Sotomayor: Americans Should Be Alarmed By Spread Of Drones

Its an Obama world.

Said Justice Sotomayor:

There are drones flying over the air randomly that are recording everything that’s happening on what we consider our private property. That type of technology has to stimulate us to think about what is it that we cherish in privacy and how far we want to protect it and from whom. Because people think that it should be protected just against government intrusion, but I don’t like the fact that someone I don’t know…can pick up, if they’re a private citizen, one of these drones and fly it over my property.

Sotomayor Americans Should be Alarmed by Spread of Drones - Law Blog - WSJ
SCOTUS justices should NOT be commenting to the media on Constitutional matters
Those that do, give the impression they could not be impartial if and when a case involving the issue upon which they commented came before them.
Now Sotomayor MUST recuse herself from any case brought before the Court on this matter.

Those drones would still be there watching us with a republican as president only then conservatives would imagine they are being used against liberals and be totally OK with them.
That is just stupid.
No sane person would want this to be done to them. And they would not want it to be done to others.
Now, looking at this from a strictly Constitutional angle, once one exits the confines of their home, they are "in the public domain"..That includes the air space above their property.
The test is google maps ability to freely photograph from both satellites in space which can zoom in close enough to identify objects as small as cars and from street level to produce images of homes, buildings and other features. All for public consumption.

Sotomayor also ignores the fact that through other aircraft, governments have used surveillance to catch people farming marijuana ( Pot planes/helicopters)...Have used aircraft to track the movements of organized crime figures and other suspected criminals. Without the need for a warrant.
Use of drones is just another method...A lot less expensive.
Now here's a catch.....Private property of individuals( real estate) in most cases extends upwards and downwards to infinity. That gives the owner the right to not permit or to prevent such a craft as a drone from being operated over his property.

Those drones would still be there watching us with a republican as president only then conservatives would imagine they are being used against liberals and be totally OK with them.

Amazing how the left wing knows things that don't happen would happen as fact. As if that is an excuse by this administration to use them. What would be different is that you would be bitchin if this were Bush and you would be saying Sotomayor is a hero. But since it is Obama, you and silent as the lambs.
Your first post made that same point. You simply repeated it only using different words. Yeah, we get it. You're partisan towards Sotomayor because she's a lib....We get it.
You may run along now.

Its an Obama world.

This fails as a post hoc fallacy and is partisan idiocy.

There is no evidence that the president is the 'cause' of drones, or otherwise responsible for their use or proliferation.

What do you think she meant when she said "consider our private property?"

Not government property.

Yet another post explaining how impotent is Obama. It is Obama's world because there is absolutely no way you can blame this on Bush. The man who shoved Obamacare down our throats. The man who is going to give amnesty to illegals in spite of Congress. The man using the EPA and regulations to kill the electric utility industry. That man could not use the FAA to keep drones out of Sotomayor's back yard. Right, I forgot he cant' do a damn thing.

One thing we know for sure, nothing that goes on in the world will ever be Obama's fault in accordance with left wing doctrine. I pity Sotomayor, she will now see the wrath of the democrat party.

Its an Obama world.

Said Justice Sotomayor:

There are drones flying over the air randomly that are recording everything that’s happening on what we consider our private property. That type of technology has to stimulate us to think about what is it that we cherish in privacy and how far we want to protect it and from whom. Because people think that it should be protected just against government intrusion, but I don’t like the fact that someone I don’t know…can pick up, if they’re a private citizen, one of these drones and fly it over my property.

Sotomayor Americans Should be Alarmed by Spread of Drones - Law Blog - WSJ
SCOTUS justices should NOT be commenting to the media on Constitutional matters
Those that do, give the impression they could not be impartial if and when a case involving the issue upon which they commented came before them.
Now Sotomayor MUST recuse herself from any case brought before the Court on this matter.

That really makes no sense. Do you think the justices are without bias? Really? And I don't just mean political bias. We all know where Ginsburg stands on abortion, should she thusly not rule on any abortion issue? I will bet your answer is yes she should. The bias that they should have is towards the COTUS. THAT is their directive. So what she said effects nothing it is just her opinion.

Forum List

Back