Something I Never Understood About Blacks In Regards To The N-word

No. I don't have to stop using the word unless someone Black tells me its offensive to them. When they do I will respect that. You evidently dont know what you are talking about. White people made up the n word not black people. Why didn't whites stop using it if we didn't use it then? Your theory is pretty flawed. White people need to learn how to control themselves. Take ownership of that stop wishing you can use a word that is offensive coming from you.

Some white folks do run around calling their friends cracker and honky. Do you live under a rock? I dont call my self n*gger. Maybe your hearing is impaired. Black people dont usually say that word. We may call ourselves and friends n*gga. Different word with a different meaning among Black people. I dont waggle my finger at anyone. Why would I do that? I'm not their mom. They use the words around me and they are going to get a foot in their ass though.

Blacks say the word nigga as opposed to ****** because they speak broken English. The meaning is the same. The same way they say polelice instead of police. Now I admit they often times use nigga as a term of endearment, but a lot times they don't. You could deny that as much as you want, like you deny blacks are statistically more violent than whites, but that's not going to change the reality.

Thats a pretty retarded post. I speak flawless English and I say nigga to my homies. The meaning is not the same. As a person that is not in my head what makes you think you can tell me what I mean when I say the word? Are you claiming to be a mind reader now?

Come on man, just stop it. I don't have to be a mind reader to understand the broken culture. I hate it when people claim black culture is some mystical, complicated thing that whites will just never understand, when what goes on is obvious to anyone with a brain. It's a joke. "Do something nigga", "nigga you ain't shit", "I'll fuck you up nigga", that's what I heard from black people growing up in my neighborhood. The word has a negative connotation. Sure the word is also used to say male and sometimes is also used a term of endearment, but all in all, blacks using the word all time is another symptom of a broken culture. If you cared about black people as much as you say you do, you would discourage the use of the word, instead of posting the stupid shit you post.

You may hate it and I agree its not complicated. However, white people seem to have a hard time understanding it. Any word can be used in a negative context. You just used some examples you have heard from ignorant people. I dont discourage the word because its also used in a positive context. The last thing I would do is stop using it because white people are upset that they couldn't use it. To me that doesn't make sense. If I am not using it in reference to you then you should mind your own business and not attempt to dictate to me what I should or should not say. White people don't have that level of authority in my life.

Really? I can't use it cuz I'm white? So sorry, n*gga...that dog don't hunt.

Pretty much. If that bothers you then go say that to a Black woman and see what happens to you.

Blacks say the word nigga as opposed to ****** because they speak broken English. The meaning is the same. The same way they say polelice instead of police. Now I admit they often times use nigga as a term of endearment, but a lot times they don't. You could deny that as much as you want, like you deny blacks are statistically more violent than whites, but that's not going to change the reality.

Thats a pretty retarded post. I speak flawless English and I say nigga to my homies. The meaning is not the same. As a person that is not in my head what makes you think you can tell me what I mean when I say the word? Are you claiming to be a mind reader now?

Come on man, just stop it. I don't have to be a mind reader to understand the broken culture. I hate it when people claim black culture is some mystical, complicated thing that whites will just never understand, when what goes on is obvious to anyone with a brain. It's a joke. "Do something nigga", "nigga you ain't shit", "I'll fuck you up nigga", that's what I heard from black people growing up in my neighborhood. The word has a negative connotation. Sure the word is also used to say male and sometimes is also used a term of endearment, but all in all, blacks using the word all time is another symptom of a broken culture. If you cared about black people as much as you say you do, you would discourage the use of the word, instead of posting the stupid shit you post.

You may hate it and I agree its not complicated. However, white people seem to have a hard time understanding it. Any word can be used in a negative context. You just used some examples you have heard from ignorant people. I dont discourage the word because its also used in a positive context. The last thing I would do is stop using it because white people are upset that they couldn't use it. To me that doesn't make sense. If I am not using it in reference to you then you should mind your own business and not attempt to dictate to me what I should or should not say. White people don't have that level of authority in my life.

Pretty much. If that bothers you then go say that to a Black woman and see what happens to you.

I said I don't use that word. Except to you, n*gga. After all, I am saying it affectionately. Then again, there are n*gga's in every race, so..shrug.
What you don't seem to grasp..due to all that anger I guess, is if it is such a bad word, NOBODY should be saying it. But you seem to want to claim it as your own. Ok. Take it, n*gga. Enjoy it. Wallow in it.

We don't have a problem with using it. It seems as if you have a problem with us using it. If you are not Black why is it bothering you? The only sensible answer is you cannot stand the fact that your opinion is meaningless in the debate.
And YOU cannot stand the fact that the word enslaves you. Pun intended. Which is why you make claim on it then have a cow when someone not black uses it. Tough shit. Deal with it. When you stop...most others will stop as well. Until then....oh fucking well.

