Stack The Court, Genius Move Democrats!

I can understand the Democrats complaint. The last time a Republican Senate approved a Democratic President's Supreme Court nominee was 1895 according to what I read. Plus what they pulled in 1968 and 2016 didn't help attitudes.
I don't like Biden's response of having a committee look into things. Would have preferred the approach of requesting Congress to come up with a Constitutional amendment to have a fixed number of SC justices but Biden himself not offering an opinion on how many justices that should be.

Hillary was supposed to appoint the 5th and final SCOTUS justice who would eliminated the 1st and 2nd Amendment; the 4th died right after 9/11

I think if Trump wins, he ought to really blow the Left's mind. Get reelected and stack the court himself! After Amy is in there, get the laws changed and put two more in there like her!

Imagine 4 more years of Trump AND an 8-3 conservative SCOTUS!

Liberals.jpg

JUST BECAUSE WE CAN

The last time a Republican Senate approved a Democratic President's Supreme Court nominee was 1895 according to what I read.

Ummm.....when did a Democrat President serve with a Republican Senate since 1895?

You're right, I should have included filibusters used by minority Republican Party to also block nominations.

By all means, list all the times the Republican minority did that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The last time a Republican Senate approved a Democratic President's Supreme Court nominee was 1895 according to what I read.

Ummm.....when did a Democrat President serve with a Republican Senate since 1895?

You're right, I should have included filibusters used by minority Republican Party to also block nominations.

The only successful SCOTUS filibuster in history was Democrats filibustering Neil Gorsuch.

Democrats tried to filibuster Alito and Rehnquist (for chief justice) but they failed.

Republicans have never tried to filibuster a Democrat SCOTUS nominee. Abe Fortus did have a cloture vote that failed, but both parties voted against him and it wasn't a filibuster. Democrats wanted LBJ to withdraw Abe so they didn't have to vote down their own President's chief justice nominee, and he did. Had LBJ not withdrawn him, they would have just voted him down, not filibustered him

Last edited:
Since the Senate has regressed to the "Tyranny of Democracy" to fill the federal bench as well as the Supreme Court with ideologues, I expect the Democrats to use every Constitutional measure to counter the Banana Republicans attack on our once great Republic.
Keeping the rules as was would have been smarter even if people got pissed off. Progs are the ones who change things. Repubs follow.

the vile tactics used to put her there will be regretted by the right.

Sounds awful!!!!

Tell me more about these vile tactics.
Apparently liberals no longer support hearings in which the full Senate may question a nominee. The very same tactics used since the dawn of the republic. Who knew an open process was so vile in the eyes of today's progs?

Sounds awful!!!!

Apparently liberals no longer support hearings in which the full Senate may question a nominee. The very same tactics used since the dawn of the republic. Who knew an open process was so vile in the eyes of today's progs?

Apparently, it's the vote that the ,republicans are so opposed to. You know, like when McConnel refused to have a vote on Garland, or all those federal judges that Obama nominated? Why do you think there were so many federal judge seats open when Trump was inaugurated?

Sounds awful!!!!

Apparently, it's the vote that the ,republicans are so opposed to. You know, like when McConnel refused to have a vote on Garland, or all those federal judges that Obama nominated? Why do you think there were so many federal judge seats open when Trump was inaugurated?
Sounds like a scheduling issue to me. There were open seats because the Obama/Biden administration were lazy and inept. Plus the liberal media promised everyone Hillary was going to win. Never heard her whining about open seats. Why do you think that is?

Since the Senate has regressed to the "Tyranny of Democracy" to fill the federal bench as well as the Supreme Court with ideologues, I expect the Democrats to use every Constitutional measure to counter the Banana Republicans attack on our once great Republic.
Keeping the rules as was would have been smarter even if people got pissed off. Progs are the ones who change things. Repubs follow.

McConnell started off by blocking all of Obama's lower court nominees with the 60 vote Cloture rule. Forcing Reid to change the cloture rule for the lower courts nominees. McConnell, when the Banana bunch to control, changed the rule to include Supreme Court Justices that could be appointed by a simple 50% +1 majority. It was a raw political power move when he blocked hearing on Garland and it's raw political power move to shove Barrett down Americans throats now. Don't be surprised if the Democrats use raw political power to even the playing field.

McConnell started off by blocking all of Obama's lower court nominees with the 60 vote Cloture rule. Forcing Reid to change the cloture rule for the lower courts nominees. McConnell, when the Banana bunch to control, changed the rule to include Supreme Court Justices that could be appointed by a simple 50% +1 majority. It was a raw political power move when he blocked hearing on Garland and it's raw political power move to shove Barrett down Americans throats now. Don't be surprised if the Democrats use raw political power to even the playing field.
For the last four years America has seen what sore losers liberals are, now you are making the case you folks will be sore winners too? You folks haven't even won anything yet. Good luck...

For the last four years America has seen what sore losers liberals are, now you are making the case you folks will be sore winners too? You folks haven't even won anything yet. Good luck...

You could look at it that way, but you could also look at it like Americans have seen the true colors of the Banana Republicans, marching in lock step under orders from their all powerful authoritarian regime, and are eager to replace them. We'll know soon enough.

McConnell started off by blocking all of Obama's lower court nominees with the 60 vote Cloture rule.

All of them? I don't believe you. Link?

How stupid are you? You thought Republicans increased the number of justices? You need to take a civics class again. Don't go to government schools this time, stupid ass.
Were you homeschooled?
Your alma mater?
View attachment 401570
Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 7 POTUS elections, yet they are on track to seat 5 of the last 7 SCOTUS justices.

Can you spell U-N-D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T-I-C?

The US is NOT a D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

McConnell started off by blocking all of Obama's lower court nominees with the 60 vote Cloture rule.

Start at about 1:45

It said last 2 years, when Republicans had the majority, not "all of Obama's lower court nominees".

It said last 2 years, when Republicans had the majority, not "all of Obama's lower court nominees".

OK. You win . Facts are facts. McConnel blocked federal judges for the 2nd half of Obama's term leaving 105 empty seats for Trump to fill. Scholars referred to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's actions during this time as a blockade of judicial appointments.

McConnel blocked federal judges for the 2nd half of Obama's term

How many of Obama's nominees did he actually block?
It wasn't 105. So how many was it?
How many judges did Obama nominate after the 2014 elections that the Senate blocked?
Show your facts.

Forum List

Back