Something I Never Understood About Blacks In Regards To The N-word

This board is not "in public."
Of course it is. If it isn't, how did you get here?

The vast majority of those who are reading these comments are not registered members of the forum. They are members of the general public who are free to access this website and read its contents. It is therefore public information.

The proprietor of this private website has made it public.
I think you misunderstand. This is not publicly owned. Therefore they can make up any rule they like and you have to abide by it. The website was never publicly owned.
The same can be said about any business establishment, yet they are still public. If you whip out your dick in a bar, do you think you wont get arrested for public indecency? Take your silly wannabe legal nonsense somewhere else. You, as usual, have no idea what youre talking about.
"Publicly owned" retarded chimp. Get a clue.

To those who restricted or opressed bec
The fact is that there are no laws on the books that prohibit the use of the word.

Which is why I've specified that censorship of the word has occurred as an arbitrary edict.

If anything, American society has evolved (superficially)) past the days when it was socially acceptable to use racial slurs of any kind publically.

It has never been socially acceptable to publicly issue ethnic slurs. I think you might be misled by the fact that at one time in America, mainly in the deep South, the word nigg er was common usage. And the etymology of that word adequately accounts for the reason.

No, I am not misled at all. I am quite aware of and recall southern culture in the 60's. The was not much different in those days, except for the fact that you did not often see signs in public that read "no dogs or *******".

As far as then versus now, political correctness has reigned in blatant use of racial perjoratives, of course, people can and will say what they wish privately and anonymously in forums like this.

To read comments submitted to the Race forum you have to be a registered member.
Which I was not aware of but which has no bearing on the public nature of this and most other Internet forums, the determining factor being expectation of privacy: We do not have an expectation of privacy concerning anything we post here, which means whether or not we must invent a pseudonym and a password to participate in the forum the content is publicly available.

Still trying to figure out why some white people are upset they cant call me a ****** to my face without taking an ass beating? Can someone white please answer my question?

No, I am not misled at all. I am quite aware of and recall southern culture in the 60's. The was not much different in those days, except for the fact that you did not often see signs in public that read "no dogs or *******".

As far as then versus now, political correctness has reigned in blatant use of racial perjoratives, of course, people can and will say what they wish privately and anonymously in forums like this.
The best example of what I've tried to convey in this exchange is found in Huck's frequent reference to Nigg er Jim in Mark Twain's, Huckleberry Finn.

The fact is that there are no laws on the books that prohibit the use of the word.

Which is why I've specified that censorship of the word has occurred as an arbitrary edict.

If anything, American society has evolved (superficially)) past the days when it was socially acceptable to use racial slurs of any kind publically.

It has never been socially acceptable to publicly issue ethnic slurs. I think you might be misled by the fact that at one time in America, mainly in the deep South, the word nigg er was common usage. And the etymology of that word adequately accounts for the reason.

Of course the use of the N word...whether it ends in A or ER, has been tempered vs what was said commonly in the South and elsewhere. It is a bad word. My point is...it is a BAD WORD!! So everyone using it but claiming it is ok for them to do it if they are black but whites cannot, just does not compute for me. It never will. If I ever saw an establishment that said no dogs and no n*****...I would not enter it just for the reason they are assholes. I planned on moving to Missouri awhile back..but I got freaked out about it because I was warned in that town, by the real estate agent no less...that I would be in for major culture shock. N****** had their own neighborhoods and whites were to avoid such and such streets, etc. And no way could my friend (white) and her husband (black) ever be allowed to feel comfortable in that town visiting me or even moving in with me. Ever. So....I stayed here in California.
But that is neither here nor there. I don't get blacks using a word they claim is bad. I also don't understand when other blacks say the same thing I just said, are called uncle tom or against their own kind or kissing whities ass, etc.

