Spanish government considers legal actions against US officials

We don't get the oil. We, as in, We The people of the United States of America. It isn't in your daily headlines but do a little poking around and you'll see who is getting the oil. The bidding for the oil, under the new privatized Iraqi oil law, is well underway.

We paid for the battle and to the crooked politicians and their oily friends, go the spoils.

And you guys are actually asking a VERY GOOD QUESTION, although I don't think you are asking the right people. WHERE THE FUCK, INDEED, IS THE OIL ?

We don't get the oil. We, as in, We The people of the United States of America. It isn't in your daily headlines but do a little poking around and you'll see who is getting the oil. The bidding for the oil, under the new privatized Iraqi oil law, is well underway.

We paid for the battle and to the crooked politicians and their oily friends, go the spoils.

And you guys are actually asking a VERY GOOD QUESTION, although I don't think you are asking the right people. WHERE THE FUCK, INDEED, IS THE OIL ?
gee, you mean the Iraqi government is controling that oil?

Consortiumnews.com

Who gets Iraq's oil? | Center for Investigative Reporting

The Washington Independent » All The Oil Companies Got Iraq for Its Birthday Was a 25 Percent Stake in Its Own Oil

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News - The Iraq oil grab that went awry

Nieman Watchdog > Ask This > The privatization of Iraq's oil reserves

How Bush's Iraqi Oil Grab Went Awry

Where is the oil ? We got it. What ? Did you think the US would offer free oil to every American or something ? We have taken Iraq's primary national resource and privatized it to the benefit of private oil corporations. It's about profit for big oil. Surprise, surpirse. Big oil man wins presidency and hooks up big, BIG TIME.

Again, you didn't think that oil was for us, personally did you ?

No dear, the once national wealth of Iraq is now up for private bids. They no longer control the majority of their own oil. We fixed that. And not an all bad thing. Wed get ours at the pump for the next few decades.

No dear, the once national wealth of Iraq is now up for private bids. They no longer control the majority of their own oil. We fixed that. And not an all bad thing. Wed get ours at the pump for the next few decades.
if people are bidding for the oil, then they are PAYING Iraq for the oil
thus Iraq is in control of it
you just defeated your own premise

They aren't bidding for the actual oil. That's not the way to really think about it. They are bidding for development rights. Sure, Iraq gets a 25% cut of it's own oil.

But, in any case, you can bicker all you want. That's where the oil went. Sweet, even secret and closed oil deals for western oil companies.

They aren't bidding for the actual oil. That's not the way to really think about it. They are bidding for development rights. Sure, Iraq gets a 25% cut of it's own oil.

But, in any case, you can bicker all you want. That's where the oil went. Sweet, even secret and closed oil deals for western oil companies.
did not the Iraqi represenitive agree to these terms in the bidding process?

They should be put on trial in the International Court and if found guilty of war crimes they should be hanged just like the Americans hanged Germans at the end of WWII in the Nuremburg Farce.

btw, Peejay, i'm stating the FACTS
while you are stating YOUR opinion

Sweety pie, the facts are that by means of war, we converted a nationalized oil industry into a private oil industry.

I'm not calling it right or wrong, I'm just answering your question as to where the oil went. We didn't nationalize it, so that the US government could capitalize, we opened it for private bid so oil corporations could get at the reserves in Iraq.

I suspect that as America's superpower status fades, and that is inevitable as our economy continues its decline, the security of former officials who are thought by other nations to be war criminals will continue to decline.

There are already a lot of Bush administration officials who probably should NOT visit Europe.

War criminals will not find safe haven in civilized nations, folks.

If the rest of the world in retrspect decides that what Bush II's people did constiuted war crimes?

Well then those people had best keep their asses in America where they'll be safe from the clutches of the rest of the world.

Their safety depends on American continuing to be a superpower.

And that superpower status isn't looking so good right now, is it?

are not most of these "war criminals" on us soil.....would spain need to send troops to america to capture them.....

Obviously

I don't quite understand why some of you are failing to understand the significance of this sort of thing, or misinterpreting my point about why this is a pain in somebody's ass, either.

Still, if you were some former master of the the universe, how would you feel discovering that you cannot go to Europe because you might get whisked to trial because some nation decided you were a war criminal?

It's not about whether or not Spain (or wherever) is going to invade the USA, it's the diplomatic message they're sending to the USA.

These events are political theater, folks.

That's their point.

Sweety pie, the facts are that by means of war, we converted a nationalized oil industry into a private oil industry.

