Spread the Wealth

Two words for you pal: Barney, Frank.

almost 60% of the subprime loans were lent by financial institutions not involved with Fannie Mae...

what's their excuse, huh....

don't you ever get tired of kissing all corporations rear ends, no matter what they do? Were you happy to take my tax money and give it to them?

NO ONE FORCED the big banks and mortgage brokers to do what they did...

to hold the borrower responsible and NOT the institutions themselves for making BAD, POOR, RIDICULOUS, GREEDY, FRAUDULENT AND NEGLIGENT business decisions is FAVORING the corporation and giving them a free pass for their own mistakes....And that's just wrong.

THEY CHOSE to make these business decisions that especially dicked their own stock holders and us all.

care

That's right Glock - it's all about "me, me,me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me,"

Of course you don't drive on public roads either, and if you suddenly have a massive heart attack and the closest hospital is a public one that could save your life, you'll just demand to go to a private one. Yeah, you're one of those nice, caring , sharing types ain't ya..:D

Funny that you should mention a selfish attitude. How many times have I read a post espousing how Obama's tax policies are going to benefit them? :D

First, my body is a temple, honed by hard work, wise consumption choices and exercise, and is thus unlikely to be inflicted with said attack. Second, that theoretical public hospital would be paid by my private insurance.

Oh really?... maybe you ought to look into some of the programs and laws again
Dave,

Here's the thing....these banks are private companies, even fannie and freddie... and if fannie and freddie have as much influence over congress as you all imply, NOTHING was done by them to stop this mess....with the people they line pockets in gold with....

also, i guess you did not note that 60% of the subprime mortgages were made by financial institutions that had no fannie and freddie backing....they DID THIS ON THEIR OWN...

They made these bad business decisions because of greed and nothing more.

fannie and freddie might have been the catalyst along with the fed continuing to keep money cheap....too cheap.

the banks were the ones begging fannie and freddie to cover more subprime loans... freddie and fannie did not go to them and offer up such....they came to fannie and freddie begging for them to do such and used our government's 40 year long goal of both Republican presidents like Bush and democratic presidents like Clinton ......of putting more and more people in to homes, as an EXCUSE.

To NOT hold these people responsible for their OWN NEGLIGENT to their stockholders decisions, is irresponsible and giving them the A-ok to dick us again.

Do you agree with mccain's $300 billion dollar bail out for homeowners?

care

So F&F "only" bought 60% of the crap loans, and that had no effect on the market? :cuckoo:

Is you mind completely devoid of simple economic theory or are you smoking crack this morning?

40%...60% were unsound loans made by mortgage brokers NOT INVOLVED WITH FANNIE/freddie....

Yeah, I benefit greatly from the IRS. :mad:

I use as few government services as possible. I have never collected welfare or unemployment. I've never had the police or social services come to my door. When a natural disaster struck my town, the government did not declare a "state of emergency" because we were all adequately, privately, insured. I don't use medicare or medicare because I pay for my own private insurance and pay the deductible out-of-pocket. I don't live in government subsidized housing.

And I wear a size 9 shoe, BTW, under 32 squared jeans. ;)

you use and benefit from and pay for all of the things i mentioned, whether you want to admit it or not...that's just a fact....

you might have a point with the irs though....:eek:

A Long time ago.....My husband, a union carpenter, got laid off from his Union job. I was pregnant. Someone said to me.....you should go and get Wic! I had no idea what this was but I followed their advice and I went to social services and they gave me free cheese, cereal, milk etc.....
A few weeks later my husband got his job back. He was now earning a healthy $28.00 an hour ( this was in 1992) and we got our insurance back. I brought my husband's paycheck stub to Social Services and told them I didnt' need their services anymore, but thank you. My husband got his job back and I didn't need the free food. Thank You.

Know what they told me? "Oh nooooo, once you are on this you are on it for a year". I told them "But I don't need it anymore". And the lady behind the desk said...sorry, you are entitled to it so you mine as well take it. Here are your vouchers for this week.....

I was appalled.

And you wonder why the country goes broke? And you wonder why people on welfare stay on welfare and dont' have motivation to go out there and earn a living? Why should they? They will get whatever they need for free..why bother working?

i was raised in welfare and now im a middle class man that is living pretty good despite the recession that we facing. i cant believe your story that you was trying to cancel your social benefits after your husband got a great paying job. you was entitled to benefits only for a year. not for a lifetime. people make it seem that social service is only for lazy people. my mom raised six children by herself had very little help while working for minium wage. that why she didnt get off the welfare program until we was all grown and manage ourself .

Dave,

Here's the thing....these banks are private companies, even fannie and freddie... and if fannie and freddie have as much influence over congress as you all imply, NOTHING was done by them to stop this mess....with the people they line pockets in gold with....

also, i guess you did not note that 60% of the subprime mortgages were made by financial institutions that had no fannie and freddie backing....they DID THIS ON THEIR OWN...