People say so many foul words on this board, but n I g g e r? Why is that taboo? I see/hear a black guy fist bumping a friend saying, "Yo niggs, whats up?" OK....What the hell? What world are the people that monitor this board living in?

Last edited:
Hurry! Call the PO-LEESE! If asslepasstheturd has his way, he will send all cracka's to the amBOOlance after axin' them if they want mo'.

I said I don't use that word. Except to you, n*gga. After all, I am saying it affectionately. Then again, there are n*gga's in every race, so..shrug.
What you don't seem to grasp..due to all that anger I guess, is if it is such a bad word, NOBODY should be saying it. But you seem to want to claim it as your own. Ok. Take it, n*gga. Enjoy it. Wallow in it.

I figured you would only say it to me and only on a message board.. I dont mind at all on a message board because all you are doing is the female version of the cave ape routine. We all know the fear would stop you if it was in person and I had my wife at my side. You would just smile and swallow it.

I figured you would only say it to me and only on a message board.. I dont mind at all on a message board because all you are doing is the female version of the cave ape routine. We all know the fear would stop you if it was in person and I had my wife at my side. You would just smile and swallow it.
If I knew you in RL, I would not associate with you. I don't hang around Angry Black Men or their wives.

You sure get off on being the dark ape that relies on fear, dontcha? Always threatening to attack someone. Always bleating about fear. I don't fear angry black people. I think they are stupid and fear whitey. Hence...all the struttin', shuckin' and jiven'.

And now I am done feeding your empty ego, so ....ta!

If I knew you in RL, I would not associate with you. I don't hang around Angry Black Men or their wives.

You better believe you wouldn't associate with me. I don't hang around angry white female cave apes that wish they could get me to let them call me nigga.

You sure get off on being the dark ape that relies on fear, dontcha? Always threatening to attack someone. Always bleating about fear. I don't fear angry black people. I think they are stupid and fear whitey. Hence...all the struttin', shuckin' and jiven'.

And now I am done feeding your empty ego, so ....ta!

The only thing that makes me laugh is that your fear is evident. You would only say this on a message board because you are to afraid to do it in real life with a Black woman around to work you over if you ever dared to step out of place and test your theory. Good thing you finally realized you were done. I arrived at the conclusion long ago but its fun playing with you.

There are no rap songs with the N word in it. Like a lot of white people you cant seem to get the distinction in the 2 words. Even if it was the same word you still are not Black so you using it has a different connotation. It would be like a thinking he could call a woman a bitch because they were calling each other bitches. Some lines you just dont cross or question. You certainly shouldnt be complaining about not being able to get away with using a racial slur.

I really don't get the distinction. Can you explain it?

I did explain it. Its not the same word for one. If a black person called me the white n word we would be boxing. If they used the word black people call each other in friendship I would have no problem..and two it would be like a man calling 2 women a bitch just because they called each other bitches. If you are not a women you dont call women bitches. Same thing with either n word. If you are not Black dont use either word without prior permission. What I really dont get is why this is so important to white people? Countless Black people have said not to use it because it is offensive. White people have gotten their asses kicked over it yet somehow they get mad about not being able to use it. Is this bothering white people that their white privilege does not extend to disrespecting people whenever they wish?
I don't care to use either the full word or the slang version. I am just a little mystified that a word can go from the worst word ever uttered in the history of the human race to a friendly greeting by changing an "er" to an "a"

First what all of you need to understand is that N*gger and N*gga are the same word but at the same time different. I know you are asking how is that possible and I'm going to tell you. First of all the word N*gger was used as a demeaning term by whites towards blacks during the times of slavery and the Jim Crow era. At some point some blacks began to use it in front of white people to show that the word has no power. This was used a retaliatory mind game of sorts. As time went along the word itself changed into N*igga because of the dialect of how people talked not to actually change the word itself. The use of N*gga became a word of endearment between black people because the more they used it the less it would affect them. Over the last 50 years or so many blacks have been against any form of the word because the word N*gga is now perceived as a black person who acts like they are not trying to better themselves or anyone else around for that matter. The problem with that now is that many other races no longer hide their "N*ggas" from the world but no one else has a word like that associated with their race other than blacks. A similar phrase for whites in this situation would be Trailer Park Trash but you aren't going to hear white people say that to each other. But you will hear them call each other "N*gga" in todays society and some blacks feel like those few "non-blacks" who use that term are taking something away from black people. At this point everyone gets caught up in the whole "er" "a" thing but anyone who hears how either word is used can clearly tell the intent of the person saying the word.
I get the usage difference and the intent difference. I don't get the massive levels of the difference. It literally goes from worst-word-ever-automatic-rage-inducer to friendly greeting.

