Sold my Xbox-one and bought a PS4

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
My disk drive was acting funny so I traded it in on a PS4. The free games are kinda nice but nothing to write home about. The UI is leaps and bounds better which is weird since the 360 was so good while the PS3 was a complete mess.
I've read all the hype about the resolution and framerates being superior on the PS4 but I dont see it. I've purchased 3 of the same games I had on the X1 and they all look and play EXACTLY the same.
The controller is vastly superior to the dualshock 3 but still subpar to the 360 imo, yet better than the crap they made for the X1.

In the end I do miss the all in one capabilities the X1 provided for my entertainment center but the simplified PS4 is easy and enjoyable to use for gaming.

Microsoft has their work cut out for them. Especially considering the SteamBox is set to release later this year.

Which games are you playing, Grampa? I might go watch on youtube. Rad Brad is stuck on his stupid zombie games. I HATE zombies.
I eagerly await Castlevania part 2 which comes out sometime this year. I can't play it, but I love to watch.
Hell, I am still struggling to get thru Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time on my ps2!

• Banned
Which games are you playing, Grampa? I might go watch on youtube. Rad Brad is stuck on his stupid zombie games. I HATE zombies.
I eagerly await Castlevania part 2 which comes out sometime this year. I can't play it, but I love to watch.
Hell, I am still struggling to get thru Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time on my ps2!

Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Don't Starve
Warframe

The games out right now kinda suck. I don't youtube but you should look into Frankiein1080ponpc. Kid is VERY entertaining. Right now he is doing tributes to war heros. Typically ww2

I'm going to be buying a PS4 eventually. It sounds a lot more promising. I don't have much interest in the xbox one but I might get one of those eventually for Halo or something like that. My cousin has one and it didn't impress me.

I agree with you that most of the games out right now suck for both so I'll probably wait a year or two. I still have to start GTA 5 and the last of us

I don't know what the release date is...but I eagerly await seeing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum. DAYUM!

Watch it all the way thru. Then it says when it will be released a few times..then the final scene at the very end.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
The console wars are becoming a joke these days. Back when Nintendo and Sega were battling it out the consoles actually mattered. There were TONS of exclusives for each system (mostly because the producers also made games themselves) but that has changed as electronic companies have moved in and removed the game producers.

This is MUCH better for us (we no longer have to buy multiple consoles and the competition is FIERCE) but I don’t see how they can continue to battle it out for much longer. There is almost zero reason to buy one system over the other IMHO.

Many of the titles that are exclusive have been destroyed by the maker. HALO was really screwed over in the last few iterations. Nothing on PlayStation actually pops out as a must have. Heck, even Mario has lost his touch considering Nintendo didn’t even bother with the cube – a real travesty as they did TERRIBLE with their exclusive lineup even with the bestselling console out there.

I personally think Sony’s BIGGEST mistake was losing Square Enix. That company could carry a console ALONE. Once they lost them, one of the largest reasons for people to get a PlayStation over an Xbox evaporated.

As far as the graphics go, I think we are at a point where the numbers are completely meaningless. They all look the same and both units are going to perform the same until the point that the programmers actually learn the architects well enough to truly squeeze some juice out of them. Even at that point, I don’t see a real difference really standing out. How many damn pixels do we really need after all? At some point the eye is going to be the limiting factor…

Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Don't Starve
Warframe

The games out right now kinda suck. I don't youtube but you should look into Frankiein1080ponpc. Kid is VERY entertaining. Right now he is doing tributes to war heros. Typically ww2

You finally made the switch. As you can see, it is very much worth it.

Also, do yourself a favor and delete warframe. UI on U14 is complete shit. Kubrows are complete shit.

Mirage is eh
A nice frame to stir some things up, but U14 is like a shit.

DE is squatting over warframe, taking a massive dump on it.

My disk drive was acting funny so I traded it in on a PS4. The free games are kinda nice but nothing to write home about. The UI is leaps and bounds better which is weird since the 360 was so good while the PS3 was a complete mess.
I've read all the hype about the resolution and framerates being superior on the PS4 but I dont see it. I've purchased 3 of the same games I had on the X1 and they all look and play EXACTLY the same.
The controller is vastly superior to the dualshock 3 but still subpar to the 360 imo, yet better than the crap they made for the X1.

In the end I do miss the all in one capabilities the X1 provided for my entertainment center but the simplified PS4 is easy and enjoyable to use for gaming.

Microsoft has their work cut out for them. Especially considering the SteamBox is set to release later this year.

Good information. I've been waiting to hear which is which. All I need is a good gaming system. I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles. Just a good system. I'm still using 360. I recently beat Fallout 3 (again); Bioshock 2 (again); and just beat Fable III. I just started playing Fallout New Vegas a couple of days ago. Can't wait for some good sequels to the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series.

I've got both again. Xbox runs quieter and the user interface runs smoother. PS4 checking messages or other functions are laggy as hell. Other than that both machines perform the same when it comes to the games

I joined Steam last month. Not sure what benefits it has.

I'm not interested in the X1 at all. Extremely happy with my 360. Only thing I play anymore is Gotham City Imposters. My handle on XBOX Live is SMELZLIKEFARTS.

I'm proud of that one. If I can't always beat em at least I can crack em up.

Steam has some great sales every so often.

Its the way of the future - hard media is going to be gone within the next decade. I cant remember the last time I actually bought a game that had a disk.

I liked impulse a LOT better than steam but somehow gamestop has managed to kill that off so now I am stuck with steam. Their deals are not as good but every now and then worth it. I just picked up a few games yesterday for 2 bucks - cant beat that :D

Aaaaand FUCK MICROSOFT.

Second Xbox-one just crapped out on me. 6 weeks on turn around time for repair. Meanwhile destiny comes out in 2 days......

Forum List

Back