Son of a BITCH.....

All that aside, it is interesting why anyone would spend 'that kind of money' on something they could not service themselves if they had the know how.

Yeah, rich dude got a blown out speaker.... Now can only listen in Stereo. Boo fucking Hoo.

I know.

31172-care_this.jpg

All that aside, it is interesting why anyone would spend 'that kind of money' on something they could not service themselves if they had the know how.
If you buy anything in speakerville that is serviceable, it's cheap shit you don't want anyway. Audio has come a long way from the 70s.

Some of we rich folk got that way by being thrifty, frugal, spartan and responsible - as in, never taking out any kind of a loan. Old School stuff Shakespeare tried to tell you.

I paid cash for my last 4 houses, so I don't think some guy crying about $220 for speakers is going to teach me much about finance.

I bought 2000 ounces of silver over the past 3 months, in $9,900 increments (being a rich guy, you know why).

$220 for speakers....LOL.

My clock radios cost more than that (Bose).

Some of we rich folk got that way by being thrifty, frugal, spartan and responsible - as in, never taking out any kind of a loan. Old School stuff Shakespeare tried to tell you.

I paid cash for my last 4 houses, so I don't think some guy crying about $220 for speakers is going to teach me much about finance.

I bought 2000 ounces of silver over the past 3 months, in $9,900 increments (being a rich guy, you know why).

Yeah I know, you're like the greatest ever. If I claimed to have a 30 foot yacht, you'd come back with tales of your 45 footer.

If you're buying Bose, you're really stupid. My JBLs massively outperform anything Bose can build. It's highly hyped and overrated. See Consumer Reports.

Yeah I know, you're like the greatest ever. If I claimed to have a 30 foot yacht, you'd come back with tales of your 45 footer.

If you're buying Bose, you're really stupid. My JBLs massively outperform anything Bose can build. It's highly hyped and overrated. See Consumer Reports.
Oops my mistake.

55 foot.:cool:

Oops my mistake.

Boats are money pits. I learned that early on.

I'm more of an airplane guy anyway.

You're the one who started bragging about being rich. I just pointed out that evidently, the word doesn't mean what it used to. Then you attacked my "frugality" and comprehension of Shakespeare.

Relax dude. If you need to borrow the money for the speakers, I'm a pawnbroker. We can work it out (at 25%/month).

And still.....$220 for speakers seems awfully cheap. What are you whining about? I was paying $220 for speakers in the 70s, and don't get me started on guitar amps. If its $220, I'm not even interested in looking at it.

Let me guess......you use ProTools, right?

Not the same could be said for some behavioral patterns.
^^^Like posting mindless pablum.

Dude!!!!

I need to rent you out and talk to my girlfriend.

Seriously!!!!!!:eusa_pray:

NOPE, I've already got dibs on him to discuss his ideology with my hubby... Stand in line :lol:

Oops my mistake.

Boats are money pits. I learned that early on.

I'm more of an airplane guy anyway.

You're the one who started bragging about being rich. I just pointed out that evidently, the word doesn't mean what it used to. Then you attacked my "frugality" and comprehension of Shakespeare.

Relax dude. If you need to borrow the money for the speakers, I'm a pawnbroker. We can work it out (at 25%/month).

And still.....$220 for speakers seems awfully cheap. What are you whining about? I was paying $220 for speakers in the 70s, and don't get me started on guitar amps. If its $220, I'm not even interested in looking at it.

Let me guess......you use ProTools, right?
I didn't attack anything. I merely described my Shakespearean philosophy for accumulating wealth, which allowed me to retire quite comfortably at age 42. Well, that and the ability to make alot of money very fast for the last 10 years of my working life.

My boat, I have had since 1980. It is rare. It is a 30 foot Hydrodyne "Flatop" designed by Ab Crosby in the late 60s. Truly innovative for its time, it's essentially the model from which all modern bass boats are built. Over the years I have improved on it - even finding all the original molds, dies and tools in some old fella's Indiana barn and re-casting the hull out of modern composite materials. Originally the transom could only deal with MAYBE a 100hp outboard - my boat has twin 220s. It shits and gits, no strain at all.

No knowledge of "Pro Tools." Nada clue.

I didn't attack anything. I merely described my Shakespearean philosophy for accumulating wealth, which allowed me to retire quite comfortably at age 42. Well, that and the ability to make alot of money very fast for the last 10 years of my working life.

My boat, I have had since 1980. It is rare. It is a 30 foot Hydrodyne "Flatop" designed by Ab Crosby in the late 60s. Truly innovative for its time, it's essentially the model from which all modern bass boats are built. Over the years I have improved on it - even finding all the original molds, dies and tools in some old fella's Indiana barn and re-casting the hull out of modern composite materials. Originally the transom could only deal with MAYBE a 100hp outboard - my boat has twin 220s. It shits and gits, no strain at all.

No knowledge of "Pro Tools." Nada clue.

Ok then.

Seems my initial assessment was more right than wrong. (You realize you'll never get out of that boat what you have in it, right?) And a guy completely unfamiliar with ProTools is going to give me advice on speakers (although I too am a big fan of JBL, but I like the better stuff, not the cheap crap), based on Consumer Reports? Beauty!

Carry on, Warbucks.

Forum List

Back