Internet outage

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

Federal agencies are 'urgently investigating' whether the massive cellular outage that plagued Americans on Thursday was a cyberattack.

The Federal Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are on the hunt to track down what disrupted service AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and a dozen other cellular providers.

While the agencies have not shared details, a security expert told DailyMail.com that the outage has hallmarks of a hack.

Comment:
We are very dependent upon the internet nowadays.
A large internet outage can disrupt everything.
AT&T is saying that it is a maintenance problem.
Remember life before the internet.

And BTW - life before the internet was just fine, the problem today is businesses TOTAL reliance on data centers and cloud computing.
Cheaper - but 1,000,000 times easier to take down than back in the day when businesses relied on client/server systems that were local.
Loss of internet, today, renders most businesses unable to sell a single item unless it is cash.

I said this at 7:00am this morning.

We are selling out land to China, and they are likely setting up technology within our borders to do just this.

And they know their "friend in the White House"... is absolutely not going to do a thing.
We will have 100,000 UNVETTED CHINESE NATIONALS in the country by the end of the year. Thanks to Biden dismantling all of Trump's border policies and lack of pressure on Obrador and other foreign leaders.

And BTW - life before the internet was just fine, the problem today is businesses TOTAL reliance on data centers and cloud computing.
Cheaper - but 1,000,000 times easier to take down than back in the day when businesses relied on client/server systems that were local.
Loss of internet, today, renders most businesses unable to sell a single item unless it is cash.
Not to mention that it's turned our youngest generations into anti-Social narcissists whose lives revolve around "Likes" and "selfies".

Federal agencies are 'urgently investigating' whether the massive cellular outage that plagued Americans on Thursday was a cyberattack.

The Federal Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are on the hunt to track down what disrupted service AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and a dozen other cellular providers.

While the agencies have not shared details, a security expert told DailyMail.com that the outage has hallmarks of a hack.

Comment:

Yes, I frequently ponder what torture the leftists would go through if there was a serious outage.

Craziness on a grand scale.

Yes, I frequently ponder what torture the leftists would go through if there was a serious outage.

Craziness on a grand scale.

Friend we would all be going crazy.
Unless you have cash, you won't be able to buy anything... not even food.
Many Gas pumps won't work either.
Your credit/debit cards won't work anywhere.
Banks cannot operate to get you cash, because they won't be able to access your accounts.
Most banks have redundant internet connections, and can even operate off cellular if necessary.
But if both are down... they can't see your money

Comment:

Biden's master Xi does this every time the dissidents get too uppity.

Hell, if I lost cell service I'd never even notice it.....My phone stays in the car.

That said:

IMG_9722-2979943.jpg

Banks cannot operate to get you cash, because they won't be able to access your accounts.
Most banks have redundant internet connections, and can even operate off cellular if necessary.

So, that's why I have plenty of cash in my safe.

Food, not a big deal. Got plenty.

Gas is not a big deal. Got a scooter converted to run off of ethanol, and plenty of that.

Might not be able to make it to the co-op because I'm conserving fuel, but the only difference there is that's where all my organic produce comes from -- like everything I grow in my own garden. And all the meat in the freezer.

IOW, I started getting ready for this years ago.

The silly folks who are so totally addicted to their devices and getting their food from McDonald's are the ones who are going to suffer.

I also live in a closely knit community. I know my neighbors and they know they can count on me.

Gas is not a big deal. Got a scooter converted to run off of ethanol, and plenty of that.

Might not be able to make it to the co-op because I'm conserving fuel, but the only difference there is that's where all my organic produce comes from -- like everything I grow in my own garden. And all the meat in the freezer.

The silly folks who are so totally addicted to their devices and getting their food from McDonald's are the ones who are going to suffer.

I also live in a closely knit community. I know my neighbors and they know they can count on me.

It's amazing to me that the typical city dweller does not have the provender to last them a week.

I searched Space.com for the lunar lander spacecraft that will land on the moon today after 6 p.m. for any coverage and saw that supposedly a couple of solar flares hit the earth and possibly caused some issues with cell phones.

JITD... look that up.
Grocery stores all over the nation totally and completely depend on "Just in Time" nationwide inventory chain.
Most grocery stores will cripple without internet food chain service.
It all depends on how long.
Right now, as in literally right now, experts are more than just a little concerned that AT&T still hasn't figured it all out.

JITD... look that up.
Grocery stores all over the nation totally and completely depend on "Just in Time" nationwide inventory chain.
Most grocery stores will cripple without internet food chain service.
It all depends on how long.
Right now, as in literally right now, experts are more than just a little concerned that AT&T still hasn't figured it all out.
Outages likely caused by the two recent X-class flares.

If we get a really big one along with a big CME, we might lose the electrical grid.

They restored it and are calling it a "cloud misconfiguration". Feels like something is being concealed. If they ride it out a day the dumb masses will have forgotten and moved on. If not, expect some useless gesture of a congressional hearing. Republicans are really good at those.

AT&T has not revealed what triggered the nationwide service disruption, though the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency said there is no indication of a cyberattack.

The most likely cause of the outage "is a cloud misconfiguration" which is "a fancy word for saying human error," Lee McKnight, an associate professor at Syracuse University's School of Information Studies, said in a statement.

The Federal Communications Commission is actively investigating the incident. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security are lending a hand.

Not sure how long cash would be viable. Might revert to a barter system pretty quickly.

Forum List

Back