Something Doesn't pass the smell test on these Ohio polls

Something Doesn't pass the smell test on these Ohio polls

Seems Ryan said Romney had a "stench". Perhaps that's what you smell?

But the point doesn't go away just because you ask some hypothetical.

No, you're right. It doesn't. But the point isn't proved by discounting it either.

In the long run, it won't matter that much. Maybe this year people are self identifying Democrat and Obama wins, but I don't see that being a long term trend. Right now, the GOP is actually more correct about many issues than the DNC (Insert Firestorm here).

The problem is the GOP really needs to work on how it puts that message across. While Rush, Sean, Malkin, Coulter, are fun and get great ratings out of saying bombastic things, it doesn't make for good politics.

For example:

The GOP is 100% correct about the problems with illegal immigration. It is a HUMAN RIGHTS issue and has become the new form of slavery. However, the way the GOP addresses this in public always seems to alienate Latino voters.

The GOP is 100% correct about Religious Organizations and their right to exemption for paying for procedures they do not agree with. The way they put it though often alienates women (Hint: Calling someone a slut doesn't reflect well on the name caller either).

The GOP is 100% correct that some level of reform and restructuring of Social Security and Welfare has to happen. Harping on about Welfare queens and calling people who are out of work in a bad economy "deadbeats" alienates just about freaking everyone.

The GOP is 100% right that Education needs reform. Painting all teachers as lazy asses who are riding out tenure to the grave alienates the involved parents and the good teachers.

What you're seeing in the polls now are the effects of saying bombastic over the top stuff. You fire up the folks that agree with you, maybe, but you alienate literally everyone else.

That's just the way things are. You can be insanely intelligent and at the top of your field. If you can't communicate your arguments effectively, you get ignored and in the end, it doesn't matter if you were right or not. In the long run, the GOP will find a Reagan figure. A communicator who can put across the ideas in a way people will understand. Until then, they get to sit things out in elections.

I love these threads.

It's fascinating what the nutters will bitterly cling to in order to maintain such a high level of cognitive dissonance.

In '08 they were saying McCain would win thanks to some bullshit "People will say publicly they'll vote for a black man, but in the privacy of the booth...." effect. Didn't materialize then either.

Oversampling is just the newest one.

No polls are ever right this far from the election. Most polls are still wrong even the weekend before the election. I don't understand the obsession with polls.

Me either. I find reading the comments left after news articles a lot more telling of public sentiment than some poll, and anti obama comments generally run 9 to 1 to comments for.

I think obama is way behind, and all these skewed polls are really doing is shoring up the Romney base and energizing them to go to the polls in November, because they don't believe them either, and they're going to show these poll takers just how WRONG they were.

Just remember the Reagan/Carter election. Enough said about POLLS.
Yeah! You can just feel all the energy as they cheer for Willard as he leads them!!!! :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1j1b8hZg0g]Mitt Romney tries to lead a chant - YouTube[/ame]

msnbc_mj_romney_chant_120926a-615x345.jpg

"Oh....sweet Jesus!"

I love these threads.

It's fascinating what the nutters will bitterly cling to in order to maintain such a high level of cognitive dissonance.

In '08 they were saying McCain would win thanks to some bullshit "People will say publicly they'll vote for a black man, but in the privacy of the booth...." effect. Didn't materialize then either.

As I've said before, the Right is obsessed with countering every bit of bad news that comes along with some sort of manufactured myth that makes them all feel better again.

I love these threads.

As I've said before, the Right is obsessed with countering every bit of bad news that comes along with some sort of manufactured myth that makes them all feel better again.

They treat their constituency as small children unable to accept bad news

Which is unfortunate, as if they'd actually be grown ups, they could have a shot at turning this around.

This morning Akin, one of the guys that helped screw up the whole thing, started picking up GOP endorsements again. No way that comes back and bites them in the ass. No way at all.

Romney could still win this if the GOP accepted the polling data and went to work trying to come up with a plan to actually move forward. But they won't. They'll disregard the polling data as "Oversampled" and continue thinking they're winning.

Use your heads, people.

You should...

If it's a lock in theses states, why is 0bama spending tons of money and effort on them...

Pull your head out of your ass, boy...

Is Obama supposed to stop campaigning? You are going to see both candidates in a small number of states pretty much every day until the election. Amongst those states, it will be the larger ones that they'll spend the most time in.

In the thread that suggests Obama should start campaigning in Arizona, which has tightened, the cons make it sound like a waste of Obama's time there. At the same time you don't understand why he is campaigning in a state he is up in. Have you all ever paid attention to a campaign before?

Use your heads, people.

You should...

If it's a lock in theses states, why is 0bama spending tons of money and effort on them...

Is Obama supposed to stop campaigning? You are going to see both candidates in a small number of states pretty much every day until the election. Amongst those states, it will be the larger ones that they'll spend the most time in.

In the thread that suggests Obama should start campaigning in Arizona, which has tightened, the cons make it sound like a waste of Obama's time there. At the same time you don't understand why he is campaigning in a state he is up in. Have you all ever paid attention to a campaign before?

It is obvious that the Obama message is getting through in Ohio...why should he stop?

Use your heads, people.

