Judge Roy Moore picked up thousands of fake Russian Twitterbots over the weekend

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Who know that Alabama was a bastion for Russian Immigrants? :cool:

The Russians are back — on Twitter.

The Alabama Senate candidate who ousted Trump-backed Luther Strange in a GOP primary last month may have been the latest victim of a Russian cyber campaign to infiltrate the US political system.

Controversial former judge Roy Moore gained 20,000 Twitter followers over the weekend — more than 1,100 of them bearing Russian language names and descriptions, according to The Montgomery Advertiser.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/roy-moore-flooded-with-fake-russian-twitter-followers/

Oh my, what to do, what to do!!!!!!!!

Can twitter accounts vote?

No, but they are masterful at spreading fake news.

But perhaps you don't care about Russian BS as long as they help your candidates get elected.

Amiright?

The fake Tea Party Twitter account linked to Russia and followed by Sebastian Gorka - CNNPolitics

Twitter Hosted Accounts Tied to Russians Spreading Fake News

Twitter, With Accounts Linked to Russia, to Face Congress Over Role in Election

Twitter latest to be slammed for deleting Russian fake account data

So is Twitter now a news organization? l didn't know CNN owned Twitter...

I don't get the fake news part.

The Alabama Senate candidate who ousted Trump-backed Luther Strange in a GOP primary last month may have been the latest victim of a Russian cyber campaign to infiltrate the US political system.

Controversial former judge Roy Moore gained 20,000 Twitter followers over the weekend — more than 1,100 of them bearing Russian language names and descriptions, according to The Montgomery Advertiser.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/roy-moore-flooded-with-fake-russian-twitter-followers/
Russian language in the United States - Wikipedia

3.1 million russian americans:
Russian Americans - Wikipedia

but 1100 "russian looking" names is a clear sign of their involvement. cause, if they WERE trying to hide, nothing says "NOTHING GOING ON HERE" like a russian spelled name.

but 1100 "russian looking" names is a clear sign of their involvement. cause, if they WERE trying to hide, nothing says "NOTHING GOING ON HERE" like a russian spelled name.
Why would they try to hide? Putin is getting away with this in plain sight.

you mean like he did under Obama for years?

Correct, with the difference being that, now, the entire world is aware he is doing it. yes, it appears you are following.

8-11roymooreputinjpg-3e3cf490971a165b.jpg

Correct, with the difference being that, now, the entire world is aware he is doing it. yes, it appears you are following.
later on.

No, Twitter is a social media platform. But they are not free from reasonable oversight such as not allowing hostile foreign governments to infect them with bots attempting to influence our elections. Ditto with regard to Facebook and everything else including chat boards like USMB.

As for "fake news" .. you sure as hell should know what fake news is. So-called conservatives co-opted the expression in typical Pee Wee Herman fashion e.g. I know you are but what am I?

Fake news are stories such as "Pizzagate" which could have very well ended in tragedy. These were endlessly re-Tweeted and reposted on other social media by Trump surrogates and supporters with nary a fact check. That was one of the worst and least believable but there were thousands of others.

Did they swing the election to Trump? That can never be conclusively proven one way or another. But they certainly influenced an election that was narrowly won by 80,000 votes or so in a couple of states.

No, Twitter is a social media platform. But they are not free from reasonable oversight such as not allowing hostile foreign governments to infect them with bots attempting to influence our elections. Ditto with regard to Facebook and everything else including chat boards like USMB.

As for "fake news" .. you sure as hell should know what fake news is. So-called conservatives co-opted the expression in typical Pee Wee Herman fashion e.g. I know you are but what am I?

Fake news are stories such as "Pizzagate" which could have very well ended in tragedy. These were endlessly re-Tweeted and reposted on other social media by Trump surrogates and supporters with nary a fact check. That was one of the worst and least believable but there were thousands of others.

Did they swing the election to Trump? That can never be conclusively proven one way or another. But they certainly influenced an election that was narrowly won by 80,000 votes or so in a couple of states.

I take it you don't like opinions different from yours.

Pseudocons will believe anything which aligns with their belief system. For instance, Trump makes a claim that 5 million illegals voted in California, with ZERO evidence to support his bullshit, and every pseudocon drinks Trump's piss straight from the tap.

So of course it would make sense for an interloper to set up bogus Twitter accounts to feed this endless horde of credulous retards a mountain of manufactured bullshit for their consumption, packaged in easy to copy-and-paste nuggets.

The tards have been deliberately dumbed down to the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker, so Twitter is the perfect vehicle to keep the parroting rubes squawking what they are told to squawk.

"I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

but his bitch obummer is already out of office?

Pseudocons will believe anything which aligns with their belief system. For instance, Trump makes a claim that 5 million illegals voted in California, with ZERO evidence to support his bullshit, and every pseudocon drinks Trump's piss straight from the tap.

So of course it would make sense for an interloper to set up bogus Twitter accounts to feed this endless horde of credulous retards a mountain of manufactured bullshit for their consumption, packaged in easy to copy-and-paste nuggets.

The tards have been deliberately dumbed down to the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker, so Twitter is the perfect vehicle to keep the parroting rubes squawking what they are told to squawk.

nothing here move along.

that seems to work for both sides. i see a lot of people bash trump for things they'd never give a flying shit about if obama did it.

to only call out one side isn't seeing the entire picture.

that seems to work for both sides. i see a lot of people bash trump for things they'd never give a flying shit about if obama did it.

to only call out one side isn't seeing the entire picture.
well because that is all a lib actually does. hypocrisy is their middle name.

i know you are but what am i?

how clever considering the entire RUSSIA mantra is blowing back on obama and company for their KNOWING how much corruption was going on and telling people to keep going.

or is that all fake news also?

and if you're a global platform, you're a global platform. if you don't want other countries playing in your sandbox, geoblock them.

Forum List

Back