Special Interest GRoups Hire Poor and Students to Astroturf Internet Forums

Odd that I have never heard about these job opportunities.

you have to look for them but they are easy to find. I knew of this happening years ago and researched it to prove my point. It was pretty darn easy to find the jobs listings.

It s not a job you answer a help wanted ad on. We are recruited based on our performance and you don't last long if you don't get results

Most paid Internet posters last a few months and are replaced. Guys like myself, JakeStarkey and rdean have lasted four years and counting

Odd that I have never heard about these job opportunities.

you have to look for them but they are easy to find. I knew of this happening years ago and researched it to prove my point. It was pretty darn easy to find the jobs listings.

It s not a job you answer a help wanted ad on. We are recruited based on our performance and you don't last long if you don't get results

Most paid Internet posters last a few months and are replaced. Guys like myself, JakeStarkey and rdean have lasted four years and counting

well, you are misinformed then, because there are listings you can find. You just have to look in the right places, dear.

well, you are misinformed then, because there are listings you can find. You just have to look in the right places, dear.

Those are like the "work at home" scam ads you see on phone poles

We top paid Internet posters are highly recruited and go through intensive training. It is not something you just walk off the street on

I was recruited off of another message board and given a new ID

Last edited:
While I won't dismiss the possibility that someone on USMB is paid to post here, I've always found the accusations of such to be self-aggrandizing. 'I'm so important, someone is paid to try and change my views!'.

Some people seem to have a very high opinion of what their own opinion is worth to others as well as a high opinion of the influence of USMB.

Personally, I get paid $5 a post and $1000 for every USMB poster I report to the Internet police

There was a poster her for awhile, driveby something. He stayed trying to peddle obamaworship then left. That was probably a paid internet astroturfer. Many aren't paid. They are the true believers and zealots to the cause of obama.

While the pay on this board is pretty good, I mostly do it for the dental benefits

An old but still controvercial topic, how multi-millionares like George Soros hire this nations poor and students to astroturf websites like this one.

First on the astroturfing topic:

You see them all over. Not as bad here as in forums I have cruised. They are always ready with bullshit charts and democrat talking points. There are some on a board I used to frequent, where I wish they had the same rules that apply here; that you can all an asshole lying shill what they are.

They are very easy to spot, and never very bright.

There's something so inherently pathetic about these sorts of rumors.

A combination of delusions of importance and a persecution complex.

No one cares about political message boards. It's not a worthwhile use of time or money for a campaign to pay people to post on message boards. It would serve no purpose at all.

No one cares about political message boards. It's not a worthwhile use of time or money for a campaign to pay people to post on message boards. It would serve no purpose at all.

You are hilarious.

You are hilarious.

And you are gullible, which is completely understandable. It's a big ego boost to believe that anyone cares what you have to say enough to hire people to argue against you.

But it's delusional. This is my field of expertise, I've been a political professional for years. I've worked for, or know people who work for all of the organizations that you live in fear of - SEIU, ACORN, etc. No organizer I've ever met would consider anonymous message boards as a legitimate use of resources.

This message board is recreation.

I believe the closest to a bot we have on here is clearly novasteve, at least if you try to identify it by narrowness of scope for the subject matter and thread start to actual meaningful participation ratio.

But even that doesn't make sense unless there is an Anti-Tranny-League somewhere paying him. ATL Stooge!

lol, I think we have a lot more than that, but I am not going to name any names.

Just look at all the people that make one sentence responses all the time that have no facts or thought behind them at all and I think you can figure it out pretty damned quick.

So two sentences count?

You are hilarious.

And you are gullible, which is completely understandable. It's a big ego boost to believe that anyone cares what you have to say enough to hire people to argue against you.

But it's delusional. This is my field of expertise, I've been a political professional for years. I've worked for, or know people who work for all of the organizations that you live in fear of - SEIU, ACORN, etc. No organizer I've ever met would consider anonymous message boards as a legitimate use of resources.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It would appear social media is not well understood by old political professors. There have been numerous accounts of social media spending by the DNC and it's affiliate benefactors. To deny the power of social media is actually silly coming from a senior moderator of a social media web site.

You are hilarious.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It would appear social media is not well understood by old political professors. There have been numerous accounts of social media spending by the DNC and it's affiliate benefactors. To deny the power of social media is actually silly coming from a senior moderator of a social media web site.

You're not understanding my point.

Social media is most certainly a legitimate organizational tool - a strong argument can be made that Obama won due to his campaign's embrace of social media for organizing.

But anonymous political message boards are not the same thing as Facebook. Social media as an organizational tool focuses on getting politically inactive friends connected to campaigns - whereas message boards like this one are useless in that regard, being anonymous, international, and most importantly, full of people who already have strong political opinions - not a target group for any organizer.

Forum List

Back