Spread the Wealth

what cracks me up even more

is how the pubs will sit here and shit on the working man.

what is this you can be replaced in 15 seconds crap?

it's the monkey ceo's that can be replaced. hell you don't even notice when they are there or not.

take away a worker and the line doesn't move.

anyone who works hard in this country deserves to make a decent living, deserves a roof over their head, education for their kids, and decent health care.

And also to take more of their income and give to society below them that didn't work just as hard, just not smart. It is like telling LeBron James to give me more of your income because you are good at something that i'm not. Good incentive for me not to get better. Good incentive for LeBron to make his money elsewhere.

Last edited:
And also to take more of their income and give to society below them that didn't work just as hard, just not smart. It is like telling LeBron James to give me more of your income because you are good at something that i'm not. Good incentive for me not to get better. Good incentive for LeBron to make his money elsewhere.

I love how people seem to think that wealthy people are trapped and we can "soak" them.

Okay, how does giving government even more money, which means some people, rich, poor, whatever, will have less money facilitate that interest?
I didn't have a chance to answer this one before.

I realize there is a point at which taxes become a negative effect on someone's desire to earn money. I don't think we are at that point and for as long as I can remember, we never were.

I don't know that I think the government should get more money, needlessly. But I do think the government must have some money and I also think that we as a nation are so far in debt that raising everyone's taxes a tiny bit will be helpful.

I don't know how, really, any of us will be able to get a tax cut and I don't even know if we need one.

I have plenty. And at there very least your opinion has even less credibility. Simply because all of the things you say are well and good up to a point. Yes peopel raised under different circumstances will have better opportunities than others. But then people reach adult hood where success after that is based solely on the decisions of the individual. Some trust fund baby isn't going to stay wealthy if they don't put the effort in themsleves to do so.

Essentially what you are asking people to believe is success is simply fate, which is truly naive and self serving. As i said if it doesn't work out you have the easy excuse of simply saying hey it wasn't my fault. Regardless of the advantages someone has growing their success through the rest of their life rests sqaurely and solely on their own shoulders.
No, you mistake my meaning. There are different degrees of success. People can be moderately successful or wildly successful depending on how they apply themselves. But a lot of people in this country will never get to the point where they can apply themselves simply because they are victims of a vicious cycle called poverty.

I didn't have a chance to answer this one before.

I realize there is a point at which taxes become a negative effect on someone's desire to earn money. I don't think we are at that point and for as long as I can remember, we never were.

I don't know that I think the government should get more money, needlessly. But I do think the government must have some money and I also think that we as a nation are so far in debt that raising everyone's taxes a tiny bit will be helpful.

I don't know how, really, any of us will be able to get a tax cut and I don't even know if we need one.

Are you aware that corporations leave the US (and take jobs with them) because of taxes ?

No.. in a free society you do not NEED to redistribute the wealth... only to ensure the freedom and liberty that ensures that everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of their own decisions, efforts, choices, investments, education, training, employment choices, etc to have the ability to make whatever success they can...

The funny thing with freedom that uber-lefties do not get... is that freedom does not only bring the good things in life.... inherently with freedom you have the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail.. the freedom to make both good and bad choices... the freedom to underachieve and overachieve.... the freedom to be lucky or unlucky (if you believe in luck)... if you love your freedom you embrace these facts and still support your freedoms even if you do not get the best result

Ah, I have found an intelligent human. Bravo....are there any more of you or are we all alone in this land of OzWaitingForTheGuvmntToTakeCareOfMe?

It's true that we have been doing this. But it's upward that we have been spreading it since Reagan first started his war on the middle class.

The gap between the haves and the haves not has increased.

Some people just love to vote against their best interest.

It is the middle class that makes this country work.

Nice basesless bullshit. As usual.

I consider redistributing ANYTHING I earned from my pocket without my permission to be theft.

Answer your question?

Brings up another one actually......how do you feel about the bailout? Is it "needed and necessary" or "wealth redistribution" from your pocket to the Wall St. types?

A Long time ago.....My husband, a union carpenter, got laid off from his Union job. I was pregnant. Someone said to me.....you should go and get Wic! I had no idea what this was but I followed their advice and I went to social services and they gave me free cheese, cereal, milk etc.....
A few weeks later my husband got his job back. He was now earning a healthy $28.00 an hour ( this was in 1992) and we got our insurance back. I brought my husband's paycheck stub to Social Services and told them I didnt' need their services anymore, but thank you. My husband got his job back and I didn't need the free food. Thank You.

Know what they told me? "Oh nooooo, once you are on this you are on it for a year". I told them "But I don't need it anymore". And the lady behind the desk said...sorry, you are entitled to it so you mine as well take it. Here are your vouchers for this week.....

I was appalled.

And you wonder why the country goes broke? And you wonder why people on welfare stay on welfare and dont' have motivation to go out there and earn a living? Why should they? They will get whatever they need for free..why bother working?

A Long time ago.....My husband, a union carpenter, got laid off from his Union job. I was pregnant. Someone said to me.....you should go and get Wic! I had no idea what this was but I followed their advice and I went to social services and they gave me free cheese, cereal, milk etc.....
A few weeks later my husband got his job back. He was now earning a healthy $28.00 an hour ( this was in 1992) and we got our insurance back. I brought my husband's paycheck stub to Social Services and told them I didnt' need their services anymore, but thank you. My husband got his job back and I didn't need the free food. Thank You.

Know what they told me? "Oh nooooo, once you are on this you are on it for a year". I told them "But I don't need it anymore". And the lady behind the desk said...sorry, you are entitled to it so you mine as well take it. Here are your vouchers for this week.....

I was appalled.

And you wonder why the country goes broke? And you wonder why people on welfare stay on welfare and dont' have motivation to go out there and earn a living? Why should they? They will get whatever they need for free..why bother working?

I've worked with "system" and have watched them encourage taking benefits and apply for more. Those who work in the system need to feed it to keep the money flowing and keep thier jobs. It's all about numbers.

I was appalled.

It’s just not that simple,

The reason is that the contract is made in 1 year increments to suppliers in exchange for a lower cost per unit. Flexibility costs money, the result may be counter intuitive, but it stems from the contracts used to supply WIC. The system has become more responsive since 1992 as better technology for tracking and inventory management have been adopted by the federal government.

It ties back to agricultural subsidies and the logic is that it’s better for the feds to buy surplus food and distribute it than it is for farmers to let food rot because it is not worth the cost to ship it to market.

Forum List

Back