Soldiers and PTSD

Several of us here got Purple Hearts. Except for Booger and James. Booger did get the Black Syph and James was just a sneaky little bastard.

The post is deteriorating. Betty thinks PTSD patients are "real men" and 1st Cav thinks he protected me while he was fighting in LBJ's war while I protected him before Vietnam.. Don't get me wrong, I think the Vietnam conflict was justified but it was badly run. If I may interject a psychological aspect (which I admit I am not qualified to do but it's interesting). I think the PTSD proponents are expressing their anti-war views while holding on to the most honorable time in their lives. Nurturing PTSD "patients" ain't the best way to express political anger or regain the honor in your lives.

The post is deteriorating. Betty thinks PTSD patients are "real men" and 1st Cav thinks he protected me while he was fighting in LBJ's war while I protected him before Vietnam.. Don't get me wrong, I think the Vietnam conflict was justified but it was badly run. If I may interject a psychological aspect (which I admit I am not qualified to do but it's interesting). I think the PTSD proponents are expressing their anti-war views while holding on to the most honorable time in their lives. Nurturing PTSD "patients" ain't the best way to express political anger or regain the honor in your lives.

Or then again maybe you just get off on insulting your betters.

Or then again maybe you just get off on insulting your betters.

Come on Doc. We are on the same side or at least we used to be. I don't think PTSD is a legitimate diagnosis in most cases and you do. Let's not get crazy about the issue.

Well, I did my best at not getting pissie with Whitebread. Again, I was wrong. First off asshole, it was Prometheus and you that were talking about protecting whoever. Not me dick. You have no reading and comprehension skills what so ever. When I went to war it was Nixon's, not LBJ's....thus the 69' but you can't even get that. I believe the war was LBJ's basically, but you can't even get simple dates right. Since I've been and still am a PTSD patient, I would love for you to call me something other than a man to my face. Actually all the Marines I treated at PI who fought multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan would be thrilled to make your acquaintance. Especially the one that got the Navy Cross in Iraq. They would Semper Fi your ass in a second but then again, your guts only go as far as hiding behind a computer. What the fuck makes you think I'm "anti-war"? I don't like it but I do find Chicken Hawks like you interesting. You never spent a milli-second in combat but have "nightmares that you might step on a mine." What a fucking punk you are to judge combat veterans according to YOUR political agenda. You're "pro-war" as long as you don't have to spill any blood. That's YOUR friggin' game. Big war talker who never got there but "almost got killed on Parris Island." Pussy. I tried real hard to be nice and lay out some facts to you and how do you respond? "PTSD patients aren't "real men". You're other comment within a comment also strikes me. Regain honor in our lives? Man, you are one sick demented fuck of a Pogue loser. No wonder everyone on the HC used to piss down your back. Your are not only unqualified to render an opinion, it wasn't even interesting. It just proves that you are one stupid ignorant individual that I would love to meet some day. I wouldn't try to make nice with Doc Hal. He's never been on your side on the PTSD issue, I guarantee that but I'm sure he'll let you know. I'm done with you, you maggot piece of shit and truthfully, I only wish the worst to befall on your miserable life. I'm sure it's been miserable, but I hope it gets worse. In short, Fuck you punk.

Well, I did my best at not getting pissie with Whitebread. Again, I was wrong. First off asshole, it was Prometheus and you that were talking about protecting whoever. Not me dick. You have no reading and comprehension skills what so ever. When I went to war it was Nixon's, not LBJ's....thus the 69' but you can't even get that. I believe the war was LBJ's basically, but you can't even get simple dates right. Since I've been and still am a PTSD patient, I would love for you to call me something other than a man to my face. Actually all the Marines I treated at PI who fought multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan would be thrilled to make your acquaintance. Especially the one that got the Navy Cross in Iraq. They would Semper Fi your ass in a second but then again, your guts only go as far as hiding behind a computer. What the fuck makes you think I'm "anti-war"? I don't like it but I do find Chicken Hawks like you interesting. You never spent a milli-second in combat but have "nightmares that you might step on a mine." What a fucking punk you are to judge combat veterans according to YOUR political agenda. You're "pro-war" as long as you don't have to spill any blood. That's YOUR friggin' game. Big war talker who never got there but "almost got killed on Parris Island." Pussy. I tried real hard to be nice and lay out some facts to you and how do you respond? "PTSD patients aren't "real men". You're other comment within a comment also strikes me. Regain honor in our lives? Man, you are one sick demented fuck of a Pogue loser. No wonder everyone on the HC used to piss down your back. Your are not only unqualified to render an opinion, it wasn't even interesting. It just proves that you are one stupid ignorant individual that I would love to meet some day. I wouldn't try to make nice with Doc Hal. He's never been on your side on the PTSD issue, I guarantee that but I'm sure he'll let you know. I'm done with you, you maggot piece of shit and truthfully, I only wish the worst to befall on your miserable life. I'm sure it's been miserable, but I hope it gets worse. In short, Fuck you punk.

Lighten up Cav before you have a stroke. Regardless of the time you enlisted or was drafted it was always LBJ's war. Betty Boop called PTSD patients "real men" not me. I guess I struck a cord though.

I'm no expert so I ask a legitimate question about PTSD and I hope the experts can answer it. Are there degrees of PTSD? What is the criteria for authorizing a PTSD disability? Is there a point at which the V.A. admits that a PTSD patient is dangerous to himself and society?