Blacks are allowed to use the word....whites are not
And therein lies the tale.

For some, the posturing rage in response to a mere word occurs as a means of asserting a narrow, socially sanctioned authority over Whites. Forbidding Whites to use a word which is commonly used by Negroes is overt reverse discrimination.

There are no rap songs with the N word in it. Like a lot of white people you cant seem to get the distinction in the 2 words. Even if it was the same word you still are not Black so you using it has a different connotation. It would be like a thinking he could call a woman a bitch because they were calling each other bitches. Some lines you just dont cross or question. You certainly shouldnt be complaining about not being able to get away with using a racial slur.

I really don't get the distinction. Can you explain it?

I did explain it. Its not the same word for one. If a black person called me the white n word we would be boxing. If they used the word black people call each other in friendship I would have no problem..and two it would be like a man calling 2 women a bitch just because they called each other bitches. If you are not a women you dont call women bitches. Same thing with either n word. If you are not Black dont use either word without prior permission. What I really dont get is why this is so important to white people? Countless Black people have said not to use it because it is offensive. White people have gotten their asses kicked over it yet somehow they get mad about not being able to use it. Is this bothering white people that their white privilege does not extend to disrespecting people whenever they wish?
I don't care to use either the full word or the slang version. I am just a little mystified that a word can go from the worst word ever uttered in the history of the human race to a friendly greeting by changing an "er" to an "a"

Well gay went from meaning happy to homosexual. They didnt change one letter in the word. Plenty of other words have undergone similar transformations.

For some, the posturing rage in response to a mere word occurs as a means of asserting a narrow, socially sanctioned authority over Whites. Forbidding Whites to use a word which is commonly used by Negroes is overt reverse discrimination.

Whites are not forbidden to use the word. There is no law against it. You just risk getting your ass pounded if you choose to use it around a Black person. I think the bigger problem here is the whining by white people that want to use a racial slur towards Blacks even though we say its disrespectful coming from whites. Can some white person explain to me why you would want to be able to call a Black person the n word without having consequences?

First what all of you need to understand is that N*gger and N*gga are the same word but at the same time different. I know you are asking how is that possible and I'm going to tell you. First of all the word N*gger was used as a demeaning term by whites towards blacks during the times of slavery and the Jim Crow era. At some point some blacks began to use it in front of white people to show that the word has no power. This was used a retaliatory mind game of sorts. As time went along the word itself changed into N*igga because of the dialect of how people talked not to actually change the word itself. The use of N*gga became a word of endearment between black people because the more they used it the less it would affect them. Over the last 50 years or so many blacks have been against any form of the word because the word N*gga is now perceived as a black person who acts like they are not trying to better themselves or anyone else around for that matter. The problem with that now is that many other races no longer hide their "N*ggas" from the world but no one else has a word like that associated with their race other than blacks. A similar phrase for whites in this situation would be Trailer Park Trash but you aren't going to hear white people say that to each other. But you will hear them call each other "N*gga" in todays society and some blacks feel like those few "non-blacks" who use that term are taking something away from black people. At this point everyone gets caught up in the whole "er" "a" thing but anyone who hears how either word is used can clearly tell the intent of the person saying the word.
I get the usage difference and the intent difference. I don't get the massive levels of the difference. It literally goes from worst-word-ever-automatic-rage-inducer to friendly greeting.

Pretty simple. You cant do the secret handshake if you are not in the club.

1. The irony that you have to disguise the word on here to get it across, while proclaiming that you can "use" the word, just gave me my first chuckle of the day.

2. You can use it all you want. Go shout it out. Have fun. It just shows your lack of upbringing.

3. You seem to have no great love for black culture. Why would you want to emulate them?

Whites are not forbidden to use the word. There is no law against it. You just risk getting your ass pounded if you choose to use it around a Black person. I think the bigger problem here is the whining by white people that want to use a racial slur towards Blacks even though we say its disrespectful coming from whites. Can some white person explain to me why you would want to be able to call a Black person the n word without having consequences?

I agree with most of your post. I don't think it's necessary or appropriate to tell people that they might be assaulted for showing their lack of class. That reinforces a stereotype that black people are just violent.

That's a really good point.

On that same thought, isn't it sad that apparently, that's the little bit of power that black people can exercise over white people? And isn't even sadder that some people can't simply respect them, and let them have that tiny bit of power, to control the usage of one word, which isn't even a very nice word in the first place?

I agree with most of your post. I don't think it's necessary or appropriate to tell people that they might be assaulted for showing their lack of class. That reinforces a stereotype that black people are just violent.

While I agree with your post, I was just explaining the consequences to the poster I was responding to. I don't let stereotypes that other people dream up dictate or restrain my words. I find that if someone wants to stereotype Black people as violent no matter what I say they are still going to do that.

Forum List

Back