Songs Written By Prince You May Not Know About

Figures, nothing good. Sorry, his music is insipid nonsense, always was. Drugs got him like they get so many. I'm not happy he's dead, but he was no where near as good as everyone is claiming he was. I liked his half-time concert at that Superbowl but what made it so good was that he hardly did any of his songs.
You sound happy.

You sound like you usually do; stupid.
Yeah, right. At least I'm not orgasming over someone's death.

Figures, nothing good. Sorry, his music is insipid nonsense, always was. Drugs got him like they get so many. I'm not happy he's dead, but he was no where near as good as everyone is claiming he was. I liked his half-time concert at that Superbowl but what made it so good was that he hardly did any of his songs.
You sound happy.

You sound like you usually do; stupid.
Yeah, right. At least I'm not orgasming over someone's death.

You are a pretty sick fucker. Get help.

Meh, coming from an idiot like you, it has no effect.
You saying that Prince was a druggy only proves my sigline correct.

Prince was famously anti-drug, like Zappa. But unlike Zappa, Prince never drank or smoked or even cursed, and wouldn't let anyone curse in front of him. He was a Jehovah Witness.

So why do you think he was a druggy, because he was Black or because he was a musician?

Prince hated drugs and alcohol
I notice that most people taking smack about Prince are self centered asshats with no imagination. They fear what they do not understand. Don't waste your breath on them

Hah! I'll bet that the final autopsy report says it was drugs. He was treated for them only a short time ago. Percoset I believe.
I believe he died from flu just as the news reported. The news of his death was a shock. He was still young and I feel very sad thinking about how suddenly he died. I watched the movie about his life years ago and it is clear to me that he saw a lot of violence and chaos in his childhood. His suffering like that bothers me. No child should have to see what he saw. I believe a lot of his music was an expression of the deep emotions that were locked up inside of him for so many years. Children who survive abusive childhoods tend to be perfectionists. They are their own worst critics. It does not surprise me to hear that he has thousands of songs that were never released. He probably threw away most of what he wrote thinking - this isn't good enough. The rest he put to the side to think about and it never got published. You didn't walk in his shoes and so you have no idea of what he went through. I am sorry for his dear mother who is no doubt very heartbroken at the death of her son. Please think about how you would feel had it been you.

Appealing to my emotions about my kids is a lame ass argument. this isn't about wether his death was tragic or not, it's about the cause of his death. There are reports that he was treated for a drug addiction, only the final autopsy will tell us what happened. It has not a thing to do with how I feel about my own kids or how hard his life was, blah blah blah.
I never mentioned your children. I would not do that. It is against USMB rules to talk about family members. I am not appealing to your emotions. I am appealing to your conscience. You know, that small voice inside of you that said, don't do it..... before you did.

One more thing. Prince had tremendous talent. His music may not have been your taste in music but it does not change the fact that he was a very talented musician.

Meh, coming from an idiot like you, it has no effect.

Prince was famously anti-drug, like Zappa. But unlike Zappa, Prince never drank or smoked or even cursed, and wouldn't let anyone curse in front of him. He was a Jehovah Witness.

So why do you think he was a druggy, because he was Black or because he was a musician?

I notice that most people taking smack about Prince are self centered asshats with no imagination. They fear what they do not understand. Don't waste your breath on them

Hah! I'll bet that the final autopsy report says it was drugs. He was treated for them only a short time ago. Percoset I believe.
I believe he died from flu just as the news reported. The news of his death was a shock. He was still young and I feel very sad thinking about how suddenly he died. I watched the movie about his life years ago and it is clear to me that he saw a lot of violence and chaos in his childhood. His suffering like that bothers me. No child should have to see what he saw. I believe a lot of his music was an expression of the deep emotions that were locked up inside of him for so many years. Children who survive abusive childhoods tend to be perfectionists. They are their own worst critics. It does not surprise me to hear that he has thousands of songs that were never released. He probably threw away most of what he wrote thinking - this isn't good enough. The rest he put to the side to think about and it never got published. You didn't walk in his shoes and so you have no idea of what he went through. I am sorry for his dear mother who is no doubt very heartbroken at the death of her son. Please think about how you would feel had it been you.

Appealing to my emotions about my kids is a lame ass argument. this isn't about wether his death was tragic or not, it's about the cause of his death. There are reports that he was treated for a drug addiction, only the final autopsy will tell us what happened. It has not a thing to do with how I feel about my own kids or how hard his life was, blah blah blah.
For the record I desire God's very best for your life. Just as I do Prince's family.

lots of people in this country from all walks of life are using pain relievers...

Sure they are, just don't lie and say he wasn't.
if i thought that, i would not have said what i said...

Perhaps, but you jumped into an argument where someone else claimed he didn't do drugs at all.
so fucking what?...did i say he was not using drugs?...no i didnt did i?....all i said was that prince is no different than millions of other people in this country who over medicate themselves with those fucking pain relievers,IF that is what he did, and many end up dying because of it....and that is a fact that you cannot disprove....

Chill. I was explaining why I responded to you that way. You entered into an argument that I was having with someone else who said Prince would never do drugs and wouldn't die as a result. When you argued, I assumed, and reasonably so, that you disagreed with me.
I DONT WANT TO CHILL!!....lol dont worry about it pred.....i dont like the guys music either but i dont think he is all hype....the guy was good at what he did,just like Michael Jackson was...

i dont like the guys music either but i will give him credit for what he accomplished.....drugs or not he was great at what he played,you dont become as successful as he was just because....