Blacks haven't issued an arbitrary edict to Whites over any racial epithets. Anti-defamation groups like the ADL and SPLC have worked in partnership with a hostile, Jewish-owned media to alter the racially-aware consciousness of post-WWII Whites in The United States, Canada and Western Europe.
Have you ever heard a Jew threaten to knock a White person out for using the word nigg er?

How often to you hear Jews refer to each other as "ki ke", or Asians greet one another as "go ok?"

The efforts of ADL and SPLC are not alone, or even predominately, responsible for the censorship imposed on Whites with specific reference to the very commonly used word nigg er -- even though it's pronounced, nigga.

In my opinion the mainstream narrative's hostility towards people who use the word n*gger is exploited by Blacks as a means of holding an element of power over White people. It's almost as if by doing so they're saying you may have more money and live better and all that, but here’s one place where we hold the cards; here’s one place where we have the power. We can call each other ‘n*gger’ and you can’t. Furthermore, I suspect some Blacks deliberately overuse the word among Whites to lull some into a false sense of security, pushing them to think that the Black person in their company is comfortable with the word and might not have a problem with a White person using it. As soon as it's uttered, they then go on a very public offensive in the hope that they might profit from it.
Hahaha, those damn clever black people sure are good at controlling your mind.

Really? I can't use it cuz I'm white? So sorry, n*gga...that dog don't hunt.

1. The irony that you have to disguise the word on here to get it across, while proclaiming that you can "use" the word, just gave me my first chuckle of the day.

2. You can use it all you want. Go shout it out. Have fun. It just shows your lack of upbringing.

3. You seem to have no great love for black culture. Why would you want to emulate them?
And if you would bother to look at my history here, you would know I am not racist. Maybe I am now though. Who knows. To me, I'm not. To others..maybe so. But my time here, and how I have conducted myself is far from what you THINK you know about me. And do try reading comprehension. I said..AGAIN..that I don't use that word. I did this time..and maybe once before...to asslickitus and his pal that is now banned...because I know it pisses them off. Just like they both know/knew when they trolled, they were pissing others off then calling them cave apes...which is White Ape or called them/me a c*nt.

So think what you like. Just thought I would clue you in THIS ONCE.

Noticing trends and expressing the thoughts and concerns you have about Blacks isn't "racist", Gracie. You're simply becoming more racially-aware/conscious. Take it from me, in doing so your life will now be a lot easier.
Good point. Now she can blame all her woes on black people.

Of course the use of the N word...whether it ends in A or ER, has been tempered vs what was said commonly in the South and elsewhere. It is a bad word. My point is...it is a BAD WORD!! So everyone using it but claiming it is ok for them to do it if they are black but whites cannot, just does not compute for me. It never will. If I ever saw an establishment that said no dogs and no n*****...I would not enter it just for the reason they are assholes. I planned on moving to Missouri awhile back..but I got freaked out about it because I was warned in that town, by the real estate agent no less...that I would be in for major culture shock. N****** had their own neighborhoods and whites were to avoid such and such streets, etc. And no way could my friend (white) and her husband (black) ever be allowed to feel comfortable in that town visiting me or even moving in with me. Ever. So....I stayed here in California.
But that is neither here nor there. I don't get blacks using a word they claim is bad. I also don't understand when other blacks say the same thing I just said, are called uncle tom or against their own kind or kissing whities ass, etc.

Except you keep missing you can use it as much as you want. There is no law against it. However there is a consequence for any action you take. You don't like or want to get your ass beat then scream it into the pillow so you can release your stress. You say it around the wrong Black person and you will suffer bodily damage.

The usage of that word by anyone, other black people included, is not acceptable to me nor anyone that I associate with or am related to. As far as those who do so, if they are not within my circle of influence as to changing their behavior, I have a difficult time understanding how I am personally responsible for what they do or how it justifies other people taking the posture that: "they call each other that, so until they stop doing it, it justifies me doing so and it is infringing on my rights, for anyone to tell me that it is the wrong behavior for me to use the same word".

The percentage of black people that use the word is relatively small compared to those who don't, and there are quite a few that I know who will tell those that do not to use that word in their presence.

