Carl Kasell has died

The long-term newscaster for NPR's Morning Edition, and scorekeeper-emeritus of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! has died of complications from Alzheimer's disease at the age of 84.

A constant voice at the breakfast table, throughout my childhood and into adulthood.

Rest in peace.
I worked the afternoon shift at KUAF an NPR station affiliate so I didn't hear him much...

The long-term newscaster for NPR's Morning Edition, and scorekeeper-emeritus of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! has died of complications from Alzheimer's disease at the age of 84.

A constant voice at the breakfast table, throughout my childhood and into adulthood.

Rest in peace.
Well that sucks. I had his voice on my voicemail for the longest time....

I remember him strangely enough from All Things Considered, which I listened to fairly regularly back in the 70s.

Lots of deaths, this last week.

R. Lee Ermey, Barbara Bush, Milos Forman, Mitzi Shore, and Carl Kasell.

Yes, the Illuminati have been busy.

All kidding aside, isnt it strange that the deaths of famous people seems to come in clusters so much?

I read an article a while back that said that random events do tend to cluster and they went in to mathematics way over my head to explain it, but it seems that truly random events cluster and even distribution is suggestive of not being truly random.

But these people have given us many days of entertainment, taken our mind off our troubles and lowered our stress and I think God likely has a special reward for them if they are not somehow evil in their heart.

Forum List

Back