Lighten up Cav before you have a stroke. Regardless of the time you enlisted or was drafted it was always LBJ's war. Betty Boop called PTSD patients "real men" not me. I guess I struck a cord though.

Read. BB wrote this:
"Know how I know you're gay? Because you're in here trash talking the real men."

Note that she had just quoted you.
You should also note that I am also one the PTSD patients that you are so eager to defame, discredit and insult. You are also the one (along with some others here) whose honor sucks bigtime. Your outspoken ignorant prejudice does great harm to those who deserve to be honored.

Read. BB wrote this:
"Know how I know you're gay? Because you're in here trash talking the real men."

Note that she had just quoted you.
You should also note that I am also one the PTSD patients that you are so eager to defame, discredit and insult. You are also the one (along with some others here) whose honor sucks bigtime. Your outspoken ignorant prejudice does great harm to those who deserve to be honored.

The ball is in your court Doc. Give us the skinny about your psychosis.

My personal heroes among Navy Corpsmen and Army Medics, although there are many, are Navy Corpsman John Bradley and Army Medic John Chatterton. Neither one as far as I know ever claimed a PTSD pension.

I'm no expert so I ask a legitimate question about PTSD and I hope the experts can answer it. Are there degrees of PTSD? What is the criteria for authorizing a PTSD disability? Is there a point at which the V.A. admits that a PTSD patient is dangerous to himself and society?

You asked that question before and I gave you a list. Now you are backpedddling and playing stupid. Are you to lazy to look up the information I provided to you or just backpeddling? You are asking stupid questions. Your fakery shows through. Why don't you quit while you are behind. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

You asked that question before and I gave you a list. Now you are backpedddling and playing stupid. Are you to lazy to look up the information I provided to you or just backpeddling? You are asking stupid questions. Your fakery shows through. Why don't you quit while you are behind. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

I'm getting old Camp. Tell me again.

You can't educate yourself about PTSD on a message board. You can learn some things, but in your case, you have way to much to learn.
At least look up these five recognized levels or types of PTSD

Normal Stress Response
Acute Stress Disorder
Uncomplicated PTSD
Cormorbid PTSD
Complex PTSD

At least read up on these levels or types of PTSD before being so quick to talk about a topic you seem so unprepared to talk about.

"The ball is in your court Doc. Give us the skinny about your psychosis."

If you were paying any attention what-so-ever you would already know that PTSD is not a Psychosis.

"Is it ethical for a Corpsman to recommend himself for a PTSD pension? Sounds like a pretty good deal though."

Think. PTSD was not a recognized or defined disorder until long after Vietnam.
Again, I get no pension for PTSD.
I never recommended myself for anything. That may be the reason I don't have a PH.
And no, I don't think that PTSD is in any way a "good deal".

The criteria for taking the guns of a person with PTSD is the same as anyone else; Threatening to kill yourself or others. In this state they would be taken to an ER and the MD would evaluate them and then they would be sent to a closed psychiatric unit for evaluation for three days. To stay any further and the psychiatrist would have to take the guy to court where he would have his own lawyer and then a judge would decide if further committal is necessary. As long as he is a threat to himself or others, his guns would be kept away from him. Once he is declared sane, he gets them back if he wants them.

I personally know of one guy that is 100% disabled with PTSD. He is a real basket case. He has brain damage from it and can't drive or manage any of his own affairs. He has uncontrollable rage at times. He was a Marine in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive. His area was overrun and he spent several days hiding under the roots of a tree pissing and shitting on on himself while the NVA were all around executing civilians. He came home, finished college and worked as a probation officer for over 25 years. He had a breakdown and never worked again. He is married to his high school sweetheart who has never left his side no matter how many times he has abused her. I knew him as a kid. We were counselors at scout camp together. He is an Eagle Scout and his nickname was Peaches, not because he was sissy but because he was such a nice kid. But now, his life is one of unmitigated suffering and sorrow.

Last edited:
I can't understand why any of you guys are still answering this twit. He asks the same stuff over and over again, doesn't read the answers, or nit pics an answer to get what he wants, then insults everyone with his reply. The exact same MO as when this pos was on HC. He's a sick, twisted, old man, who's jealous of everyone that went to war and will continue to do the same. I really did try to educated this asshole and got nothing but insults back. He won't rest until some asshole that agrees with him comes on and then he'll feel vindicated. Fuck this loser.

You can't educate yourself about PTSD on a message board. You can learn some things, but in your case, you have way to much to learn.

Normal Stress Response
Acute Stress Disorder
Uncomplicated PTSD
Cormorbid PTSD
Complex PTSD

At least read up on these levels or types of PTSD before being so quick to talk about a topic you seem so unprepared to talk about.

Camp, he doesn't want to be educated. He just wants to see how many people will continue to answer his stupid fucking questions over and over again. He was educated a million times over on HC and would just do the same thing over and over. He's only looking for answers that justify his bigotry not the ones he's getting that go against everything he believes in.

Normal Stress Response
Acute Stress Disorder
Uncomplicated PTSD
Cormorbid PTSD
Complex PTSD

Camp, he doesn't want to be educated. He just wants to see how many people will continue to answer his stupid fucking questions over and over again. He was educated a million times over on HC and would just do the same thing over and over. He's only looking for answers that justify his bigotry not the ones he's getting that go against everything he believes in.

I understand he is a troll. I like to troll the trolls. His bs gives an oppurtunity to help educate others who may be reading the post. If one family member or friend does just a little research guided by the information they got here it will all be worth it.

Forum List

Back