Soldier's mother confirms "Trump did disrespect my son..."

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

Trump denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had said. He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

His widow cried that Trump didn't even remember his name. I guess he prefers the soldiers who aren't killed.

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.

his widow? you ok?

He said he has proof, but it's locked in the same vault as Obama's real birth certificate.

Meh, everyone knows that Trump has more respect for the military than ANY democrat politician.
Yet he just proved otherwise asshole.

Another case of "never let a tragedy go to waste"? The word "confirm" seems strangely out of place in this context. It seems that an angry democrat politician decided that the President disrespected the fallen Soldier and not the mother. Apparently the mother who apparently received the condolence call "stood by an account" created by a democrat politician. This is typical of the lengths the left will go to to try to create a scenario that doesn't exist. Actually it's the democrat politician, Frederica Wilson (D-Fla), who is guilty of disrespecting the fallen Soldier for political purposes and not the President.

Last edited:

No I didn't you simple minded idiot. Learn to read.

This is yet another major low for this despicable president.
First he insults the mother of a fallen hero then he lies about it.
Just when I thought the last thing he did was the ultimate low, then he keeps on digging.

Last edited:
Sounds like she would have said that no matter what Trump did.
:lol:

Everybody but Trump is lying. His track record reflects that. :rolleyes:
his widow? LOL

Try reading more of the article than what I posted. She was present when Trump made the call. She was recounting what his widow said to her.
too funny, way to mess up a thread.

How did I mess up a thread? I made a comment completely separate from the quoted article, and even then it was something that was stated twice in the article.

Another case of "never let a tragedy go to waste"? Apparently Sgt. Johnson's mother didn't make the claim. It seems that an angry democrat politician decided that the President disrespected the fallen Soldier and not the mother. Apparently the mother "stood by an account", whatever that means.

I'm not sure what your first language is but "stood by an account" in English means agrees.

Try to keep up you freaking moron. You said "Trump has more respect for the military." I said, " He just proved he doesn't."
Then you say , " no I didn't?"
Yup... another brain dead deplorable defending the indefensible.

Try to keep up you freaking moron. You said "Trump has more respect for the military." I said, " He just proved he doesn't."
Then you say , " no I didn't?"
Yup... another brain dead deplorable defending the indefensible.

If you could read past a 3rd grade level, you wouldn't say something so blatantly stupid.

Trump has said dumb and insensitive stuff before and people have lied about and misrepresented his comments before unless we can hear the complete conversation unedited no one is going to know for sure what was said. What we do know is absent this people will continue to accept what ever version fits their political narrative.

Whine, Get a Check

How much disrespect do we have to put up with from Blacks? Who sponsors them? Who feeds them their lines?

Most of the Black vets I've met think that White vets are losers too lazy to go to college. That's exactly the attitude the upper-class snobs have always had towards us. Race traitors are spoiled degenerate cowards.

Forum List

Back