Spread the Wealth

Brings up another one actually......how do you feel about the bailout? Is it "needed and necessary" or "wealth redistribution" from your pocket to the Wall St. types?

You got it. That bailout was corporate welfare.

And Bush's tax breaks to the top 1 percent was the greatest redistribution of wealth in american history.

And the republicans love socializing....the losses.

Mccain will start calling obama's plan welfare. Why is sharing the wealth with us welfare?

He'll say that poor people who don't pay taxes will get a tax break. Funny thing is, most of his base doesn't pay taxes either.

And gunny makes less than $250k I bet. So he's voting against himself.

What, that the rich have been getting richer and the poor have been getting poorer? You can debate the reasons behind it, but the fact is there.

Problem here right off the bat is your response doesn't have anything to do with mine; which, is what you responded to.

I see accusations. I see nothing to back up accusations. = Baseless. Get it?

As far as your comment goes, there is no "fact" supporting that hackneyed cliche.

Problem here right off the bat is your response doesn't have anything to do with mine; which, is what you responded to.

I see accusations. I see nothing to back up accusations. = Baseless. Get it?

As far as your comment goes, there is no "fact" supporting that hackneyed cliche.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gunny again.

It’s just not that simple,

The reason is that the contract is made in 1 year increments to suppliers in exchange for a lower cost per unit. Flexibility costs money, the result may be counter intuitive, but it stems from the contracts used to supply WIC. The system has become more responsive since 1992 as better technology for tracking and inventory management have been adopted by the federal government.

It ties back to agricultural subsidies and the logic is that it’s better for the feds to buy surplus food and distribute it than it is for farmers to let food rot because it is not worth the cost to ship it to market.

It IS that simple. If you need it, use it. Getting it if you actually need it a joke in and of itself. If you don't, then that stupid, bureaucratic nightmare you call a government needs to have its head and ass wired just a little bit better than that. Screw "the system." I'm tired of that excuse.

Fix the damned system. Scrap it and start over if need be.

You got it. That bailout was corporate welfare.

And Bush's tax breaks to the top 1 percent was the greatest redistribution of wealth in american history.

And the republicans love socializing....the losses.

Mccain will start calling obama's plan welfare. Why is sharing the wealth with us welfare?

He'll say that poor people who don't pay taxes will get a tax break. Funny thing is, most of his base doesn't pay taxes either.

And gunny makes less than $250k I bet. So he's voting against himself.

I'm not babysitting you again. Do I need to start putting your posts into one thread again and cutting them out of semi-intelligent ones?

I'm not babysitting you again. Do I need to start putting your posts into one thread again and cutting them out of semi-intelligent ones?

through gop sponsored bills, corporations are enjoying loopholes, offshore mail drops, write downs, write offs, lax accounting practices, zero regulations, subsidies and tax breaks. The rich don't pay enough.

I know, the rich pay most of the taxes. Still, not enough.

They paid enough before reagan, but not since. imo.

It’s just not that simple,

The reason is that the contract is made in 1 year increments to suppliers in exchange for a lower cost per unit. Flexibility costs money, the result may be counter intuitive, but it stems from the contracts used to supply WIC. The system has become more responsive since 1992 as better technology for tracking and inventory management have been adopted by the federal government.

It ties back to agricultural subsidies and the logic is that it’s better for the feds to buy surplus food and distribute it than it is for farmers to let food rot because it is not worth the cost to ship it to market.

So bascially, Governent is big and STUPID

Lets just keep on keep on making it bigger. Geez

It makes about as much sense as farm subsidies.....lets see how that works out for our country:

Aired Friday, October 17, John Stossel lays out the case as to why we shouldn't want everything from government, and why we shouldn't expect life's answers from politicians.

ABC News

Yeah Yeah Yeah Redistribution of Wealth lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgAi4-LgCY]YouTube - The Day After Obama Wins[/ame]

So bascially, Governent is big and STUPID

Lets just keep on keep on making it bigger. Geez

It makes about as much sense as farm subsidies.....lets see how that works out for our country:

Aired Friday, October 17, John Stossel lays out the case as to why we shouldn't want everything from government, and why we shouldn't expect life's answers from politicians.

ABC News

I am not stating that the way WIC was run in 1992 was the best way. I am just pointing out the motivations behind providing benefits for a whole year. I have a cell phone contract and I cant go to them a month into a 12 month contract and say, “sorry guys, I know I signed up but I don’t want to go through with the contract, so don’t charge me anymore”. That’s what the Federal Government would be doing to the Department of Agriculture in order to cancel the order it placed for you and your family.

Ag would say “no, you budgeted for this family and we have already placed orders with suppliers (farmers) based on the numbers you (WIC) provided.” Their answer would be that the coupons have been bought and paid for on the day your application was approved.

I suppose they could just cancel the coupons and shred them, would that have made you feel better?

If you are going to reform WIC the first step is to eliminate the subsidies provided to agriculture in America, those are the people who are actually getting the government checks in exchange for WIC coupons.

The big down sided to that approach is that it would impact rural America far more than it would hit welfare mothers in the big city and so both parties electorate’s benefit from the current system.

BTW not a big Stossel Fan

It IS that simple. If you need it, use it. Getting it if you actually need it a joke in and of itself. If you don't, then that stupid, bureaucratic nightmare you call a government needs to have its head and ass wired just a little bit better than that. Screw "the system." I'm tired of that excuse.

Fix the damned system. Scrap it and start over if need be.

Do you support agricultural subsidies?

The big down sided to that approach is that it would impact rural America far more than it would hit welfare mothers in the big city and so both parties electorate’s benefit from the current system.