I'm not calling it right or wrong, I'm just answering your question as to where the oil went. We didn't nationalize it, so that the US government could capitalize, we opened it for private bid so oil corporations could get at the reserves in Iraq.
we did no such thing
the Iraqis did what they did

I suspect that as America's superpower status fades, and that is inevitable as our economy continues its decline, the security of former officials who are thought by other nations to be war criminals will continue to decline.

There are already a lot of Bush administration officials who probably should NOT visit Europe.

War criminals will not find safe haven in civilized nations, folks.

If the rest of the world in retrspect decides that what Bush II's people did constiuted war crimes?

Well then those people had best keep their asses in America where they'll be safe from the clutches of the rest of the world.

Their safety depends on American continuing to be a superpower.

And that superpower status isn't looking so good right now, is it?

are not most of these "war criminals" on us soil.....would spain need to send troops to america to capture them.....

Obviously

I don't quite understand why some of you are failing to understand the significance of this sort of thing, or misinterpreting my point about why this is a pain in somebody's ass, either.

Still, if you were some former master of the the universe, how would you feel discovering that you cannot go to Europe because you might get whisked to trial because some nation decided you were a war criminal?

It's not about whether or not Spain (or wherever) is going to invade the USA, it's the diplomatic message they're sending to the USA.

These events are political theater, folks.

That's their point.
sionce it is just onme moron in sapin and not the whole country, i dont think anyone has to worry about that
and, to have a trial they would need to have proof, which they LACK

we did no such thing

Sure thing.

How is happy land these days ?

we did no such thing

Sure thing.

How is happy land these days ?
you should know
you live there

I know your reading level is on the low end of the scale but take your time.

If the Iraqi Parliament refuses to pass the privatization legislation, the US Congress will withhold US reconstruction funds promised to the Iraqis to rebuild what the United States has destroyed in Iraq. The privatization law, written by American oil company consultants hired by the Bush administration, would leave the control of only 17 of 80 known oil fields with the Iraq National Oil Company. The remainder (two-thirds) of known oil fields and all yet undiscovered oil fields would be up for grabs by the private oil companies of the world (but guess how many would go to the United States firms given to them by the compliant Iraqi government.)

Source: Ann Wright, US Army Colonel, retired.

The Bush administration and Congress have made adoption of the oil law one of the "benchmarks" of "progress" and Iraqi "cooperation." The law has been unanimously and strongly condemned and rejected by all of Iraqi's major labor federations. If adopted, it would allow foreign oil corporations to obtain contracts to exploit up to 2/3 of Iraqi oil reserves for as long as 30 years and to reap the lion's share of the profits earned on that oil. It makes a mockery of the notion of Iraqi sovereignty and would deprive the Iraqi people of the resources they require to rebuild their shattered nation.

The leadership of the Democratic Party has embraced this oil law and put it into the supplemental funding bill as one of the benchmarks by which the Iraqi government will be measured. In doing so, they have become complicit in a backdoor effort to privatize Iraq's publicly owned oil resources - second largest in the world.
for web-5/14 SF Emergency Protest Againt Iraq Oil Law Privatizing Oil

Iraqis oppose plans to open the country’s oilfields to foreign investment by a factor of two to one, according to a poll released today. Iraqis are united in this view: there are no ethnic, sectarian or geographical groups that prefer foreign companies.

The poll also finds that most Iraqis feel kept in the dark about the oil plans – with fewer than a quarter feeling adequately informed about a proposed new law to govern Iraq’s oil sector.

This poll is the first time ordinary Iraqis have been asked their views on the contents of the oil law, which has been debated by Iraqi political parties for over a year. The US government is pressing Baghdad to pass the oil law by September, as one of its “benchmarks”. [1]

At the centre of the oil law is a proposal to give multinational oil companies such as Conoco, Chevron and Exxon the primary role in developing Iraq’s oilfields, under contracts of up to 30 years.

Yet 63% of poll respondents said they would prefer Iraq’s oil to be developed and produced by Iraqi public sector companies rather than foreign companies, with 32% of those indicating a strong preference. Only 10% strongly preferred foreign companies, and 21% moderately.

Poll: Iraqis Oppose Oil Privatization at Oil Change

The privatization of Iraqi oil isn't the product of any sort of democracy, in fact, it is quite the opposite. It's the result of an American backed government under near extortion of reconstruction funds.......US tax payer funds, to hand over it's oil to private exploration.

OOps

OOps

Gee....you mean the US is not controlling Iraq ? Some folks are going to be sorely disappointed.

Conman, name me a source you find credible.

Fox News ?

What ?

Just give me an outlet. The dreaded BBC ?

Everyone has reported on this. Just tell me where you want to hear it from.

Forum List

Back