Sold my Xbox-one and bought a PS4

I originally bought XBOX because of Halo. That was my favorite game. Now I never play it, not since I started playing Gotham City Imposters. I'd like to get the latest Forsa game but that only comes on XBOXOne. It's not worth it.

Remember when things used to last a long time?

That was called "Made in America".

Most of the people that made those "long lasting things" are dead now. Along with America's economy.

I originally bought XBOX because of Halo. That was my favorite game. Now I never play it, not since I started playing Gotham City Imposters. I'd like to get the latest Forsa game but that only comes on XBOXOne. It's not worth it.
Now through the 12th I believe, Xbox-one is running a promo. Any Xbox-one purchase comes with ANY free game and that includes the promos that already come with one game. So essentially you get two free games

I still don't get how consoles are in business. $400 for a barebones Xbox One, games about $70 a pop. For that you could buy a complete computer and monitor. Not a very good one as gaming rigs go but still, you could a lot more with it. And if you have both, just how stupid are you? :) Bet you whine about money a lot. Gee, wonder why.

I think my next console may be a PS because I'm getting tired of frying mine. I've bought an XBOX and 3 XBOX360s and the only one that didn't fry is the first one.

I've still got the original PS3 that I purchased when they first came out.
Not a single problem.
I have a launch day fatboy PS3, runs perfect.
To be fair, I have a XBox360 that I bought in 2010 that runs perfect as well.

I have both new systems love them both.

But my first love is my Atari2600. I just bought two of them the other day, one still has the original box, and works. The other needs some work.

I still don't get how consoles are in business. $400 for a barebones Xbox One, games about $70 a pop. For that you could buy a complete computer and monitor. Not a very good one as gaming rigs go but still, you could a lot more with it. And if you have both, just how stupid are you? :) Bet you whine about money a lot. Gee, wonder why.

I have both. Why? Because I can.

Sorry you're poor.

I have both. Why? Because I can.

Sorry you're poor.
Lol

He's jelly

An XB1 will be under my tree on Christmas morning. Won't be mine but I am looking forward to trying it out. I prefer PC games, but they are not as fun as having a bunch of people sitting around competing against each other on a console.

I have tried playing console games but I came from playing 1st person shooters on the comuter...the adjustment from mouse to controller just doesn't work out. The console controller just seems so sluggish....is there a reason they don't have a mouse for the console systems....?

I have tried playing console games but I came from playing 1st person shooters on the comuter...the adjustment from mouse to controller just doesn't work out. The console controller just seems so sluggish....is there a reason they don't have a mouse for the console systems....?

Cuz they don't need one?

It's personal preference for sure, but the controllers are no slower than a mouse. Any delay you may have noticed was due to to something else.

It's personal preference for sure, but the controllers are no slower than a mouse. Any delay you may have noticed was due to to something else.

My brother keeps telling me to just put in the time and I'll get used to it....but still, the mouse is really nice to use....

Cuz they don't need one?

Controllers are not slower - they are FAR less precise. Put a controller in the hands of one player and a mouse in another and the one with the controller is at a HUGE disadvantage.

There are several videos of top Quake players trying to defend controllers and their playability in FPS games - it does not look pretty. There really is no way to get the same precision out of a controller than there is in a mouse. It is also why almost every game released for a console has aim assist or why the RTS games released for consoles are such utter disasters. Really, you are not going to see the mouse added onto a console for another reason entirely - it is not the same gaming experience. I don't think I have ever seen a console gamer sit in a position where a mouse and keyboard would be even remotely plausible. It just is not the same.

I have a keyboard and mouse attached to my Xbox - it is entirely possible to do so - but I would never dream of actually using it for a game. If I wanted that experience, I would go over to my computer which allows me a more expansive experience anyway.

My brother keeps telling me to just put in the time and I'll get used to it....but still, the mouse is really nice to use....
Also realize that mice are faster than controllers most of the time as the controller sensitivity can be turned down. Want to make it faster - turn it back up and you will get the same speed. Precision decreases as the speed is increased though so you have to find where you are most comfortable.

Cuz they don't need one?

Controllers are not slower - they are FAR less precise. Put a controller in the hands of one player and a mouse in another and the one with the controller is at a HUGE disadvantage.

There are several videos of top Quake players trying to defend controllers and their playability in FPS games - it does not look pretty. There really is no way to get the same precision out of a controller than there is in a mouse. It is also why almost every game released for a console has aim assist or why the RTS games released for consoles are such utter disasters. Really, you are not going to see the mouse added onto a console for another reason entirely - it is not the same gaming experience. I don't think I have ever seen a console gamer sit in a position where a mouse and keyboard would be even remotely plausible. It just is not the same.

I have a keyboard and mouse attached to my Xbox - it is entirely possible to do so - but I would never dream of actually using it for a game. If I wanted that experience, I would go over to my computer which allows me a more expansive experience anyway.

I think in the future , we will see many games utilize a keyboard on the next gen consoles.

Cuz they don't need one?

I think in the future , we will see many games utilize a keyboard on the next gen consoles.
I doubt it only because of the different experience I was talking about. I just cant see myself using a keyboard in my living room on a console. The computer is so much better positioned for that and gaming is alive and well on computers (no matter how much the gaming industry would like it to be confined to consoles).

I used to be all about mouse and keys, but at this point I'm just as comfortable with an Xbox controller as I ever was on the computer.

I strongly doubt that consoles are going to ship with keyboards any mice at any point in the near future. It's a different market.

I stopped playing games when I grew up.

Shame you didn't learn how not to be a punk troll.

bam_logo.jpg

F*ck Microsoft and their XBox "360 version 2".
It is an XBox 360 with a built in Roku for the most part.
WHen XBox came out I said M$ would takeover the console market and halt innovation in the entire industry. And whalaa - THIRTEEN years later and the entire video game industry has changed very little all this time. Except now you have to pay Microsoft to play the games online, pay Microsoft a tax to download mappacks and upgrades. And just like M$ - video game makers learned that you don't need to develop new technology or new games - just rehash the same games, basically make a few map packs and call it "Call of Duty 2, 3, 4 or 5".
Games are waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced, absurd to pay $50-$70 for 3-4 hour campaigns and buggy multiplayer maps that are little more than a small arena for people to shoot each other all day. Yippee.
Who knows how awesome video game consoles would be now if XBox never came along.

New Topics

Forum List

Back