BTW not a big Stossel Fan

Like Stossel or not...you should watch that "Special" and see how Rural America is doing just fine with your tax money.....

through gop sponsored bills, corporations are enjoying loopholes, offshore mail drops, write downs, write offs, lax accounting practices, zero regulations, subsidies and tax breaks. The rich don't pay enough.

You want to talk lax accounting practices? why don't you read up on congressional accounting rules?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-08-02-deficit-usat_x.htm

The federal government keeps two sets of books.

The set the government promotes to the public has a healthier bottom line: a $318 billion deficit in 2005.

The set the government doesn't talk about is the audited financial statement produced by the government's accountants following standard accounting rules. It reports a more ominous financial picture: a $760 billion deficit for 2005. If Social Security and Medicare were included — as the board that sets accounting rules is considering — the federal deficit would have been $3.5 trillion.

These very rulse BTW are the reason it LOOKED like Slick Willie paid down the deficit when in fact he didn't.

why aren't you criticizing the government when it cuts itself a break?

Our governments, both federal and state, redistributes wealth or spreads the wealth around, DAILY....that is their Constitutional Duty, to appropriate tax money....

No matter how one looks at it, this is "spreading the wealth around" or redistributing wealth....our taxes are collected or taken from us and given to the government to use as they deem appropriate, within the bounds of the constitution.....

I don't think there is any getting around that......

I don't want any of my taxes going towards the killing of anyone...towards unnecessary, nonimminent war, or towards paying for abortions...but i don't mind a bit if it is used to help someone sick or in need...

Others on this board want their taxes to be spent on war and conquorring and being the big stick that hits and don't want a dime going towards those in need....

And even others don't want a dime of their taxes being used to fund the drilling for oil and would like to see more spent on developing alternativem non fossil fuels...

This is how it goes folks....gvt itself, all the elected and non elected officials are getting paid by taking our individual money and giving it to them....redistribution of wealth.

My father's pension from the Air Force, was taking my money and your money and giving it to him....and guaranteeing that he will always get it, even if the gvt goes bankrupt, he will get it...they will print money so that he gets it....there is no such guarantee within the private sector pensions for anyone....this is spreading mine and your wealth around....and i am not complaining that my father gets this pension, good for him!

to me, this is a topic that was meant to divide us....we are fighting over something that is a fact of life....taxes and how they are spent is redistribution of our own wealth in to different gvt programs, and salaries, and roads and post offices....and private contracts and halliburtons and Blackwaters and GE's and Boeings etc....

it stinks because our representatives are not good stewards of our money, but it is a fact of life...they take our taxes and spend it, making someone else richer that the money did not come from....

This is something we should agree on instead of fight over...even if we all have different ideas on how the money should be spent...

care

Last edited:

Bullshit. You advocate legalized theft. Taking from people what they have earned without their consent. You want to take from those who get their asses out there and earn the shit and redistribute it to those who don't. There's NOTHING fair about that, but then why would I expect that from the left?

Like everything else, you lefties just look for a way to get something without having to earn it.

Our governments, both federal and state, redistributes wealth or spreads the wealth around, DAILY....that is their Constitutional Duty, to appropriate tax money....

No matter how one looks at it, this is "spreading the wealth around" or redistributing wealth....our taxes are collected or taken from us and given to the government to use as they deem appropriate, within the bounds of the constitution.....

I don't think there is any getting around that......

I don't want any of my taxes going towards the killing of anyone...towards unnecessary, nonimminent war, or towards paying for abortions...but i don't mind a bit if it is used to help someone sick or in need...

Others on this board want their taxes to be spent on war and conquorring and being the big stick that hits and don't want a dime going towards those in need....

And even others don't want a dime of their taxes being used to fund the drilling for oil and would like to see more spent on developing alternativem non fossil fuels...

This is how it goes folks....gvt itself, all the elected and non elected officials are getting paid by taking our individual money and giving it to them....redistribution of wealth.

My father's pension from the Air Force, was taking my money and your money and giving it to him....and guaranteeing that he will always get it, even if the gvt goes bankrupt, he will get it...they will print money so that he gets it....there is no such guarantee within the private sector pensions for anyone....this is spreading mine and your wealth around....and i am not complaining that my father gets this pension, good for him!

to me, this is a topic that was meant to divide us....we are fighting over something that is a fact of life....taxes and how they are spent is redistribution of our own wealth in to different gvt programs, and salaries, and roads and post offices....and private contracts and halliburtons and Blackwaters and GE's and Boeings etc....

it stinks because our representatives are not good stewards of our money, but it is a fact of life...they take our taxes and spend it, making someone else richer that the money did not come from....

This is something we should agree on instead of fight over...even if we all have different ideas on how the money should be spent...

care

Their Constitutional duty? WHAT on Earth would they know about THAT? And just who made it their "Constitutional duty"? THEY did.

Has nothing to do with unfair taxation.

to me, this is a topic that was meant to divide us....

It's hard to read.....but it's a fact of government. Unfortunately most people will look at it and ignore it....but once you realize the game being played, well, then you have both eyes open and you can really see clearly that way!

This is the easy reading version:

In 1847 the London Communist League (Karl Marx and Frederick Engels) used Hegel's theory of the dialectic to back up their economic theory of communism. Now, in the 21st century, Hegelian-Marxist thinking affects our entire social and political structure. The Hegelian dialectic is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution. If we do not understand how the Hegelian dialectic shapes our perceptions of the world, then we do not know how we are helping to implement the vision. When we remain locked into dialectical thinking, we cannot see out of the box......continued:

What is the Hegelian Dialectic?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back