Solution to Pig Problem is Simple

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I'm watching a show on Discovery about the wild pig problem. I guess they are multiplying out of control. This is ONLY a problem for the beef industry. They inhumanly harvest cows and they are cruely crammed together in order to supply the world with beef. If we harvest these pigs, who have quality of life until they are shot, that will cut back on the amount of beef we consume and maybe the cows won't be crammed together until they are slaughtered.

And for you republicans, consider that competition is good. This will lower the cost of beef. You support buying chinese in order to save a penny, so why not support this?

This is a new market/industry too.

And the government will profit from pigs harvested on state land. Lower the debt.

Hog Wild In Florida: UF Experts Say Feral Pig Problem Here To Stay

This story is from Florida, but really its all over the USA. I even found one story in my Michigan, but it was the U.P. I can't wait till they make their way into lower Michigan. I hunt in Bad Axe and I would love to see a wild pig run by. I guess the rule is you can shoot them free and keep the meat.

I'm watching a show on Discovery about the wild pig problem. I guess they are multiplying out of control. This is ONLY a problem for the beef industry. They inhumanly harvest cows and they are cruely crammed together in order to supply the world with beef. If we harvest these pigs, who have quality of life until they are shot, that will cut back on the amount of beef we consume and maybe the cows won't be crammed together until they are slaughtered.

And for you republicans, consider that competition is good. This will lower the cost of beef. You support buying chinese in order to save a penny, so why not support this?

And the government will profit from pigs harvested on state land. Lower the debt.

This story is from Florida, but really its all over the USA. I even found one story in my Michigan, but it was the U.P. I can't wait till they make their way into lower Michigan. I hunt in Bad Axe and I would love to see a wild pig run by. I guess the rule is you can shoot them free and keep the meat.

Open season year round on those bastards in Texas--day or night---tons of fun

Open season year round on those bastards in Texas--day or night---tons of fun

I wonder if it has lowered your beef prices? What do you pay for a lb of ground serloin? It used to be $3 here in Michigan but in the last year or so it went up to $4. I'm going to start eating more pig/pork. But those aren't wild pigs either. They treat the pigs we buy the same way they do cows. They should start paying you for turning in wild hogs, if you have extra.

And yes, it looked like a lot of fun. I love hunting. I'm 39 and this will be my 3rd year. Deer. I got a doe the first year and a 6 point last year.

No, I'm scared because we were watching the same show at the same time.

Free if you process the pig yourself.

One scald & scrap will reduce your fervor. :lol:

I commend you on taking part in hunting, but your argument is in the wrong place. People buy beef because they like the taste of beef, much like they buy pork because they like pork.
The problem with feral pigs are they are not an indigenous species in North America. There is nothing here other than disease, which affects other wildlife and livestock as well, to keep their populations under control.
Here in Missouri they are common, there is no season, no limit and you could literally kill a dump truck load and the conservation department doesn't care.
Your problem isn't necessarily with republicans either. The problem is with the governments strangle-hold over the food supply. The FDA would not in a million years approve of something like feral pigs being sold at a commercial level by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that can get it to the butcher.
Another problem is with the large frankenfarm corporations that actually monopolize the markets. They lobby governments, bribe inspectors, and manipulate livestock value.
Then you have legislation that stacks the odds against the American small farmer that takes away from their ability to compete in order to broaden the horizons for foreign agriculture, in essence hobbling the race horse so the mule can win the race. CRP is an example of this. The government pays farmers so much per an acre to leave it non-productive for an "x" amount of years, so that some guy in the Ukraine can make a killing on corn.
Then you have what are called futures which is worthy of a whole new thread in and of itself, and screws farmers and consumers both.
Very few Americans today have ever tasted farm fresh anything. I raise cattle on a small farm, and I'll tell you first hand, fresh butchered black angus beef taste nothing like the best supermarket brand that money can buy. There are more laws to keep us from getting truly organic foods than there are laws that prevent processed toxic substances from being sold for human consumption.
I firmly convinced at this point that it does not matter how much the state or federal government ever gets as far as money, they will have spent it before it reaches their hands, rather than pay down debts. They are much like some idiot who inherits a deceased relatives million dollar estate one day, and by sunrise the following day, they don't have a pot to piss in.

Forum List

Back