Sorry, a question....

dwayneshintzy

Rookie
Sep 10, 2010
Many apologies if this is in the wrong place, should be somewhere else, etc...

Anyway; I moved to Ireland when I was 10 years old. I now have a university degree and no job, so I'm going back to America (I'm a citizen, obviously) to work construction. Thing is, I'm very interested in joining the service; just got two problems. Can't swim can't drive; how will that affect me?

Sorry if this has been asked beforem having trouble using search on this site....

Anyway; I moved to Ireland when I was 10 years old. I now have a university degree and no job, so I'm going back to America (I'm a citizen, obviously) to work construction. Thing is, I'm very interested in joining the service; just got two problems. Can't swim can't drive; how will that affect me?

Sorry if this has been asked beforem having trouble using search on this site....

Learn to swim.

Learn to drive.

Not hard.

Apply for the Marines. You'll be amazed just how fucking quickly you'll be swimming and driving! :lol:

Is a "university degree" in Ireland like saying "high school diploma" in the states?

Join the Army,be all you can be. They don't require swimming nor driving skills to join, andt they will teach you all you need to know.

I will sum it up in one sentence

"cover and fire"

good luck

Talk to a recruiter, I don't remember either being required. I did drive though and could swim. Physical conditioning is getting a redo according to friends in the military, seems we are getting too heavy and too out of shape. LOL

Joining the United States Military

Apply for the Marines. You'll be amazed just how fucking quickly you'll be swimming and driving! :lol:

Or dead.

If you can't drive, I'd suggest a 3-iron off the tee. Left arm straight and keep your right elbow on your hip. If you can't swim, carry an extra ball in your pocket. If you should happen to find the water, take the penalty and use the drop zone near the hazard.

There are several great courses on military bases around the country with a devastating sand trap that runs from Isreal to Pakistan. Good luck!

I hope this helps.

What is your degree in? University degrees in languages, especially oriental and middle eastern languages can get you to E5 right out of basic.

And you won't need to drive or swim.

Or dead.

Marines don't die. They serve.

Forum List

Back