Don’t Worry, It’s Transitory

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Biden said inflation was just a transitory blip back in 2021. Yes, we all knew that was yet another lie from Joe.

Well here we are well into 2024, and guess what. Inflation is skyrocketing. Even The NY Times is tired with the bs lies.

“For months and even years, the mainstream news has sought to spin terrible inflation news. It’s not so bad, it’s just transitional, it’s getting better, it’s not really a problem, and all your gloom about the value of the dollar is in your head. Truly, in the past fortnight, we have been inundated with articles suggesting that the public is dumb as rocks for thinking that inflation is still a problem.

Yesterday morning: boom! The upward trend for the entire first quarter was solidly confirmed. We could be entering a second wave. It was so bad that not even the two most influential venues could deny it. The New York Times reported, “Inflation Stronger Than Expected.” The Wall Street Journal reported, “Hot Inflation Report Weakens Case for Fed’s June Rate Cut.” The accompanying editorial is even better: “The Inflation Thief Rises Again.”

Truly, I’m stunned by the highly unusual and rather brazen truthfulness of these headlines. I don’t think we’ve seen that in three years. Which makes me wonder: Maybe the problem is even worse! […]

In the 1970s, the devastation occurred in three distinct waves. Each time the trend improved, elites declared victory and the Federal Reserve moved in with rate cuts, thereby causing yet another round. Absolutely no one in charge anticipated the next wave. It came anyway.”

I love inflation. I earn more interest on my savings, and many things I buy wind up on sale (high prices reduce sales leading to bargain prices).

Move to Zimbabwe then. One trillion dollars for a loaf of bread.
The bread I buy has fallen in price. Probably because people are buying cheaper bread, thus few sales of my bread resulting in lower price. My favorite coffee, and ice cream, are also cheaper than before inflation hit.

The bread I buy has fallen in price. Probably because people are buying cheaper bread, thus few sales of my bread resulting in lower price. My favorite coffee, and ice cream, are also cheaper than before inflation hit.

This is called deflation ... our problem here is labor, not enough people producing bread, prices go up with shortages ... producers have to pay a higher wage to meet quotes ... it's either cut profit or raise prices ... and that's the easiest choice if there ever was an easiest choice ...

You are talking nonsense

BidenMunny2.jpg

As long as everyone abides by the terms of the loans we'll be ok. I don't hold any government notes but many of my fellow citizens do. When those notes mature they can roll the money into the private sector thus reducing government debt. Those who hold government debt don't seem too worried about it. Also, those who benefit from the interest are also paying taxes on the interest earned. The 50 percent of citizens that pay no Federal taxes aren't affected either way. Much of the Federal debt is held by institutions and managed company and State pension funds. Those notes add security and stability to various sectors of the economy. That's why many financial experts aren't too concerned about it.

Last edited:
It's just supply and demand. Regardless of general inflation individual products are subject to the usual market forces of supply and demand.
I think you are making up the results as you wish they were

I think you are making up the results as you wish they were
Don't take my word for it.

Some prices are falling​

"The inflation rate — 3.1% in November — tells us that overall prices are still rising.

But that figure is compiled from thousands of individual prices, some of which are going down while others are going up.

Over the last year, for example, the price of eggs has fallen more than 22%. Air fares have dropped more than 12%. And the price of smartphones has fallen by 14%."

Last edited:
Weatherman's bipolar schizophrenia is skyrocketing, not inflation.

It is up to 3.6 annually right now.

Biden said inflation was just a transitory blip back in 2021. Yes, we all knew that was yet another lie from Joe.

Well here we are well into 2024, and guess what. Inflation is skyrocketing. Even The NY Times is tired with the bs lies.

“For months and even years, the mainstream news has sought to spin terrible inflation news. It’s not so bad, it’s just transitional, it’s getting better, it’s not really a problem, and all your gloom about the value of the dollar is in your head. Truly, in the past fortnight, we have been inundated with articles suggesting that the public is dumb as rocks for thinking that inflation is still a problem.

Yesterday morning: boom! The upward trend for the entire first quarter was solidly confirmed. We could be entering a second wave. It was so bad that not even the two most influential venues could deny it. The New York Times reported, “Inflation Stronger Than Expected.” The Wall Street Journal reported, “Hot Inflation Report Weakens Case for Fed’s June Rate Cut.” The accompanying editorial is even better: “The Inflation Thief Rises Again.”

Truly, I’m stunned by the highly unusual and rather brazen truthfulness of these headlines. I don’t think we’ve seen that in three years. Which makes me wonder: Maybe the problem is even worse! […]

In the 1970s, the devastation occurred in three distinct waves. Each time the trend improved, elites declared victory and the Federal Reserve moved in with rate cuts, thereby causing yet another round. Absolutely no one in charge anticipated the next wave. It came anyway.”

Well we now know he lied geatly about the jobs reports, the supply chain problens, the massive extent that China will be involved in solar panels...and all you environmentalists that cheered the 30X30 program , guess what Pres Stupid and Lazy did ,bet you are too uninformed to even know IT IS MASSIVE

BLM proposes to open 22 million acres in Western states to solar development​

Well we now know he lied geatly about the jobs reports, the supply chain problens, the massive extent that China will be involved in solar panels...and all you environmentalists that cheered the 30X30 program , guess what Pres Stupid and Lazy did ,bet you are too uninformed to even know IT IS MASSIVE

BLM proposes to open 22 million acres in Western states to solar development​

Oh boy. America the beautiful!
1713137128482.jpeg

Forum List

Back