Southwest airlines pilot Tammy Jo is a hero!!!

Also, just to point out, having seen a picture of the window in question, there's no way in hell an adult human being is getting out of that, regardless of whether they're being sucked out or not.

_100919207_captuf33re.jpg
A woman was piloting this plane, too...

Also, just to point out, having seen a picture of the window in question, there's no way in hell an adult human being is getting out of that, regardless of whether they're being sucked out or not.

A woman was piloting this plane, too...

That looks like CIC Douche Bone Spur going out the plane window. If so, I with IT well.

View attachment 188662

Why do you want him to die? Isn't that extreme?

It’s actually pretty amazing an engine blew up mid flight and the plane still landed. The engine housing prevented debris from directly hitting the wing full of fuel. It appears that debris did fly out the back and hit the rear half of the aircraft, that’s where this window seat was. That’s certainly better than the fuel tanks being ruptured, explosion and break up.

That's how the engine nacelles are designed. They have had engines blow up and fall off the pylon, and the jets have landed safely.

EngineFalloffBM_468x287.jpg

To be sucked through a broken window....in an airplane....

can not think of a worst nightmare :eek-52: :shock:

To be sucked through a broken window....in an airplane....

can not think of a worst nightmare :eek-52: :shock:
I expect the near-500 mph wind rendered her unconscious pretty quickly.

but apparently she survived....she was sucked....then unsucked....

and she was there to tell the story
I thought she was the lone victim??

I don't know... I only know she was sucked...through the window ...in the plane ....you know....

And she lived to tell the story.

But she said she was!!!!! :confused-84:

No, she didn't.

Others said this and reported it to the pilot who said it was the case.

But then it shows the validity of first hand evidence.

It can happen quite easily, just imagine enough force to break the bones stopping the body from fitting through the space in question.

It can happen quite easily, just imagine enough force to break the bones stopping the body from fitting through the space in question.

Exactly. You get literally SUCKED out the window. Horrible way to go.

I think she was killed by a piece of shrapnel hitting her in the head and then was sucked out the window. Did she actually get sucked out though? I thought I heard on the news this morning that they were performing CPR on her?

Yeah, I just read another article, and she was PARTIALLY sucked out but pulled back in. Unfortunately it was too late for her. You can totally see the fear in the people's faces. That is some scary stuff!

1523995561345.jpg

Passenger Marty Martinez captured the moment when oxygen masks were deployed on the flight. (Marty Martinez)

My Dad served on an aircraft carrier and told me that the most solid part of the plane was were the wing attached to the fuselage. I've been window seat over the wing ever since and I'm not changing

Is it me or does, "partially sucked out then sucked back in" sound like it came from Stormy Daniels

Forum List

Back