St Louis vs Seattle

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
At Seattle. Last game of the regular season for both teams.

Seattle MUST win to have an opportunity to gain HFA in the NFC which could STILL be lost if Green Bay and Detroit should tie.

If THAT happens Dallas can sneak in to the #1 seed in the NFC.

well dont have to worry about that.the packers just liek the donkeys are amuch different tem at home as it the Lions so that game wont be even close.

and the lambs winning in seattle is just as funny to even think about since for the umpteeenth year in a row the saint louis lambs will go into the clink with a washed up quarterback.lol.

In the last meeting a few weeks ago the Rams pulled some trick plays that caught the Hawks off gaurd. Fake punts...etc

This time there will be no off gaurd plays. This game is strictly business... no funny business.

I believe that the possibility of a week off between this and the next game will loom large in motivating the Hawks tomorrow.

Home field advantage has some advantages but it's not like the team will get to sleep in their own beds. Both teams sleep in hotel beds the night before the playoff games.

In some ways there are more distractions for the home team being closer to their friends and families.

The HUGE advantage is on game day and the crowd being on your side.

Kearse is out maybe for the season and Unger, the fragile one, is iffy. I think the way Lewis played in the Arizona game he should have the center position and its Unger who needs to win it back. The other fragile one, Okung should be placed on the bubble...he spends more time on IR than on the field, at least it seems that way.
But no matter... none of those players will make a different this weekend whether they play or not. Seattle wins easily going away.
Fact is Kearse has been a non-factor this years and his stats prove it.

In the last meeting a few weeks ago the Rams pulled some trick plays that caught the Hawks off gaurd. Fake punts...etc

This time there will be no off gaurd plays. This game is strictly business... no funny business.
oh yeah this time they will be focused and it will be all business.last time they were not focused and did not have their head in the game,they were not prepared fro that last time,this time they will and wont take it lightly this time either.

Kearse is out maybe for the season and Unger, the fragile one, is iffy. I think the way Lewis played in the Arizona game he should have the center position and its Unger who needs to win it back. The other fragile one, Okung should be placed on the bubble...he spends more time on IR than on the field, at least it seems that way.
But no matter... none of those players will make a different this weekend whether they play or not. Seattle wins easily going away.
Fact is Kearse has been a non-factor this years and his stats prove it.

I agree entirely with the exception that Kearse is a home grown player and it is nice to see local kids make it in the pros.

I'm done with Okung. He gets way more penalties than any pro bowler should. He is hurt more often than not. AKA he is undependable.

I used to have hopes for our former pro bowl center but he is just as undependable as Okung. He is an injury magnet.

The O-Line performed just fine without both of those guys last week.

I agree that both need to earn their way back on the starting team but frankly I don't care ...I hope they don't.

Aound eight weeks the last of ALL of youz guiz wrote off MY Hawks.

Nary a one of you dared stand shoulder to shoulder with Ol HUGGY supporting the Seahawks and gaurandamnteeing they would have HFA for the playoffs.

Well Sports...here we are at the precipice of the unthinkable(by you!)

The line forms right here after the game for your sincerest and most heartfelt apologies for doubting one of the best teams to ever play the game.

It seemed to take a while for the Seahawks to get going against the Rams. They were still losing late in the first half. I didn't see the game though, so I don't know what it was really like.

It seemed to take a while for the Seahawks to get going against the Rams. They were still losing late in the first half. I didn't see the game though, so I don't know what it was really like.

Sloppy...no..yes...no... an arrogant missed 4th and one giving them FP near the 50...a nice punt would have been a much better play. ANOTHER(2nd in last two games) Lynch fumble on our 32 after a great run.. a rare Wilson INT as a throw down the middle as Our Brave Little Russell Wilson was getting smashed in the chest and Richardson under timed the peak of his leap ... another possession on our side of the 50. All this in the first half. Oh and we missed a FG.

The Seahawks out gained the Rams 3-1 in half UNO. Wilson ended the game with 17 yards on the ground. He got stopped behind the LOS a few times. The Rams DO have a pretty good defense. Kept RW pretty much between the Hashes.

When we stopped giving St Louis the ball and started ripping it out of their possession the end came swiftly and repeatedly.

The Seahawks ended the season strong. Watching the other games I see Dallas as a good match..they were not way out in front until the very end of their game. We will destroy Green Bay. The Lions don't stand a chance. I keep hearing that the Panthers are set up to give the Hawks a tussle. We will make their QB cry...go back to wearing towels on his head.

Unless the ball bounces horribly and often the Hawks should have an easy time with the NFC.

Listening to post game interviews it seems that Michael Bennett at half time gave both a pep talk and an ass chewing trying to wake people up. Seemed to work.

Listening to post game interviews it seems that Michael Bennett at half time gave both a pep talk and an ass chewing trying to wake people up. Seemed to work.