You should...

The Democrat is within the margin of error in Arizona.

Nobody wants a Republican Senator Flake. There are already 45 of them. :lol:

Which is unfortunate, as if they'd actually be grown ups, they could have a shot at turning this around.

This morning Akin, one of the guys that helped screw up the whole thing, started picking up GOP endorsements again. No way that comes back and bites them in the ass. No way at all.

Romney could still win this if the GOP accepted the polling data and went to work trying to come up with a plan to actually move forward. But they won't. They'll disregard the polling data as "Oversampled" and continue thinking they're winning.

You know that Akin is going to win his seat, right?

Look, the left are demagogues. They will hype, inflate or fabricate stories to slander and libel the Republicans. If Akin had dropped out, Obama would have accused Romney of murder or something - oh wait, he did.

The Republicans need to never cower to the little Goebbles of the press.

Romney needs to slam Obama and the shameful party;

Romney:

Mr President, your campaign accused me of murder, do you now disavow such tactics?

Obama:

I uh, um, uh I killed bin Laden.

Romney:

Mr. President, there is evidence that the attack on the embassy in Libya was planned well in advance, supported by the presence of rocket launcher, mortars, and other heavy weapons. Further, the diary of Ambassador Stevens confirms that the administration was fully aware of planned attacks and that the Ambassador was in fear for his life.

Yet on numerous occasions you have publicly blamed a Youtube video and condemned the use of 1st amendment rights in the presence of those who perpetrated and supported these attacks. Is this your idea of "leadership?"

Obama:

Uh, er, um, the previous um administration uh er is um responsible for the um current crisis um er and any problems we have um as a nation.

Romney:

Mr. President, the economy is in shambles. We have a $16 trillion debt, your administration added $6 trillion of that in the last 4 years. Unemployment remains above 8%, and GDP growth is at historic lows for a recovery. You stated that if you couldn't fix the economy in 3 years, you didn't deserve a second term. So will you be dropping out of the race, or were you openly lying when you said this?

Obama:

You're rich, you hate poor people.

-------------------------------------------------------

Romney needs to call Obama out.

You know that Akin is going to win his seat, right?

Look, the left are demagogues. They will hype, inflate or fabricate stories to slander and libel the Republicans. If Akin had dropped out, Obama would have accused Romney of murder or something - oh wait, he did.

The Republicans need to never cower to the little Goebbles of the press.

Romney needs to slam Obama and the shameful party;

Romney:

Mr President, your campaign accused me of murder, do you now disavow such tactics?

Obama:

I uh, um, uh I killed bin Laden.

Romney:

Mr. President, there is evidence that the attack on the embassy in Libya was planned well in advance, supported by the presence of rocket launcher, mortars, and other heavy weapons. Further, the diary of Ambassador Stevens confirms that the administration was fully aware of planned attacks and that the Ambassador was in fear for his life.

Yet on numerous occasions you have publicly blamed a Youtube video and condemned the use of 1st amendment rights in the presence of those who perpetrated and supported these attacks. Is this your idea of "leadership?"

Obama:

Uh, er, um, the previous um administration uh er is um responsible for the um current crisis um er and any problems we have um as a nation.

Romney:

Mr. President, the economy is in shambles. We have a $16 trillion debt, your administration added $6 trillion of that in the last 4 years. Unemployment remains above 8%, and GDP growth is at historic lows for a recovery. You stated that if you couldn't fix the economy in 3 years, you didn't deserve a second term. So will you be dropping out of the race, or were you openly lying when you said this?

Obama:

You're rich, you hate poor people.

-------------------------------------------------------

Romney needs to call Obama out.

Akin is going to win? :lol:

You should...

It is obvious that the Obama message is getting through in Ohio...why should he stop?

Because House Gimp thinks that if he continues to campaign there it is a sign of weakness?

And last but not least there is the: "I don't want to diss the black guy" factor.

I see one or two Obama bumper stickers on the bumpers of cars, I never see Romney.

But I think most of Romney supporters are like me. We have seen the violence of the Unions and other wacko Obama supporters and we don't want to see our cars keyed.

When I had a Bush bumper sticker in 2004, I had my tires "mysteriously" punctured 8 times!

Liberals are the lowest.

You would never see a conservative doing something like that to a car with an Obama sticker.
With all this regurgiting of Romney campaign talking points to discount Obama's convention bump....which seems to be defying the laws of nature and staying aloft.......what makes you think Romney will act using Tea Party principles IF he is elected?.

Romney is not a Tea Parteir. He's a moderate Republican who will compromise more than Obama ever dreamed of.

I'm not so sure Romney is any better than Obama.

That's Romney's problem - he WAS a moderate Republican who could be expected to compromise. NOW, no one can possibly know who he is. He is one of two things - either he is a "reformed" moderate who is not a Tea Party Republican (right wing), or he's completely full of shit and will break every vow he made to the right as soon as he gets into office.

I love these threads.

Remember "PUMA"?

Because House Gimp thinks that if he continues to campaign there it is a sign of weakness?

But if Obama campaigns somewhere that he is down then he is delusional. He should probably just stop campaigning everywhere to placate the cons.

Forum List

Back