Songs Written By Prince You May Not Know About

Figures, nothing good. Sorry, his music is insipid nonsense, always was. Drugs got him like they get so many. I'm not happy he's dead, but he was no where near as good as everyone is claiming he was. I liked his half-time concert at that Superbowl but what made it so good was that he hardly did any of his songs.

10 Examples of Prince’s Guitar Heroism

Prince was such a masterful showman, songwriter, singer, and performer, it’s sometimes easy to forget that he was also one of the greatest guitarists working in any music field. When news of this death broke Thursday, he received as much adoration from hard rock and heavy metal websites as he did from pop and R&B outlets. Over the years he graced the covers of British metal weekly Kerrang! and America’s Guitar World, and after listening to any of the tracks below, it’s easy to understand why.

Prince was a self-taught guitarist, and he claimed not to read music or know music theory, but he sure knew his way around a guitar fretboard, ripping out a panoply of styles in the vein of great funk, blues, rock, and metal players. He switched between minor pentatonic scales and the more intricate mixolydian mode (dominant scale) without effort – and perhaps without knowledge of what he was doing. He played by feel, relying on intuition to make the notes he played match the music he wrote.

Here are 10 songs, most with live video clips, that demonstrate Prince’s guitar prowess and prove that his death is as great a loss to the guitar community as it is to the pop and funk worlds.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Figures, nothing good. Sorry, his music is insipid nonsense, always was. Drugs got him like they get so many. I'm not happy he's dead, but he was no where near as good as everyone is claiming he was. I liked his half-time concert at that Superbowl but what made it so good was that he hardly did any of his songs.
i dont like the guys music either but i will give him credit for what he accomplished.....drugs or not he was great at what he played,you dont become as successful as he was just because....

Forum List

Back