Sloppy...no..yes...no... an arrogant missed 4th and one giving them FP near the 50...a nice punt would have been a much better play. ANOTHER(2nd in last two games) Lynch fumble on our 32 after a great run.. a rare Wilson INT as a throw down the middle as Our Brave Little Russell Wilson was getting smashed in the chest and Richardson under timed the peak of his leap ... another possession on our side of the 50. All this in the first half. Oh and we missed a FG.

The Seahawks out gained the Rams 3-1 in half UNO. Wilson ended the game with 17 yards on the ground. He got stopped behind the LOS a few times. The Rams DO have a pretty good defense. Kept RW pretty much between the Hashes.

When we stopped giving St Louis the ball and started ripping it out of their possession the end came swiftly and repeatedly.

The Seahawks ended the season strong. Watching the other games I see Dallas as a good match..they were not way out in front until the very end of their game. We will destroy Green Bay. The Lions don't stand a chance. I keep hearing that the Panthers are set up to give the Hawks a tussle. We will make their QB cry...go back to wearing towels on his head.

Unless the ball bounces horribly and often the Hawks should have an easy time with the NFC.

Those missed field goals could be an issue. Against a team like Detroit, which also has a very good defense, field goals may be important. What's up with Houschka this year? He seems to have missed a bunch.

Our Defense played very good in the first half and lights out in the second.

The Offense seemed to be testing the Cards in the first half mixed with some overconfident plays that made it a whole lot closer than it needed to be. Without the errors we imposed at our own feet the score should have been 21-0 at the break and double that at the end.

The final outcome was never really in doubt. The Hawk Defense gives the team the confidense to take unneccesary chances. I didn't see any team yesterday that will be able to rack up enough points to put any game out of reach. We could lose of course...tha damned ball CAN and DOES bounce in mysterious ways. Fact of the matter is that there is just a boatload of talent on the Seahawks team in so many areas that all things being equal we should repeat fairly easily this season's playoffs and SB. HFA will be a seriously unfair advantage for a team with superior talent.

I don't care what the pundits say...Russell Wilson is just such an advantage on offense that the Hawks are just NEVER truly out of it til the clock runs dry.

The SICK part is that since we have weathered the first SB win exodus of talent this VERY young team is just going to continue to get better for SEVERAL years.

I used to be HOPEFULL of a dynasty up here in the Emerald City..now it is a certainty. IMHO anyway.

Those missed field goals could be an issue. Against a team like Detroit, which also has a very good defense, field goals may be important. What's up with Houschka this year? He seems to have missed a bunch.

I KNOW!!!! I gues we will have to make it up with TD's and SAFETIES!!!!

I'm sure you would consider another team's kicker missing a lot of FGs to be an advantage for the Hawks, considering how few points they tend to give up anyway. Well, the Lions are 3rd in scoring D, 2nd in yards given up, and 1st in rushing D. They could certainly have a chance at holding the Hawks to some FG tries rather than TDs. If Houschka misses a few, that might turn a game.

Of course, the Lions offense has been pretty crappy, so probably not, but you never know in a one-and-done playoff game.

saw the game yesterday and this is WHY I am not impressed with seattles offense as of yet.as I said in the Arizona game,the cards kept that game close in the first half like I said they would because of their defense.

Had the seahawks blown the game wide open and the game was long over with by halftime like it was in the superbowl last year,then I would have been impressed with their offense but that's not what happened.

what happened in that game was the cards defense got tired from so many three and outs in the first half having to be the field for so long that their tackling got sloppy which is why Wilson and lynch had their long runs and scored touchdowns since the defense was too tired to keep up with them in the second half.

the offense in this game only scored two field goals.it was the defense that scored touchdowns for them.the cowboys are very capable of coming into the clink and winning as they proved.the fact the seahawks struggled with a team that has a washed up has been quarterback should be a concern to hawks fans. sure the defense held them to six points but they also let them march down the field on them with a chance to cut the lead a couple of times.

you cant count on Romo making a boneheaded interception throw like hill did at a critical moment in the game which gave the hawks excellent field position for their first touchdown or one of their recievers letting a hawks defender take the ball out of their hands and run it in for a touchdown.

if not for those two mistakes and the third mistake they made of fumbling the ball at the end zone where they got a safety.this game would have been much closer.

If the Lambs were able to march down the field and make it a close game with a washed up, has been quarterback,this does not bode well for their defense if they have to face the cowboys again.remember they got murray who is their version of beastmode.

I'm sure you would consider another team's kicker missing a lot of FGs to be an advantage for the Hawks, considering how few points they tend to give up anyway. Well, the Lions are 3rd in scoring D, 2nd in yards given up, and 1st in rushing D. They could certainly have a chance at holding the Hawks to some FG tries rather than TDs. If Houschka misses a few, that might turn a game.

Of course, the Lions offense has been pretty crappy, so probably not, but you never know in a one-and-done playoff game.

while I would like to see the Lions go into big D and win I don't see that happening.

Forum List

Back