They made these bad business decisions because of greed and nothing more.

fannie and freddie might have been the catalyst along with the fed continuing to keep money cheap....too cheap.

the banks were the ones begging fannie and freddie to cover more subprime loans... freddie and fannie did not go to them and offer up such....they came to fannie and freddie begging for them to do such and used our government's 40 year long goal of both Republican presidents like Bush and democratic presidents like Clinton ......of putting more and more people in to homes, as an EXCUSE.

To NOT hold these people responsible for their OWN NEGLIGENT to their stockholders decisions, is irresponsible and giving them the A-ok to dick us again.

Do you agree with mccain's $300 billion dollar bail out for homeowners?

care

No care.. I believe in no bailout for individuals or companies... you make your decisions, you make your bed, you lay in it

i was raised in welfare and now im a middle class man that is living pretty good despite the recession that we facing. i cant believe your story that you was trying to cancel your social benefits after your husband got a great paying job. you was entitled to benefits only for a year. not for a lifetime. people make it seem that social service is only for lazy people. my mom raised six children by herself had very little help while working for minium wage. that why she didnt get off the welfare program until we was all grown and manage ourself .

Well, then they should have taken what they refused to let me stop getting and give it to someone who actually needed it, don't ya think???

THIS is why this country is broke!

Well, then they should have taken what they refused to let me stop getting and give it to someone who actually needed it, don't ya think???

But whatever will we do with all the social workers who will be out of a job? Put them on welfare ? :lol:

624121.jpg

40%...60% were unsound loans made by mortgage brokers NOT INVOLVED WITH FANNIE/freddie....

If you can't understand the concept of economic markets we can go no further with this.

you use and benefit from and pay for all of the things i mentioned, whether you want to admit it or not...that's just a fact....

you might have a point with the irs though....:eek:

When have I ever said that I had a problem with the enumerated powers of the feds? Is all the other crap that I don't use or want.

It's true that we have been doing this. But it's upward that we have been spreading it since Reagan first started his war on the middle class.

The gap between the haves and the haves not has increased.

Some people just love to vote against their best interest.

It is the middle class that makes this country work.

An Inheritance for All

An Inheritance for All | The American Prospect

Hillary Clinton's support for baby bonds is one of the boldest ideas we've seen so far -- and it could be funded by reinstating the federal estate tax.

In a forum sponsored by the Congressional Black Caucus, Clinton pushed beyond the banalities of campaign rhetoric to offer a bold idea: Every child should have the right to share in the inherited wealth created by preceding generations. Whether the child is a child of a single mom or a pair of yuppies, the kid remains an American. As a citizen, he or she should receive a baby bond of $5,000 that represents an inheritance from the wealth created by his predecessors.
By the time the child reaches 18, this bond will grow to $10,000 or more, depending on the interest rate, providing a citizen inheritance at a crucial moment of transition to adult life -- helping with the costs of college or job training, saving for a home or creating a rainy-day fund. Provided that the bond-holder has graduated from high school, it will be up to him or her to control the use of the money. That's what being a grown-up is all about -- taking responsibility for your choices. Some will blow away their inheritance, but millions will exercise their freedom wisely, and grow in the process.
Clinton's proposal has a rich history. In 1797, Tom Paine argued that a free republic shouldn't merely give its citizens an equal vote. It should provide women, as well as men, with a cash grant to foster economic independence as they begin adult life. Over the past decade, Paine's idea has enjoyed a renaissance among policy wonks here and abroad.
But it was Tony Blair who put citizenship inheritance on the map. Thanks to him, every Briton born on or after Sept. 1, 2002 now gets a baby bond of up to 500 pounds at birth, and a similar bond at the age of seven, with funds accumulating till the age of 18. Blair's effort to transform every citizen into a property owner was so attractive that the Conservative Party voted for his proposal in parliament, giving bipartisan support to the initiative.

I thought you conservatives liked less tax? Surely you won't mind getting some of your own money back, right? And being a consumer, you'd probably spend it, so it would be out in the system in no time...;O)

Uber my ass.

Look at how wages have stagnated and CEO's salaries have skyrocketed. Look at how the gap in incomes has increased.

The middle class is the engine that drives the economics of this Nation not a few rich trickle downs.

I have worked all my life, so don't give me the shit that I want something for nothing.

I am tired of those with money and power telling US to get screwed and those who support this shit.

Well, best stop being tired because it's not going to stop in your lifetime or anyone else's. You bottom feeders have only yourselves to blame. Try taking mine and I will simply move it to where you can't get it! Like me and my ilk have done since the dawn of human history.

Even in systems like the old Soviet Union (the worker's paradise...) the wealthy and powerful ALWAYS leave loopholes for themselves. And we other wealthy and powerful simply go right through them....

It's how it works.

The reason Liberalism NEVER takes hold for long is that it runs counter to fundamental human nature. It has ALWAYS failed and ALWAYS will.

Forum List

Back