Spread the Wealth

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rayboyusmc, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    It's true that we have been doing this. But it's upward that we have been spreading it since Reagan first started his war on the middle class.

The gap between the haves and the haves not has increased.

Some people just love to vote against their best interest.

It is the middle class that makes this country work.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    You know RayBoy, I've been looking a this since McInsane started showing it.

We DO need to redistribute the wealth. Look at the bottleneck that has happened from the "trickle down theory" that has been promoted by 41 and 43. It's stagnant, because those at the top, don't want to let those down below have some.

Kinda like what happens with water when those at the top take most of the water, and the people at the bottom end up with a drought.

Nope......trickle down never works, but trickle up does. Check out the dude from India that won the Nobel Peace Prize for solving poverty in his country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    No.. in a free society you do not NEED to redistribute the wealth... only to ensure the freedom and liberty that ensures that everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of their own decisions, efforts, choices, investments, education, training, employment choices, etc to have the ability to make whatever success they can...

The funny thing with freedom that uber-lefties do not get... is that freedom does not only bring the good things in life.... inherently with freedom you have the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail.. the freedom to make both good and bad choices... the freedom to underachieve and overachieve.... the freedom to be lucky or unlucky (if you believe in luck)... if you love your freedom you embrace these facts and still support your freedoms even if you do not get the best result

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,775
    I guess then there are no free societies.

5. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    can't fool you
    ;)

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,775
    If only. :cool:

7. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Uber my ass.

Look at how wages have stagnated and CEO's salaries have skyrocketed. Look at how the gap in incomes has increased.

The middle class is the engine that drives the economics of this Nation not a few rich trickle downs.

I have worked all my life, so don't give me the shit that I want something for nothing.

I am tired of those with money and power telling US to get screwed and those who support this shit.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    And you or anyone else are owed it by whom and why?

The companies had the freedom to give their compensation packages however they wanted... whether I agree with them (which I do not), or you do, or Obama does, or Joe 6-pack does, or Bernie Ebbers does, or whomever

They had the freedom to do it as you have the freedom to complain about it... as you and I and everyone else has the freedom to invest in those companies or not... as you and I and everyone else has the freedom to be patrons of those companies or not

9. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    You're right...in a free society you DON'T need to re-distribute the wealth. However, this is no longer a free society, as our taxes are being sent to the richest, to be re-distributed to the poorest. However, the rich hold on to everything, and the poor get nothing.

And yes, the freedom to succeed means that you also have to work with the freedom to fail. However.......stacking the deck in your favor via predatory lending means that you're taking advantage of the situation.

10. nickd

nickd Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is not just the super rich that are going to have their wealth redistrubuted. It is any business that has a gross income of 250k. That figure is not that high and it will affect MANY small businesses. This will do nothing but hurt the economy.

I kind of hope Obama wins and puts this into action, so this way everyone can see what a disater of a plan this is.