Hype. That's all he was.

Have you ever seen him in action? Either in concert or even any video? He may very well have had a flamboyant style of dress, but so does/did Elton John and Liberace. Also wild & strange personal tastes.....but his music, what he put into it and what fans got out of it....was pure genius. What was it recently said? He wrote his first at age 7? He began his career as a teenager? Could play a guitar with the same passion as Stevie Ray Vaughn and other greats. How many others have such a vocal range? Not many that's for sure.
It's definitely not hype, nor is it talent.....his was a true gift....nevermind all the flashy trappings.

Some people do not take the time to understand true art. Sad really. Because they miss out on so much.

I am a great lover of music, I have been listening to music for all of my 60 years. I have been listening to Rock and Roll, since the Beatles. That is why I know that Prince is 99% hype. I've seen it before.

I have been listening to all types of music for many years and I appreciate great musicians of all kinds. Prince was not hype, he was gifted. He tore through the industry despite all the nay sayers like you. If you don't like him, that is your decision. But don't tell how much you hate him. He is dead. Isn't that enough for you? He was a free spirit and a rebel. Deal with it. I have seen nothing but hype for many years. But it never had nothing to do with Prince.

Who is one of your favorite artists? And is he or she dead...and did he or she die of drugs?

Strangely I don't remember MJ playing many (if any) musical instruments. Just singing & dancing. He may very well have played, I just don't remember him doing so.

Perhaps, but you jumped into an argument where someone else claimed he didn't do drugs at all.
so fucking what?...did i say he was not using drugs?...no i didnt did i?....all i said was that prince is no different than millions of other people in this country who over medicate themselves with those fucking pain relievers,IF that is what he did, and many end up dying because of it....and that is a fact that you cannot disprove....

Chill. I was explaining why I responded to you that way. You entered into an argument that I was having with someone else who said Prince would never do drugs and wouldn't die as a result. When you argued, I assumed, and reasonably so, that you disagreed with me.
I DONT WANT TO CHILL!!....lol dont worry about it pred.....i dont like the guys music either but i dont think he is all hype....the guy was good at what he did,just like Michael Jackson was...

He was much more talented than Jackson. Jackson was produced. Prince was the producer of his own life.

Strangely I don't remember MJ playing many (if any) musical instruments. Just singing & dancing. He may very well have played, I just don't remember him doing so.

what does playing have to do with what i said?....i said mickey was good at what he did....

He was much more talented than Jackson. Jackson was produced. Prince was the producer of his own life.
ok?.....

I think MJ played 2 and Prince played 27

ok?.....

It is just the truth. No offense Harry

I never mentioned your children. I would not do that. It is against USMB rules to talk about family members. I am not appealing to your emotions. I am appealing to your conscience. You know, that small voice inside of you that said, don't do it..... before you did.

One more thing. Prince had tremendous talent. His music may not have been your taste in music but it does not change the fact that he was a very talented musician.

Yes you did. Is your short term memory that bad? Read your post again, concentrate on your last statement. You can fool yourself but you can't fool me, you are playing on emotion.

Look man, if all you can do is lie, then we don't have anything to argue about. Dismissed.

He was treated for a drug addiction like a month before he died

Please share your source....

That is why I know that Prince is 99% hype.
. He was pretty far from genius, unless you lower the bar for genius

So what is your interpretation of musical genius and hype?

My source is multiple news sources on TV and radio. NBC, CBS, the AP. Of course it wouldn't be the first time a bad source made it through the vetting processes of the major news outlets, but that is what I heard and read. It's been said here in this forum as well.

Then don't chill. Good bye.

i dont like the guys music either but i will give him credit for what he accomplished.....drugs or not he was great at what he played,you dont become as successful as he was just because....

Hype. That's all he was.

Have you ever seen him in action? Either in concert or even any video? He may very well have had a flamboyant style of dress, but so does/did Elton John and Liberace. Also wild & strange personal tastes.....but his music, what he put into it and what fans got out of it....was pure genius. What was it recently said? He wrote his first at age 7? He began his career as a teenager? Could play a guitar with the same passion as Stevie Ray Vaughn and other greats. How many others have such a vocal range? Not many that's for sure.
It's definitely not hype, nor is it talent.....his was a true gift....nevermind all the flashy trappings.

Some people do not take the time to understand true art. Sad really. Because they miss out on so much.

I am a great lover of music, I have been listening to music for all of my 60 years. I have been listening to Rock and Roll, since the Beatles. That is why I know that Prince is 99% hype. I've seen it before.

I have been listening to all types of music for many years and I appreciate great musicians of all kinds. Prince was not hype, he was gifted. He tore through the industry despite all the nay sayers like you. If you don't like him, that is your decision. But don't tell how much you hate him. He is dead. Isn't that enough for you? He was a free spirit and a rebel. Deal with it. I have seen nothing but hype for many years. But it never had nothing to do with Prince.

Who is one of your favorite artists? And is he or she dead...and did he or she die of drugs?

When did I say I hated him?

Yes you did. Is your short term memory that bad? Read your post again, concentrate on your last statement. You can fool yourself but you can't fool me, you are playing on emotion.

Look man, if all you can do is lie, then we don't have anything to argue about. Dismissed.
I asked you to please think about how you would feel had it been you. You are free to interpret that any way you choose but you shall not draw me into an argument over it, Pred. Goodnight.

Forum List

Back