High speed rail proposal, would it work?

Where are you going to get the power for that system. It would need terawats of electricity. How are you going to keep animals from straying onto the tracks and derailing the trains? How are the trains going to cross the mountain ranges?
Other countries have been doing it for several decades.

Other countries have been doing it for several decades.

America's Transportation leader is an unqualified incompetent, chosen for his sexual preferences , instead of his knowledge in the field.

The kinds of bridges and tunnels they have in the Alps would fail under Mayor Petey- who IMHO, should be impeached for his loss of the Key Bridge in Maryland.

I remember when we had a sharp oriental chick in control of Transportation. Bridges weren't falling down all over the place.

America's Transportation leader is an unqualified incompetent, chosen for his sexual preferences , instead of his knowledge in the field.

The kinds of bridges and tunnels they have in the Alps would fail under Mayor Petey- who IMHO, should be impeached for his loss of the Key Bridge in Maryland.

I remember when we had a sharp oriental chick in control of Transportation. Bridges weren't falling down all over the place.
You want to impeach someone because a cargo ship took out a bridge? :uhoh3:

You want to impeach someone because a cargo ship took out a bridge? :uhoh3:

It was Petey's job to run the Transportation system. He failed.

And since he is at the top of the food chain, he needs to take responsibility, "The Buck Stops Here" is what President Truman had on his desk.

It was Petey's job to run the Transportation system. He failed.

And since he is at the top of the food chain, he needs to take responsibility, "The Buck Stops Here" is what President Truman had on his desk.
What possible responsibility could he have for a cargo ship losing power? How could he have prevented that?

Taking a train to work is only useful to a minority of people. In order to do it, you have to live close to a train station and work close to another train station. And your work hours have to correspond to the train schedule.

I suppose that its great if it does, but that is not very many people.

I envision a high-speed rail system as an alternate between driving or flying between destinations such as Pittsburgh and Chicago, Phoenix and Los Angeles, Boston and Miami, etc. Plus going back to the interstate system's military roots, in time of war it would be useful in transferring troops.

Indeed, a local commuter system is a totally different sort of beast.

It would be full every day. Amtrak is full everytime I ride it. High speed rail should be elevated and not have disruptions of other trains crossing the tracks or vehicle crossings.
The Acela line runs in a corridor of FORTY FOUR MILLION PEOPLE. There is no other location even close to that concentration of riders.

The proposed line in California is billions of dollars above budget and decades behind schedule. High-speed rail is not feasible in the United States except for the Acela line, which is already in place.

Forum List

Back