As far as racial or ethnic slurs in general, I have never understood the mentality of those who use them at all. When I was growing up as a kid in San Diego, California in the 50's and 60's, it was mainly a military town where you often saw large groups of sailors and marines together in public places like penny arcades and amusement parks, and it was not uncommon to hear them making negative ethnic references to Jews, Italians, Germans, and Irish people.

What I didn't understand as a kid at that time was that they were all white people who were talking badly about each other, so I guess that is similar to what you are saying about black people, isn't it?

However, in the household that I was raised in, using those types of words was not acceptable, even though "they" referred to each other that way.

All that aside, as I mentioned in a different post, I suppose that this message board also serves a purpose as an outlet for those who are not capable of conversing without using those types of pejoratives.

Speaking for myself, it is not something that I as an individual feel the need to do "because it is my right to do so".

JMO.

Still trying to figure out why some white people are upset they cant call me a ****** to my face without taking an ass beating? Can someone white please answer my question?

Well, I'm not white as you know, but there are a few "patriots" here who would probably tell you that one of the great attributes of America is the First Amendment...ROFLMAO!

Thank you for the thoughtful reply, Kats. I truly appreciate it.
I have a certain someone on ignore now because I shamed myself by resorting to his level. I apologize to you and anyone else offended by my calling him the words I did. Anger tends to make me react before thinking. In his case..that is what happens.
Anyway..thank you again for the great post.

Well, I'm not white as you know, but there are a few "patriots" here who would probably tell you that one of the great attributes of America is the First Amendment...ROFLMAO!

Indeed. Those are probably the same "patriots" that think that it also means you have no consequences for exercising your First Amendment rights or that it applies in the private sector..

I have a certain someone on ignore now because I shamed myself by resorting to his level. I apologize to you and anyone else offended by my calling him the words I did. Anger tends to make me react before thinking. In his case..that is what happens.
Anger also tends to make you slip up and express your true feelings. You hanging out at stormfront whith Swagger certainly doesnt make your post believable.

Anger also tends to make you slip up and express your true feelings. You hanging out at stormfront whith Swagger certainly doesnt make your post believable.
LOL! It's YOUR fault that she called you the n-word.

It doesn't get much funnier than that!

Why do black people give white people so much power in regards to the N-word. It's just a word so why act angry and allow white people to control their emotions? That's why white people love using it because of how black people instantly become upset. When will a black person hear that word and laugh? 2064?
It is a word that means nothing. We live in a very racially immature country. Name calling is middle schoolish and so is getting so upset about being called a name. If a person knows who and what he is how could someone calling him something hurt him. We must accept the fact that some people will not like us. Who cares?

If we are honest with ourselves we will all have to admit that there are some people in every race that have earned the stereotypes of that race.

The usage of that word by anyone, other black people included, is not acceptable to me nor anyone that I associate with or am related to.[...]

I am well aware the word nigg er is insulting when directed at an individual. But do you find it offensive when I refer to those young Black punks who engage in the "knockout game," and their type, as nigg ers? Because that's the way I think of them. And if there were more offensive words I could direct at them I wouldn't hesitate to use them. And as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with you.

I was raised in a predominately Italian neighborhood. Most of the people I knew there were Italians -- but some of them were wops. Greaseballs.

Having lived in Brooklyn and Queens for most of my life I've had many Jewish friends. But I've also met quite a few obnoxious kikes.

If your vocabulary includes some epithets applicable to Whites, and if you used them with reference to certain individuals, I certainly wouldn't be offended by it. In fact it simply is none of my business.

LOL! It's YOUR fault that she called you the n-word.

It doesn't get much funnier than that!

She claims she is pissed off about Ferguson but it really started when I told her calling a Black person negro would be offensive instead of sticking up for her when someone called her the not so nice word for vagina for using negro towards them. Every since then she has been hanging out with resident board racists learning the new lingo.

Forum List

Back