by driving along side of me, and staring in my window. I got away from him, he would catch up, and when I slowed down, he would slow down. I finally had to show him my phone to let him know would call the police to make him go away.:evil:

Was that just some random shit, or does this happen to lone female drivers a lot these days? :eusa_eh:Its been a while since I drove any long distance without at least one of my kids in the car, but I used to take long road trips alone all the time and that never happened. :doubt:

You should have held up your Glock.

In Massachusetts?! They allow people to own and carry guns? In their cars?! What's the world coming to, is Mass becoming free once again?

Yes Barb, the cell phone thing works WONDERS!

I've done that too, acted like I was calling the police and reporting their license plate #, that scares them most of the time. I've had guys follow me so much I would drive to the police station, one freak even followed me in there, until he realized where I was going the asshole.

Freakazoid freakbos on the road.................:cuckoo:

Barb ... you were so close ... so close. Too bad you couldn't have stopped in for a cup of coffee or something, on your way out to the Pike.

Most of the time, I mind my own business out on the road. Paying little attention to the drivers around me. Their vehicles yes, but not them. Scary stuff Barb. I hope your ride on the Mass Pike was uneventful. Be careful out there! The weather sucks today!

Aww, I didn't know you lived in Mass! I love the ocean, and it was really nice, but one night is too short a stay for a five (or so with all the wind and rain) trip. I'd love to live there!

Aww, I didn't know you lived in Mass! I love the ocean, and it was really nice, but one night is too short a stay for a five (or so with all the wind and rain) trip. I'd love to live there!
Born and raised. I'm more of a north shore kinda girl, only visiting the Cape on occassion. Regardless, the Atlantic is beautiful along all of the coast line of MA, NH and ME. ( Okay, maybe not Revere Beach )

Born and raised. I'm more of a north shore kinda girl, only visiting the Cape on occassion. Regardless, the Atlantic is beautiful along all of the coast line of MA, NH and ME. ( Okay, maybe not Revere Beach )

I would have loved ANY part of the shore. God knows that North shore would have been closer to home :)
Ah, what we do for our kids. In any case, I loved it there. Anywhere at the ocean is good for me. The air is so fresh, the ocean soaks up ALL my stress and washes it away.

So, while hurtling through space up I-495 on my way from Cape Cod to the Mass Pike, fighting wind and rain, I notice this WEIRDO who decided to scare the shit out of me by driving along side of me, and staring in my window. I got away from him, he would catch up, and when I slowed down, he would slow down. I finally had to show him my phone to let him know would call the police to make him go away.:evil:

Was that just some random shit, or does this happen to lone female drivers a lot these days? :eusa_eh:Its been a while since I drove any long distance without at least one of my kids in the car, but I used to take long road trips alone all the time and that never happened. :doubt:

That had to be fuckin scary. I am glad my state has the carry concealed law. We have a lot less road rage now, (I realize rage was not the case here).
Don't be so sure about motive. Trying to make sense out of crap like this is usually a loser's game.

Defuse any situation where driving a car is involved. Driving can be dangerous as can stopping in the middle of nowhere or traffic.

I used to carry weapons in my car. I once had an incident I won't bore you with, but to say I was caught unaware of something and my car was stopped/blocked by another. I had no idea what was happening until it was too late, and the weapon under my seat was useless. I have quick instincts and did something which helped defuse the situation. It was tense for the next few miles, but everything worked out for the best and I got to my late night shift -- as security supervisor. lol

lesson learned? defuse any situation before it spirals out of control.

I would have loved ANY part of the shore. God knows that North shore would have been closer to home :)
Ah, what we do for our kids. In any case, I loved it there. Anywhere at the ocean is good for me. The air is so fresh, the ocean soaks up ALL my stress and washes it away.
I spent all last week on the waters' edge, up in Maine. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. I didn't want to leave. :(
Now ... being out on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean ... well that's even better! I love the water too Barb! Happy to hear you and your kids enjoyed yourselves!

That had to be fuckin scary. I am glad my state has the carry concealed law. We have a lot less road rage now, (I realize rage was not the case here).
Don't be so sure about motive. Trying to make sense out of crap like this is usually a loser's game.

Defuse any situation where driving a car is involved. Driving can be dangerous as can stopping in the middle of nowhere or traffic.

I used to carry weapons in my car. I once had an incident I won't bore you with, but to say I was caught unaware of something and my car was stopped/blocked by another. I had no idea what was happening until it was too late, and the weapon under my seat was useless. I have quick instincts and did something which helped defuse the situation. It was tense for the next few miles, but everything worked out for the best and I got to my late night shift -- as security supervisor. lol

lesson learned? defuse any situation before it spirals out of control.

Honestly, he was a blank. There was no anger involved, he was just and simply creepy.
I did diffuse it with the flash of the cell phone: he knew I would and could call the police. That was what made him speed ahead and get lost in traffic.

I always hated cell phones. Called it an electric leash. BUT, like Ringlel pointed out, I didn't see any police when this guy was playing with me, and it could have been ugly (for him!) if I didn't have one to scare him away.

Like most women, I'm not too choosy when I'm cornered. I'd rather not kill something, given the choice...but left without an option, oh well.

Forum List

Back